Bloodborne v4 Update: 60fps Patch

haha believe me man I tried that a million times. For instance the one boss that's a big dog I looked up videos and watched people do it and everything I just couldn't get it done. I would grind out some levels and go at it again and still he would beat me. That's when I started using help from online players to beat the bosses. I could get through the levels easily enough but the bosses were just impossible for me.
I understand completely. My first few playthroughs of Dark Souls 1 were with the help of summons. I probably had 100 hours in it before trying bosses solo. Multiplayer is a really fun part of these games so nothing wrong with getting help.

I understand completely. My first few playthroughs of Dark Souls 1 were with the help of summons. I probably had 100 hours in it before trying bosses solo. Multiplayer is a really fun part of these games so nothing wrong with getting help.

Dark Souls 1 I actually made it halfway through I think. I got to the end of Blight town right outside the boss. The issue with me beating that one is I keep getting poisoned and I need to cross the water in order to get to the boss. Once I cross the water there are three huge dudes waiting for me while I'm poisoned. I read on the guides it's better to get some poison resistant stuff before you go here but I didn't do that. So yea that's where I'm stuck on that game. It sucks because I really want to beat Dark Souls 1 I enjoy it but the poison is kicking my ass.

You've been doing these challenge runs longer than I have, I just wanted to get in on the ground floor with one finally.

I've just got a few more games I want to clear out then I'll probably play the DS3 DLC and I won't be able to resist going back to Bloodborne when I'm done with that.
I'm actually looking forward to doing the BB DLC again. I tried Ludwig a bunch of times with my first BL4 character but gave up out of frustration. Now that I know it's possible, I'm itching to try again but also terrified of getting stuck for a week.

Dark Souls 1 I actually made it halfway through I think. I got to the end of Blight town right outside the boss. The issue with me beating that one is I keep getting poisoned and I need to cross the water in order to get to the boss. Once I cross the water there are three huge dudes waiting for me while I'm poisoned. I read on the guides it's better to get some poison resistant stuff before you go here but I didn't do that. So yea that's where I'm stuck on that game. It sucks because I really want to beat Dark Souls 1 I enjoy it but the poison is kicking my ass.
Blighttown sucks. It's one of the most annoying areas in the entire series. The game gets a lot more fun after that though.

Blighttown sucks. It's one of the most annoying areas in the entire series. The game gets a lot more fun after that though.

I wish I could get past it. I do plan on going back and seeing what I can do. Just needed a break. The guide did say it was one of the hardest areas in the game.

I wish I could get past it. I do plan on going back and seeing what I can do. Just needed a break. The guide did say it was one of the hardest areas in the game.
I don't want to spoil anything but there is a ring you can get to make the area a little easier. Also, get some purple moss to cure the poison. It would be extremely difficult to clear that area without it.

I don't want to spoil anything but there is a ring you can get to make the area a little easier. Also, get some purple moss to cure the poison. It would be extremely difficult to clear that area without it.

Please spoil away. Do you know the name of the ring and where to get it?

Please spoil away. Do you know the name of the ring and where to get it?
Yeah, the Rusted Iron Ring lets you run on water. You can get it at the Undead Asylum (where you start the game).

Getting back there is a little tricky... you have to sit in the giant bird's nest at Firelink Shrine and wait to be carried. You might have to watch a video to see how to get to the nest.

Yeah, the Rusted Iron Ring lets you run on water. You can get it at the Undead Asylum (where you start the game).

Getting back there is a little tricky... you have to sit in the giant bird's nest at Firelink Shrine and wait to be carried there. You might have to watch a video to see how to get to the nest.

Ah ok the guide I was following wanted me to do this but I decided not to and went on with the game. Blah would be such a pain to run all the way back.

I always get that ring first. You can also farm the purple moss from those living trees that pop out of the ground on the way to the forest.

Ah ok the guide I was following wanted me to do this but I decided not to and went on with the game. Blah would be such a pain to run all the way back.
Were you able to find the boss down there? You can get to her from the bonfire without being attacked by the big trolls. You just have to cross the swamp at the right spot.

Were you able to find the boss down there? You can get to her from the bonfire without being attacked by the big trolls. You just have to cross the swamp at the right spot.

Yea I was able to make it to the boss and I even fought the boss one time. I think I tried looking for a spot but was unable to find one that didn't get me poisoned quickly but I'll look again when I play.

Since co-op covenants aren't a thing in BB I never summoned for the bosses. I kept myself from losing my sanity on some of the tougher bosses by hitting things and cursing a lot. I highly recommend it.

Since co-op covenants aren't a thing in BB I never summoned for the bosses. I kept myself from losing my sanity on some of the tougher bosses by hitting things and cursing a lot. I highly recommend it.
Pillows and soundproof walls. They work.

Yea I was able to make it to the boss and I even fought the boss one time. I think I tried looking for a spot but was unable to find one that didn't get me poisoned quickly but I'll look again when I play.
Try right up the middle. Just run to the elevator and cut through the swamp from there. I never bother fighting any of the enemies in the swamp anymore unless I'm farming for something they drop.

Pthumerian Descendant in Great Ihyll down. That fight just plain sucks. The pillars and recoil on the dash mechanic make it 10x harder than it would be in a normal arena. Think I started fighting him and Darkbeast back in January so really glad they're both done finally.

I've made a few attempts on Headless Bloodletting Beast already and I think this fight is going to be a lot more fun. His ground smash keeps destroying me but at least there are no boomerangs going through walls.

I don't understand how people say the queen is easy. Bosses with ranged attacks are like my kryptonite.

Thinking of picking this up as I'm clearing through my backlog of games. What should I expect from this game? About how long will it keep me busy?

Thinking of picking this up as I'm clearing through my backlog of games. What should I expect from this game? About how long will it keep me busy?
I've been playing for over a year but that includes many playthroughs and challenge runs.

Your first playthrough will probably take 20-40 hours depending on whether you do it solo or with summons. The chalice dungeons will take at least that long as well, if you decide to do them.

Back