• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Blunt Weapons better for Self-Defense?

Yeah, I was also kind of trying to use that as an example of why a knife isn't always a great choice as a self defense weapon.

Yeah that's the reason I wasn't so sure about knives unless it's long enough to penetrate major organs. But finnegan's hammer idea sounds the best so far. It'd be harder to explain in court why I have a huge knife in my house. As for the maglight, I have one but I'm also looking for the best weapon I could use as home defense since I don't plan on carrying weapons outside.

Yeah that's the reason I wasn't so sure about knives unless it's long enough to penetrate major organs. But finnegan's hammer idea sounds the best so far. It'd be harder to explain in court why I have a huge knife in my house. As for the maglight, I have one but I'm also looking for the best weapon I could use as home defense since I don't plan on carrying weapons outside.

I'd also recommend a crowbar. The thing is if you use a weapon to defend yourself it has to be used in a non-lethal manner. I say hold the guy at gun point and wait for the cops.

An umbrella can be a very dangerous weapon when used right.

Pengers.JPG

Unless you have hallways big enough to swing something in then most blunt weapons will be useless.
I'd go with a punch enhancer. Unfortunately some screwed up law made them and most other things illegal here. Making leather gloves with metal over the knuckles may be a loophole.

Handkerchief and a pad lock works quite well. I know some one who had there skull fractured and had hemorrhages due to the strikes. You can go out into public with the hankey hanging out ready to use.

Get a good wooden baseball bat and saw it off to your preferred length. You'll be able to swing a bat accurately and powerfully and because of the new length you can swing it faster and swing it in close quarters.

Tee ball bats are the perfect size for this sorta thing.

Back