Blagoi Ivanov offered contract by Ufc

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
No longer under Pfl/Wsof contract. He is recovering from a knee surgery and the Ufc does not sign injured fighters. Earliest he could sign is June.

This would be a big signing for the Ufc. I think he'd be a top 5 hw easily and he's got a great backstory

Guy has a crazy history.

To come back after that stabbing and get a UFC contract is amazing

I do not think Blagoi will win the heavyweight title if he were to sign

I'd love to see him in the UFC.

He's on a great run now, but I no longer have faith in heavyweights under 6 feet except for Cormier.

Dude was literally stabbed in the heart. And his only loss since is to Volkov. Amazing story.

Adds some depth to the HW Division but I don't see him being a threat for a title

Have him fight Brock Lesnar.

Heavyweight can always use more competent fighters. Good pick up.

I remember hearing about him so long ago. Even before the stabbing.

He has been a prospect for like 10 years. Weird to think he might finally come to the UFC after such a long time.

I'm always happy to see another HW tossed onto the dogpile.

He's e a joy to watch. Probably won't win the UFC title but he's top 15 for sure & could beat a cpl top 10 guys who are fading out.

He's e a joy to watch. Probably won't win the UFC title but he's top 15 for sure & could beat a cpl top 10 guys who are fading out.

Junior Albini is top 15 and the ghosts of Mark Hunt and Arlovski are top 10. He'd be in the 5 to 8 range imo

For sure. Super fun to watch and i think he could beat some top 10 also. Tybura, Black beast and Oleinik plus maybe Arlovski and Hunt

I'm always happy to see another HW tossed onto the dogpile.
for sure, may not fight for the belt but he'll be a mainstay in the division possibly 5-10 ranked

Guy has a crazy history.

To come back after that stabbing and get a UFC contract is amazing

Not to mention ending Fedor's 8 year undefeated streak in Sambo.

fedor-blagoi-fight.jpg

We need as many HWs as possible

He's a strong dude, but I don't see him beating the top guys.

He's short too... who knows.

The HW division needs all the help it can get so they should mos def sign him.

Plus he's 31.... that's 18 in HW age :D

We need as many HWs as possible

The UFC needs any HW in the top 25 who is under 35 years of age.

Ivanov is 31 with skill and some good wins on the resume. Not sure how the injuries have affected him, we'll see.

Back