BLIZZCON 2017

I do not know that you will get to do dwarves as horde (though that would be amazing) here is MMO-C's preliminary breakdown.

Battle for Azeroth - Allied Races
Subraces are finally here, officially called Allied Races. Two of them were playable at BlizzCon. Keep in mind this is a demo, not final.

In addition to the races listed below, Zandalari Trolls, Nightborne, Void Elves, and Dark Iron Dwarves are planned.

Highmountain Tauren
  • In addition to the regular options, customize facial hair / hair, horn style, horn color.
  • Racials:
    • Rugged Tenacity - Reduces damage taken by 330
    • Pride of Ironhorn - Mining skill increased by 15 and allows you to mine faster
    • Mountaineer - Increases your Versatility by 1%.
    • Bull Rush - Charges forward for 1 sec, knocking enemies down for 1.5 sec. 2 minute cooldown.
    • Waste Not, Want Not - You have a chance to loot additional meat and fish

Lightforged Draenei
  • In addition to the regular options, customize facial hair, tattoo style, and runes.
  • In the demo, only has access to Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Priest, Mage.
  • Racials:
    • Light's Judgement - Call down a strike of Holy energy dealing 5,150 Holy damage to enemies within 5 yards after 3 sec. 40 yd range, 2.5 min cooldown.
    • Forge of Light - Summon a forge of light, enabling Blacksmithing. Blacksmithing skill increased by 10.
    • Demonbane - Experience gains from killing beasts increased by 20%.
    • Holy Resistance - Reduce Holy damage taken by 1%.
    • Final Verdict - When you die the Light avenges you, dealing 1,162 Holy damage to enemies within 8 yards and healing allies for 1,383.
Allied Races
  • Races can't remain neutral anymore
  • Custom quest content will lead to recruiting new races into your faction which then become playable on your account.
  • Alliance: Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarves
  • Horde: Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Trolls
  • Quest chains unlock new races, you can't just buy the expansion and use them.
  • New racials for the allied races
  • Begin at level 20.
  • You can race change or boost your Allied Race character
  • Level to 110 as an allied race to unlock Heritage Armor to show off your achievement
  • 6 Allied races at launch, more planned
  • Heritage Armor transmog works for all armor types
I know, i was just saying that playable dark iron is cool!
I'm a Tauren player, so the Highmountain stuff sounds awesome too. And "more planned"? Maybe we're finally getting brown orcs? Aahhh!

Lol. When the hell did Anduin become a Paladin?

Lol. When the hell did Anduin become a Paladin?
If you only knew how bad discipline priest got it this xpac, you would reroll too.

Im hyped for both the new expansion and classic server announcements.

If you only knew how bad discipline priest got it this xpac, you would reroll too.

Im hyped for both the new expansion and classic server announcements.
The cinematic for the new expansion was cool. I'll resub at release and then drop it a month later, as usual.
Classic servers confuse me. Are they going to run on old patches? Old graphics? It'll be interesting to see Horde population without Belves.

The cinematic for the new expansion was cool. I'll resub at release and then drop it a month later, as usual.
Classic servers confuse me. Are they going to run on old patches? Old graphics? It'll be interesting to see Horde population without Belves.
Not too many details out there but most of the community wants the server to run on patch 1.12.2

No updated models, no cash shop. Just like it was back in the day.

Stoked for the classic servers. Played on nostalrius for a bit, was pissed when they shut that server down.

D3: No news. PoE took over completely. Blizzard gave up on the Diablo altogether it seems.

Both hilarious and sad. POE did Diablo better than Blizzard themselves. I though D2 story was more engaging than POE. But D3 and POE stories are just "meh".

ame.

SC2: SC2 is going FTP, while you still have to pay for Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.

That tells you something.
I'm sure it does but for the life of me I can't figure out what it's trying to tells me.

I really enjoyed overwatch and played it relentlessly for about a year but I'm ready for something new. Hopefully Blizz are working on something kewl atm.

Stoked for the classic servers. Played on nostalrius for a bit, was pissed when they shut that server down.
<{jackyeah}>

When the time comes, we should dominate some fools. You were Horde, right?

<{jackyeah}>

When the time comes, we should dominate some fools. You were Horde, right?

Alliance back in vanilla and tbc, then horde in wotlk and cata. My account is still on horde but I haven’t played in years now, it’s a completely different game these days.

lol it's a 7 year old game that was dead 5 years ago.

it had a brief revival but yeah it's an old ass game that should get a new version...

disappointing us Diablo fans yet again Blizzard...

it had a brief revival but yeah it's an old ass game that should get a new version...

disappointing us Diablo fans yet again Blizzard...

D3 has fans?

Grinding_Gear_Games_logo_2012.png

D3 has fans?

Grinding_Gear_Games_logo_2012.png

I enjoyed it for a minute. I never got in D2 so I don't understand what makes D3 so bad comparatively. All I know is I had a great time with it when I was into it.

SC2 is doing fine. They sold a lot of skins this last year which bumped up the tournament prizepools, and made themselves money, going f2p means more skins and voice pack sales.

WoW: Uninspired expansion announced. Focused on Horde vs Alliance this time. After Legion where Alliance and Horde joining together to defeat Legion they suddenly turning against each other...ok sounds about rite.

Vanilla server announced. It's good to get into I guess if you never experienced WoW in it's prime. If it's free I would recommend, although I already seen it all. If Blizz decide to capitalize on Vanilla popularity and still charge people $13 for subscription despite lack of updates then it will be failed idea. Even if this will be a part of general subscription plan.

Used to be hardcore WoW player in the past. WoW is dead for me in the water since WoD.

Dear god, they really are showing the full extent of desperation here. I totally agree the new expansion looks terrible. I quit about 2 months back and won't be tempted to go back.

As for the Classic servers, isn't it funny that they've finally announced this after huge declines in subscriptions and people actually playing the game. Only the real hardcore old school fans are going to appreciate this and even then, most will be in their 30's by now with a life. Which means vanilla wow makes no sense. The odd hour or two may be enough time to blitz through current content and go up 100 ilvl but in vanilla you'd be lucky if that amount of time lets you finish quests such as "Consumed by Hatred" - Vanilla wow will be the official im getting divorced grip wow has on the desperate players that cannot break the addiction wow has on their life.

Back