Bloodborne v4 Update: 60fps Patch

Glad you're enjoying it, Rem. I was talking to a buddy of mine about it the other day at a bar and overheard another table who happened to be talking about it as well. One guy said he returned it as he "didn't pay $45 to do nothing but die." Not everyone has the patience for it and that's what these games are about. You can really start to wreck shit once it all clicks.

Give the game another shot without power leveling. Once you really get into the swing of the gameplay it's incredibly satisfying.

Oh and make sure you play the DLC. Arguably the best bosses in the entire game are in it.
Yeah I can completely understand that dudes mindset. I must have died 100 times in the first few days. Then I just grinded for souls for two days. Then decided I was over mining for stuff in a videogame.... and then found the glitch

There Is totally something to be said about a game where you die a hundred times and still are down to keep dying. There was just a cap though, and I found it at 100

I really do think this game would be huge though if you could change the difficulty. I have sadly noticed there aren't a ton of good PS4 games, so if it was more geared to the average gamer, sales would be huge. Wouldn't be just a niche game

New PB tonight baby - 3:23. Had a really good DLC. First try on Ludwig, Maria and Orphan which is unheard of for me. Got stuck on Failures and Moon or it would've been sub 3. At least I know it's possible now.

My Orphan fight tonight was hilarious. Second time this has happened to me. He took the bait and chose not to transform.

Yeah I can completely understand that dudes mindset. I must have died 100 times in the first few days. Then I just grinded for souls for two days. Then decided I was over mining for stuff in a videogame.... and then found the glitch

There Is totally something to be said about a game where you die a hundred times and still are down to keep dying. There was just a cap though, and I found it at 100

I really do think this game would be huge though if you could change the difficulty. I have sadly noticed there aren't a ton of good PS4 games, so if it was more geared to the average gamer, sales would be huge. Wouldn't be just a niche game

Glad you're sticking with it. I think difficulty settings would diminish the sense of accomplishment that is so unique to Souls/Bloodborne games. There is a kind of difficulty balancer and that is summoning a co-op friend for bosses or just getting through a level. Might be a bit tougher now that game has been out a few years but you should still be able to find people.

I've jumped out of my chair and fist pumped while screaming "YES!" multiple times because of the bosses in the Souls/Bloodborne series. If you ever need any help or have questions or need tips, the community around these games is (mostly) super encouraging and it's always awesome seeing a new player finally click with the game.

New PB tonight baby - 3:23. Had a really good DLC. First try on Ludwig, Maria and Orphan which is unheard of for me. Got stuck on Failures and Moon or it would've been sub 3. At least I know it's possible now.

My Orphan fight tonight was hilarious. Second time this has happened to me. He took the bait and chose not to transform.

Damn you're getting that time way down. I think I'm like 30 hours into my BL4 play through haha.

I've been using that same tactic on Orphan minus the consumables, don't want to waste them until I figure out the fight. His first phase is pretty easy but I'm lost on his second. I can survive ok but finding an opportunity to punish is tough.

I've never seen him not transform that's pretty funny.

Damn you're getting that time way down. I think I'm like 30 hours into my BL4 play through haha.

I've been using that same tactic on Orphan minus the consumables, don't want to waste them until I figure out the fight. His first phase is pretty easy but I'm lost on his second. I can survive ok but finding an opportunity to punish is tough.

I've never seen him not transform that's pretty funny.
Don't worry, my first full BL4 with DLC was like 50 hours. I'm more shocked than anyone about this, believe me. Just lots of grinding and I made savefiles in the beginning to practice my weakest fights.

I like your approach. Consumables aren't a good way to learn his moveset since they give you a huge temporary boost in damage. They just speed things up a lot. Failures without beast pellets though... that must have been painful.

Yeah his second phase is something else. Hard to learn when everything either one or two shots you. I know you can chain parry him to prevent the transformation to phase two but I've never seen anyone else have him behave like what happened last night. Not transforming is obviously a glitch though since he doesn't have a death animation and just stands there.

Don't worry, my first full BL4 with DLC was like 50 hours. I'm more shocked than anyone about this, believe me. Just lots of grinding and I made savefiles in the beginning to practice my weakest fights.

I like your approach. Consumables aren't a good way to learn his moveset since they give you a huge temporary boost in damage. They just speed things up a lot. Failures without beast pellets though... that must have been painful.

Yeah his second phase is something else. Hard to learn when everything either one or two shots you. I know you can chain parry him to prevent the transformation to phase two but I've never seen anyone else have him behave like what happened last night. Not transforming is obviously a glitch though since he doesn't have a death animation and just stands there.
Oh no I definitely used pellets on Failures. I just meant on Orphan, seems pointless since I don't know the fight well enough yet. Took a small break from it and started clearing Chalice's again. Funny how dangerous all those throwaway bosses become.

Oh no I definitely used pellets on Failures. I just meant on Orphan, seems pointless since I don't know the fight well enough yet. Took a small break from it and started clearing Chalice's again. Funny how dangerous all those throwaway bosses become.
Awesome! Chalices at this level are a lot of fun, at least the bosses anyway. Getting to the lever is a real challenge though.

How did you find Failures? They are the worst part of the DLC for me. Such a long fight and you're screwed if you get bad RNG in the beginning... like one guy spamming arcane attacks while you try to kill the ones that are spawning.

Awesome! Chalices at this level are a lot of fun, at least the bosses anyway. Getting to the lever is a real challenge though.

How did you find Failures? They are the worst part of the DLC for me. Such a long fight and you're screwed if you get bad RNG in the beginning... like one guy spamming arcane attacks while you try to kill the ones that are spawning.
Tough, definitely. I don't like the fight much as is but at BL4 it's a chore.

Speaking of the Failures, I was doing a causal play through and one of them remained spawned after the fight was over haha. Hadn't seen that before.

Tough, definitely. I don't like the fight much as is but at BL4 it's a chore.

Speaking of the Failures, I was doing a causal play through and one of them remained spawned after the fight was over haha. Hadn't seen that before.

Haha check out what happened to this streamer during a BL4 run a few weeks ago. This was almost you.

Haha check out what happened to this streamer during a BL4 run a few weeks ago. This was almost you.

Lmao, I should have experimented with him more. I didn't think he would follow you into Maria though.

Your stream crashed at moon presence and never came back
Yeah sorry, my internet crashed for a while. I thought it was the Twitch servers and didn't figure it out until after I finished the run.

Lmao, I should have experimented with him more. I didn't think he would follow you into Maria though.
His reaction was hilarious. He's normally a really laid back guy but there's only so much craziness you can take. I've seen some weird shit but nothing like that.

Apparently the PS4 Pro is getting patched to include a "Boost Mode" which is supposed to boost the GPU and CPU usage to help games that aren't patched yet.

Someone has put up videos using boost and non boost and the difference is pretty impressive. Between this, Nioh, TLOU2 all getting benefited from the Pro, it's really making me consider pulling the trigger on it.

Boost mode first, non-boost second

Non-boost first, boost mode second

The lecture hall is probably the laggiest area in the game with all the water. Amygdala can be bad too when you break her limbs. Too bad he didn't show the same area with both machines.

Orphan skipped phase two again tonight, just like a couple nights ago. Weird. And the little guy managed to survive the Ludwig fight as well. That hasn't happened to me in a long time.

Good run but missed PB by two minutes. I really need to get better at Gehrman. That fight seems to take forever and if I die a bunch it just kills my time.

Last edited:
Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm... Do you hear our prayers?

Now Dizzy has me reconsidering whether to get a PS4 Pro. lol

Now Dizzy has me reconsidering whether to get a PS4 Pro. lol
I might because during Ds2 and 3 I used the PS4 as a punching bag and now the disc drive sounds like it might die at any moment

Back