Bo nickle says he could knock out a chimp

Grappling a chimp is probably a bad idea since they like to claw, tear, bite, and rip. They are also a bit stronger. You'll need more than two people. Probably four, and they gotta be skilled and strong as hell and be willing to kill or be killed. Chimps are ferocious animals and go for vitals and other weak spots.

Would not recommend...

So, OSV thinks a gorilla would be no bid deal? That's worth a 30-page thread of its own.

Lots of curious things in that dialogue. Firstly, it seems that in a previous podcast they've been discussing taking on a gorilla (however, I've listened to the previous episode and it doesn't seem to come up.)

Secondly, Bo and Dimes are not unfamiliar with Chimps. They're big fans of Rise of the Warrior Apes and seem to have had interaction with an actual chimp called Limbani (?) who stole Dimes' tooth pick.

Grappling a chimp is probably a bad idea since they like to claw, tear, bite, and rip. They are also a bit stronger. You'll need more than two people. Probably four, and they gotta be skilled and strong as hell and be willing to kill or be killed. Chimps are ferocious animals and go for vitals and other weak spots.

Would not recommend...

It is indeed not the strategy I expected from Bo or the one implied by the misleading thread title. But yes it seems Bo thinks the key to defeat a chimp is choking it out.

With the two on one vs a full grown chimp I presume he’s thinking that Dimes’ pummelling of the torso of the Chimp, will be distracting enough to prevent the chimp gouging at his face and give him enough time to put the chimp to sleep. This I feel is very speculative – as we just don’t know how the reach and flexibility of a chimp might aid it in escaping a rear naked choke even with a body triangle locked in.

For the guillotine on a small chimp – we don’t know how small a chimp Bo is talking about here. But a year-old chimp weighs around twenty pounds. This seems to me something Bo could feasibly do, but I think it would seriously damage his brand. Even guillotining a 70 lb chimp (the lower end of the adult weight) would win him few fans.

Humans are actually much easier to KO than most animals of a similar size due to our large brains.

that and our skulls are relatively small and un-robust for our body size compared to most other animals, and the way our heads just stick upwards from the body on usually thin necks. just asking to get the brain rocked

while a chimps skull is not that relatively big to body size compared to a carnivoran - like a bear, wolf, lion, etc. - is does have virtually no neck and a ton of stabilizing muscles, meaning it will be hard to give its head the kind of whiplash that leads to knockouts

It is indeed not the strategy I expected from Bo or the one implied by the misleading thread title. But yes it seems Bo thinks the key to defeat a chimp is choking it out.

With the two on one vs a full grown chimp I presume he’s thinking that Dimes’ pummelling of the torso of the Chimp, will be distracting enough to prevent the chimp gouging at his face and give him enough time to put the chimp to sleep. This I feel is very speculative – as we just don’t know how the reach and flexibility of a chimp might aid it in escaping a rear naked choke even with a body triangle locked in.

For the guillotine on a small chimp – we don’t know how small a chimp Bo is talking about here. But a year-old chimp weighs around twenty pounds. This seems to me something Bo could feasibly do, but I think it would seriously damage his brand. Even guillotining a 70 lb chimp (the lower end of the adult weight) would win him few fans.
I don't think he was saying choking it out, as much as controlling the head and locking it up so the chimp can't bite, and then the other person whales on the chimp while he has it somewhat immobilized.

In any case, he's given way too much thought to this.

I don't think he was saying choking it out, as much as controlling the head and locking it up so the chimp can't bite, and then the other person whales on the chimp while he has it somewhat immobilized.

In any case, he's given way too much thought to this.

Yes on revisiting this I agree with you. The choke is only to immobilise the chimp and enable the second person (Dimes) to punch and kick the chimp and cause massive damage. This is probably why he says ‘wreck’ rather than choke it out.

It’s a reasonable strategy in my book because I think the hardest part is going to be getting close to an unrestrained chimp – especially within the environment of a roofed MMA cage, or chimp island.

Can he take the chimp’s back in the scramble and also maintain the choke if he’s suffered repeated bites and scratches to his hands and fingers are the two big questions for me here.

I'm so happy this thread is back to page 1

Chimpanzees are apparently able to literally rip a human's face off. Might advise him against trying his theory out.
No "apparently" about it. Chimps have proven this quite a few times on unsuspecting, soon-to-be, faceless individuals.

No "apparently" about it. Chimps have proven this quite a few times on unsuspecting, soon-to-be, faceless individuals.
p19525_p_v8_af.jpg

Starring Bo Nickles.

One Swedish Zoo seven escaped chimps.

They should remake this as a movie starring Bo Nickal.

If Bo had been present he could have choked them out one by one and returned them to the Ape House without having them gunned down.

Back