Blade or electric? Which do you use and why?(Poll please)

I rock a beard trimmer and beard shaper, so I'm basically always using electric.

I have a perpetual 5 day shadow, aka permastubble, which requires roughly twice-weekly maintenance.

Walmart Equate Mach 3 compatible. Best I've ever used. I might buy another one to shave other places.

Blade. Electric never cuts close enough for me, although I suppose the newer fancy expensive electrics may be better. Was gifted an electric shaver around 17-18 and hated it. Used blades ever since.

I use a DE safety razor and any other way of shaving is not even an option to me.

I laugh at every on here that shaves every other day or every third day. I shave every damn day of the week. In an entire year, I'll maybe not shave about 10 to 15 times on the weekends. My beard grows way too fast.

I tried electric back in High School but it just wasn't as effective as a blade. Now I use a double edge razor and never plan to use anything else.
Get these and you won't be able to go back.

I generally agree... but get a Merkur razor, get Mike's Natural Shaving Soap or Razorock, and get a silver tipped badger brush. Step it up man. ;)

I use a DE safety razor and any other way of shaving is not even an option to me.

I laugh at every on here that shaves every other day or every third day. I shave every damn day of the week. In an entire year, I'll maybe not shave about 10 to 15 times on the weekends. My beard grows way too fast.
I get the worst of both worlds because mine grows very fast and is patchy. So I really look like shit when I don't shave so another every damn morning crew checking in. Alternate between straight razor and safety razor depending on how much time I have.

Used blade my entire life, but switched last year to an electric.

- Cleft chin (tired of nicking it)

I have a beard. So I use a combo of T-shaped blade and a trimmer.
9033001.jpg

babyliss-e847e.jpg

Electric. My dad never taught me how to use a blade, or tie a tie for that matter. Around the time he should have been doing that is when he and my mom were getting divorced and he was dating his new girlfriend. So he didn't have much time for me then.

Electric. My dad never taught me how to use a blade, or tie a tie for that matter. Around the time he should have been doing that is when he and my mom were getting divorced and he was dating his new girlfriend. So he didn't have much time for me then.

No one taught me either of those things either, but I can do them.

<mma1>

Beard trimmer 95% of the time. Blade very rarely. I don't like the clean shaven look on me tbh.

both.
use the electric to trim and keep shit looking neat, use the blade around once a month to take it all off either right after or right before i get my hair cut and to shave random out of place hairs.

How do electric even work? they look painful.

Both. I like the baby-ass smooth feeling after a blade shave but I always get ingrown hairs so it's annoying.

Electric is good for shaping up the beard though.

goodwinwtf_zps4jeksgih.png

Congrats?

Back