Blast from the past: Max Payne

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Panmisiek, Jun 21, 2018.

1. ThulsaDooom

ThulsaDooom Brown Belt

Max Payne 3 is one of those sequels where people make shit up to criticize the game because waaah it's not the original studio, even though Rockstar and Take 2 had been involved with both previous MP games. No atmosphere or horror? Please. It's a fucking Rockstar game and they do atmosphere better than anyone else.

Pre-release was the worst because people wrongfully equate noir to black and disregard all the noir movies and tales that take place in sunny, bright locations.

2. method115

method115 Steel Belt

Only thing I didn't like was that we couldn't understand the brazilians talking during the shoot outs. Some of the best moments in payne were listening to them talk shit to you or on the other side of a door before you busted in.

3. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

After your first playthrough you can have subtitles on. I think you learn a lot more about the story if I remember correctly

4. method115

method115 Steel Belt

Oh wow I didn't know that. I'd rather have the audio but that's not bad either.

5. MCS

MCS Gold Belt

The best thing in MP 3 were the flashback Jersey chapters. Max in Brazil was a weak move, didn't suit the series.