Bloodborne v3, Broken Controller Edition

[YT]ERybxGGQf20[/YT]

The footage – which has been captured by Gamersyde – shows some of the new areas that you'll encounter in the DLC, as well as a boss battle against Ludwig. If you look carefully, you'll spy what appears to be a Holy Blade on his back – an interesting one for the fans, eh? We're really loving the look of the Bowblade in this gameplay, which is an all-new weapon exclusive to the expansion.

I always wanted to try the stake driver, but ludwigs/burial blade kept me enraptured. I think I actually have a spare blood rock sitting around

I really want to find another rock for this character but all the glyphs are for lower loran and ihyll. It would probably be easier doing ng+.

I'm surprised there aren't more stream captures on youtube of people freaking out, I know my neighbors definitely heard some shit on certain bosses.

I really want to find another rock for this character but all the glyphs are for lower loran and ihyll. It would probably be easier doing ng+.

Stakedriver is my new favorite weapon. Better than Ludwigs because its faster and takes less stamina. I'm co oping dungeons with it and wrecking bosses, collecting all kinds of chunks and gems.

Seems incongruous with the supposed lore that Ludwig is the Cleric Beast.

There seemed to be two groups on the Ludwig lore thinking...the group that think/thought Ludwig is the Cleric Beast...and the group that thinks/thought Ludwig is the Forgotten Madman in the Lower Hintertomb Chalice Dungeon...I was in the later group...

omg the watchers are so annoying in the room with the pillars at this level. It's so hard to avoid the guy standing in the middle.

Holy shit, he just skipped pretty much all of Old Yarnham by jumping off the side at the beginning

Stakedriver is my new favorite weapon. Better than Ludwigs because its faster and takes less stamina. I'm co oping dungeons with it and wrecking bosses, collecting all kinds of chunks and gems.

Even better than the saw spear?

I finally started a playthrough and after a few hours I haven't gotten used to not having a shield. Haven't had this much trouble with a Souls game since Demon's, it is such a grueling battle to get to the boss encounters from the first lantern. But I'm amazed how much detail they put into the environments. Wish I wasn't in a rush when I played it.

Farming chunks to get my saw spear to +10, I'll let you know

It's the best. Has the same 20% serrated bonus against beasts like the saw cleaver but gets it during both phases, unlike the cleaver which only gets it while untransformed. Stakedriver might be better vs kin though, not sure.

This is why I don't like speed runs. He just glitched Amelia. I get it, but just don't think that should constitute a real speed run.

Speedruns are filled with glitches..
There used to be more ,but were patched out .

I finally started a playthrough and after a few hours I haven't gotten used to not having a shield. Haven't had this much trouble with a Souls game since Demon's, it is such a grueling battle to get to the boss encounters from the first lantern. But I'm amazed how much detail they put into the environments. Wish I wasn't in a rush when I played it.

You will get use to it...we all did eventually...the dlc trailer shows a proper shield, so they are coming...assuming nobody counts the wooden shield already in the game a real shield...

Now I'm stuck on Ebrietas, Logarius and Merciless Watchers in Lower Pthumeru. Feel like I should be able to get Logarius if I can avoid his arcane skulls, and the Watchers are doable but driving me crazy in that little room. Ebrietas however seems impossible at lvl4. I know people have done it but I've only been able to get her to half hp once. Usually I die in the first five seconds if she charges. That fight is grim.

Huge shortcut there to get to forbidden woods too

I found myself trying to roll dodge a deathclaw and got absolutely murked because there are no i frames in Fallout :|

During this run there are afew shortcuts and glitches..
but there is still alot of skill on show .

Yeah I'm not saying they aren't skilled but I'd prefer a legit speed run to be glitch-free. I guess part of the game of speedrunning is discovering the glitches, though.

Don't know yet if it is a magic system or throwing object that looks like magic...the trailer shows what looks like a soul arrow...

It's probably a hunter tool item like 'Augur of Ebreitas' or 'A Call Beyond'.

I found myself trying to roll dodge a deathclaw and got absolutely murked because there are no i frames in Fallout :|

lol I'm holding off for a few more days. I know I'll get sucked into the exploration so kind of afraid to start before the BB DLC.

How do you like FO4 so far?

Yeah I'm not saying they aren't skilled but I'd prefer a legit speed run to be glitch-free. I guess part of the game of speedrunning is discovering the glitches, though.

The only major cheat he uses is glitching Amelia..
the shortcuts need some really precise timing to pull off.

Just beat the Merciless Watchers in Lower Pthumeru. Finally! What a nightmare fight at lvl4. Probably died 100 times over the last few days. Hopefully that's not the last boss I beat in the dungeons. Undead Giant, Rom and Bloodletting Beast coming up, then Defiled. lol

This game hasn't even been out that long and these dudes have found some pretty ridiculous shortcuts through the level geometry

Bloodborne-The-Old-Hunters-Expansion.jpg

Speaking with Eurogamer at Tokyo Game Show, Bloodborne Producer Masaaki Yamagiwa revealed that The Old Hunters expansion http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/09/15/tgs-2015-bloodborne-dlc-announced/coming in November was decided on after foregoing two previously planned sets of DLC, and they have no plans to do any further content once it’s released:
We were originally planning on doing two sets of DLC. It was decided that with one set, we’d be able to do more with it, and have more volume for players to play with. As of right now, we have no plans for any more DLC.
With a release date of November always scheduled (at least in Japan), Yamagiwa adds, “I should mention, though, we finished making the game and then moved into production on the DLC. It took that long, but that’s because of the sheer amount of volume. We’re sorry it took so long! But it’s as fast as was possible considering what’s in it.”

You’ll be able to access The Old Hunters in the first half of the game after you meet certain, unnamed conditions. While the TGS demo was softened a bit, the final product should be as difficult as the later stages of Bloodborne’s campaign.

Featuring three new areas, The Old Hunters should have eight hours of gameplay, and it adds 10 new weapons including a whip that converts into a katana sword and a dagger that also works as a bow and arrow.

New NPCs will also be introduced, and will extend to the existing campaign. Chalice Dungeons, however, will not be affected:
We won’t be touching them in the DLC, but we’re thinking of making them easier for everyone to play. But that’d be as part of an update, not part of the DLC.

Just beat the Merciless Watchers in Lower Pthumeru. Finally! What a nightmare fight at lvl4. Probably died 100 times over the last few days. Hopefully that's not the last boss I beat in the dungeons. Undead Giant, Rom and Bloodletting Beast coming up, then Defiled. lol

You are a far braver man than I.

Crazy that just one hit from the one reborn forces him to start over.

You are a far braver man than I.

No I'm just more retarded. Or at least stubborn. :D

But seriously, it's a great way to learn a boss fight. Normally you can overwhelm a lot of them with dps and stunlocks but everything is different at this level. Your damage output sucks and you die in one or two hits so it makes fights much longer. I've died a ton but slowly their movesets are becoming ingrained in muscle memory. It's neat when you realize you're reacting to things without thinking about it. Pretty fun run once you accept that fights are like mini projects.

There used to be a glitch right at the start where you could jump the fence into Losefka clinic and go to forbidden forest right away..
then jump the fence of the shadows fight ,glitch them and then go to ROM...
inside the first 15 minutes of play .

all got patched out ..

Fallout 4 is amazing. My wife played for 12 hours yesterday and she's the pickiest gamer I know. That speaks to the game's ability to suck you in.

Did he just teleport from the first vials to the first ladder? Did I lag or something?

I'd better complete the Chalice Dungeons before they nerf the shit out of them.

I want my plat trophy to be legit!

Fallout 4 is amazing. My wife played for 12 hours yesterday and she's the pickiest gamer I know. That speaks to the game's ability to suck you in.

You're not helping. I was hoping you would say so so.

Crazy that just one hit from the one reborn forces him to start over.

These speedrunners are obsessive...
they will just start over and over..... no matter how deep into the game they go..
all they want is the best time.

Easier chalice dungeons? Hmm don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand chalice dungeons are extremely boring and you couldn't pay me to play them but if I can run quickly through them and get the items I want it could be an incentive that could push me to play those generic dungeons.

Presently stuck on amygdala in the defiled chalice dungeon. Give me that half hp back and maybe Ill go for the platinum

Gonna stream the DLC, found a way to do it straight from the PS4. If getting mic'd is as easy as plugging a headset into the controller, you'll get to experience the rage first hand.

Most speedruns are filled with glitches and sequence breaks. The worst was probably the binoboost glitch in ds2 which allowed the game to be finished in 15 minutes.

Bloodborne has relatively few now that coffin jump and shadows skip were patched. Those two skips were borderline game breaking because they allowed access to twin bloodstone shards at the beginning of the game while avoiding one of the hardest bosses.

Presently stuck on amygdala in the defiled chalice dungeon. Give me that half hp back and maybe Ill go for the platinum

I keep forgetting amy is in defiled. Are you staying behind her in the second half of the fight?

Bloodborne runners usually do "all bosses" ,so they dont skip any boss...

Gonna stream the DLC, found a way to do it straight from the PS4. If getting mic'd is as easy as plugging a headset into the controller, you'll get to experience the rage first hand.

Oh shit you can plug it into the controller! Forgot that little connector was there. I always wondered how people did it with the console so far away.

A week away from new content!

Back