Bloodborne v4 Update: 60fps Patch

Finally finished a run last night. Got stuck on Ebrietas, Maria, Orphan and Laurence so my time sucks but at least it's a completed run. About 7 h 20 min IGT. Exhausting doing it all in one night.

Just got the game for Christmas and am almost done with NG+. So far it is high up there in my list of the Soulsborne games. My favorite fight has been Gehrman.

Holy shit, I had watched so many videos on the Orphan of Kos fight and heard so many stories about how it took people forever to defeat him even on simple NG.

I just defeated him on my first attempt at ever fighting him. I used 6 vials total. Did I get extremely lucky or is he actually this easy?

Holy shit, I had watched so many videos on the Orphan of Kos fight and heard so many stories about how it took people forever to defeat him even on simple NG.

I just defeated him on my first attempt at ever fighting him. I used 6 vials total. Did I get extremely lucky or is he actually this easy?

I think Orphan is one of the toughest bosses in the series.

What's that smell? The sweet blood, oh, it sings to me. It's enough to make a man sick.

He definitely is until you figure him out. Then it becomes about execution (as opposed to bosses like Maria and Laurence who are always very RNG heavy). It's one of the reasons why Orphan and Ludwig are my favourites in the DLC.

He definitely is until you figure him out. Then it becomes about execution (as opposed to bosses like Maria and Laurence who are always very RNG heavy). It's one of the reasons why Orphan and Ludwig are my favourites in the DLC.
I just realized I haven't fought Laurence yet. I've heard horror stories of his AoE attacks.

I killed him with a speck of health left after 10-15 attempts. My heart never raced so much.

Bloodborne is GOAT.

Beauty of Soulsbourne series. lots of people have trouble with some bosses that others think are easy and vice versa.

I saw a lot of people complaining about Dancer of the Boreal Valley in DS3 but i nearly killed it first try and then crushed on the 3rd try.

Rom is my bane in this. but that's mainly because a absolutely can't stand for boss fights were you have to deal with all the little minions and the boss. for whatever reason i immediately become impatient and rush the boss(when you are allowed to instead of the minions being a phase of the fight) instead of dealing with the rest of them. i wish they made Rom an optional boss and Blood Starved Beast as a main boss.

I just realized I haven't fought Laurence yet. I've heard horror stories of his AoE attacks.
You tend to get staggered every time he touches you directly or when hit by his AOEs. It's a really annoying fight to get good at. Definitely the worst boss at low levels.

Beauty of Soulsbourne series. lots of people have trouble with some bosses that others think are easy and vice versa.

I saw a lot of people complaining about Dancer of the Boreal Valley in DS3 but i nearly killed it first try and then crushed on the 3rd try.

Rom is my bane in this. but that's mainly because a absolutely can't stand for boss fights were you have to deal with all the little minions and the boss. for whatever reason i immediately become impatient and rush the boss(when you are allowed to instead of the minions being a phase of the fight) instead of dealing with the rest of them. i wish they made Rom an optional boss and Blood Starved Beast as a main boss.
A lot of people kill all the spiders in the first phase and then hit and run on Rom after he teleports, although it is still riskier than clearing each wave of his minions.

Beast pellets can make boss fights so damn easy. God dammit.

Beast pellets can make boss fights so damn easy. God dammit.
Yeah they're like this game's RTSR or brightbugs in DS2, although I think there is more skill required to build a beast meter and maintain it during a boss fight. Really cool mechanic.

Just made a new PB with my BL4 all bosses run - 4:50 IGT. Not remotely close to the WR, which is like 1:45 or something silly like that, but I'm slowly getting better.

My first one took like 40 hours because the DLC is crazy difficult the first time you do it at base level but I've been grinding away and feel semi competent now, except for Laurence. He's still an asshole.

Just made a new PB with my BL4 all bosses run - 4:50 IGT. Not remotely close to the WR, which is like 1:45 or something silly like that, but I'm slowly getting better.

My first one took like 40 hours because the DLC is crazy difficult the first time you do it at base level but I've been grinding away and feel semi competent now, except for Laurence. He's still an asshole.

Speed runners for this game who dont use glitches are just insane. It seems like they smash bosses before their stamina runs out, and anytime I attempted such things, I would ge whopped. I've got the platinum and recently played through it cementing it as one of my top 10 games of all time, but I still feel like I havent mastered it and thats why I keep coming back.

Speed runners for this game who dont use glitches are just insane. It seems like they smash bosses before their stamina runs out, and anytime I attempted such things, I would ge whopped. I've got the platinum and recently played through it cementing it as one of my top 10 games of all time, but I still feel like I havent mastered it and thats why I keep coming back.
I'm surprised at how addictive this is becoming. I already have an obscene number of hours in this game but running it has added a whole new level of fun. It's too late now but I honestly feel like doing another one. Very weird.

And really good speedrunners have every hit planned to maximize their stamina. It's harder to do at level 4 but I can already see how it happens with enough repetition. That's why the RNG element pisses them off so much. They can't plan for it.

And really good speedrunners have every hit planned to maximize their stamina. It's harder to do at level 4 but I can already see how it happens with enough repetition. That's why the RNG element pisses them off so much. They can't plan for it.
Have you ever watched LobosJr? He does a bunch of crazy challenge runs (some being at BL4 including Chalice dungeons o_O)

Have you ever watched LobosJr? He does a bunch of crazy challenge runs (some being at BL4 including Chalice dungeons o_O)
His most impressive BB run is the NG+7 fist only run. I think his fight with Laurence took 40+ minutes.

There are better SoulsBorne players out there but I find Lobos pretty entertaining so I like his.

His most impressive BB run is the NG+7 fist only run. I think his fight with Laurence took 40+ minutes.

There are better SoulsBorne players out there but I find Lobos pretty entertaining so I like his.
Dude that run was insane. He made Orphan of Kos look like a joke.

Back