Blood is just red sweat.

TheAth-ah-lete

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am a full time student of life trying to find myself through pain and struggle in life and in training.

You must be really pumped!

So here's what I'm thinking for my strength program but I need a little guidance.

Monday:

Pullups: adding more every workout, and once I hit sets of 10 I will begin adding weight.

Chins

Thickbar Dips: 4x6. Am about to begin adding weight.

BORs: 4x8

Xvest Pushups: 4x8

Power Cleans: 10x1 Still learning form

Flat Bench Press: 2x failure. No rack, awkward to clean, sit, and lie back now so working on high reps until I figure something out.

Tuesday:

Power Clean to Front Squat

Pushpress

Wednesday:

Magic 50

Thursday:

Same as Monday but I think I probably need to change it up a little like do dynamic rows and clap pushups.

Friday:

Deadlift

Clean and Press

So I'm wondering about what kind of reps/sets would be best for me on most of these. I think my neck is feeling good enough to ramp up the weights, and I'm pretty sure that I know when to stop now rather than keep pushing through the pain.

Pullups 4x3
Chinups 1x6

Dips 4x6

BOR 1x8x145, 3x8x135

Xvest Pushup 4x8 30lbs.

Power Clean 5x1x135, 1x155, 1x175, 1x205pr, 2x185

Flat Bench 1x8x95, 1x30x95

5 minutes jump roping.

Best pullups so far. I've been having to use a little kip on the last reps, but today they were all good except for the last rep on the last set of pullups. On Chinups I took a little over 2 minute break and was getting really "pumped up" thanks to reading Devilsson's log today. I decided to just see how many I could get and 6 was it. I think I'm pretty damn close to 10 now. Dips were fucking awesome. The thickbars have made it a lot harder, but I think I was making them worse by looking down.

Took about 15-20 minutes to get from the park next to my apartment to my mom's house where all my equipment is now so I got a good rest, but after the first set of rows I had to drop the weight back down.

In the middle of the workout I got a business call that was exactly what I was hoping to hear so I got EVEN MORE PUMPED! Power cleans were feeling so good I decided to start upping the weight. At 175 I figured I should just shoot for 205 and not fatigue myself leading up to it. Unfortunately I got a little intimidated and didn't explode, my form was absolute shit but I got it up. I went back to 185 and it was easy. Next time I'll work up to it and not let myself get psyched out so much.

It was kind of awkward cleaning the weight, sitting on the bench and lying back to do benchpress so after a set of 135, I went down to 95lbs. Sets of 8 weren't going to do shit for me so on the second set I busted out 30.

5 minutes of jump roping was no problem but I was hungry and ready to go. Felt amazing during and after the workout. Looking forward to changing things up a little bit to emphasize putting up bigger numbers.

program idea:

-% of 1rm
-listed are working sets only

Mon:

-Cleans: 70%x5x1, 80%x5x1
-Deadlift: 85%x3x3
-Weighted Pull Ups: 85%x2x3, bwx1-6-1(ladder)

Tue:
-100 jumping jacks
-100 burpees
-100 mountain climbers

Wed:
OFF

Thu:
-(Clean once)Front Squats: 80-85%x3x3
-(Clean once)Push Press: 85%x3x3, 75%x2x8
-Floor Presses: 90%x5x2, 75%x2x8

Fri:
-4x400 meter run
-3x(50 bw squats, 30 push ups, 20 sit ups)

SAT/SUN: OFF

or light cardio(jogging/jump rope) with lots of foam rolling and stretching.

-simple program you can try for 8-12 weeks ...try boosting weight week to week...try increasing total reps or reducing your time in conditioning workouts...

Consider getting saw horses for squatting, rack pulls, bench, etc...2 sets of 2 horses with adjustable heights can be great. and total cost can be under 100$....

For core try doing a couple movements per workout with progressively increasing load or exercise difficult. Madmick has a great catalog of ab movements in S/P...search for it....

For grip you can try working with grippers on squat day. I have a thread for training with grippers in S/P...and u can do some other training to strengthen wrists and thumb strength. www. gripboard.com is a good place to join to learn abour grip training.

Yes! Im no longer the guy who changes his routine every month and has a reputation for that. Thanks man.

And on the real, Im very happy for you bro. Dominate that shit.

Hahaha, I feel like someone just shit in my corn flakes. No rows or dips??? Low lifting volume but quite a bit more anerobic conditioning than I was planning on. How do you think that will affect when I do my running?

It is alot different than what I was thinking which makes me think I should step out of my comfort zone completely and do what you say. 8-12 weeks isn't that long, and I'm ready to try something new.

My mind is made up, I'm going to do your program. But what about rows? Dips? Also, I was considering doing a 1 mile run day, a 2 mile run day, a 6+ mile day, and a sprint day, but with what you've listed with the bodyweight conditioning and the 4x400m run on friday I'm thinking maybe justt a 6+ mile run on the weekend, and a 2 mile run on Wednesday. Sound good?

Edit: Oh yeah, I have to do pullups and dips at a park next to my apartment so I have to do them before or after the rest of my workout. Pullups are my weakest lift by far so should I do them first instead of last? And my mom is being nice enough to let me use a small part of her garage to put all of my equipment, she has no more room for saw horses though, so nothing will be happening with that right now. I'm starting a new career though and hopefully I will soon be making enough to rent a house and get out of this tiny ass 1 bedroom apartment and have my own man cave.

Yes! Im no longer the guy who changes his routine every month and has a reputation for that. Thanks man.

And on the real, Im very happy for you bro. Dominate that shit.

Oh snap!ahahaha. In my defense when I started my last program I hadn't trained for real in a while and I didn't know how my neck was going to react to everything, plus I haven't had any idea how my progress was going to go with cleans, front squats, etc.

And thanks, the "dominate that shit" mindset is what I have right now. FUCKING PUMPED vs, "Whattheeffever"(my old log name). So uninspired and pussified I just got sickened today by how training has been. I've been logging how I've been getting excited about training again, and today was like I was before my old gym went ghey. I parked my truck in the drive way, rolled down the windows and turned up the stereo and yelled "WOOOOOOOOO" after every set. Feels good to let the crazy out ya know.

Now I'm going to calculate my numbers and post my new program.

I parked my truck in the drive way, rolled down the windows and turned up the stereo and yelled "WOOOOOOOOO" after every set. Feels good to let the crazy out ya know.

Hahaha, nice. Thats hilarious.

Next time instead of "WOOOOOOOO", mix it up a bit. I like "Mother!!!!!", "Fuuuccckkk yeaaahhhh!!!", and "YOURRRRR MMYYYY BIIITCCCHHH!!!"

I'll try that, but I have to say my favorite is just grunting. Not like grunting during max effort, but just...I don't know, getting myself pumped up breathing hard, pacing in front of the weight going "AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH UUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Grunting is really good, but if Im really pumped up I might just bust a nut while screaming "IM YOOOOUUU DAD!". It has helped my lifts by 27%. You should give it a shot.

Grunting is really good, but if Im really pumped up I might just bust a nut while screaming "IM YOOOOUUU DAD!". It has helped my lifts by 27%. You should give it a shot.

ahahahahahaahahha, WTF does "I'm you dad" mean????? 27% is nothing to laugh at though.

Holy shit that makes it even funnier. It's 1:15 and my girlfriend is sleeping right behind me on the couh while I'm trying not to laugh out loud and wake her up.ahahahaha

Hahaha, what you should do is simple. Hover over her, maybe 2 inches from her face...and start grunting "aaarrrggghhh" like you would do on a max attempt, then start grunting like a pig and barking like a dog. When her eyes open, be sure to lock onto them and continue barking, grunting, and making pig noises.

Fuck you man. I did laugh out loud that time.

p.s. I'm going through your log right now and I am about to make threats against you in it. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Good job on coming back from the substance issue, but I have to ask--where's the vascularity training, bro?

Back