Blackzilians founder Glenn Robinson dead

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/?p=350973
glenn-robinson.jpg

Glenn Robinson, founder of the famed Blackzilians team, has died of a suspected heart attack.

Robinson’s death was confirmed by his former PR agent, Jen Wenk, who said Robinson passed away Wednesday. Former Blackzilians photographer Ryan Loco also confirmed the passing, which was first reported by MMA reporter Christopher James via
Facebook.

Last edited:
First thing that came to my mind was roids.
Tragical anyway. RIP

Why's everybody dying? Blackzilians were a great team for a little while. RIP.

Met this guy last year in Pittsburgh during Rockhold vs Branch.

He looked like he was in real bad shape.

RIP. Hespect.

A lot of shady stuff happening in MMA this year...

Shit. Only thing I really knew of him was watching that TUF season. It was evident very quickly that he was a businessman and the ATT guy was such a wankstain, constantly trying to goad him into a fight and embarrass him on screen coz he was furious at being out-smarted in a business sense by Robinson. It was kinda pathetic to watch, both looked pathetic for different reasons but I ended up rooting for Robinson coz he at least didn't seem to be an angry man. Just out of his depth in confrontation terms.

Shit. Only thing I really knew of him was watching that TUF season. It was evident very quickly that he was a businessman and the ATT guy was such a wankstain, constantly trying to goad him into a fight and embarrass him on screen coz he was furious at being out-smarted in a business sense by Robinson. It was kinda pathetic to watch, both looked pathetic for different reasons but I ended up rooting for Robinson coz he at least didn't seem to be an angry man. Just out of his depth in confrontation terms.

Me too.

I heard rumors Robinson scooped up alot of ATT fighters because he paid them to come to the Blackzilians.

Also rumors of money problems coming out of that gym, leading to Henri H's exit.

Again all rumors, cant confirm any of it so take it as you will.

RIP. Dude kinda fell on hard times it seems in his last few years. He was a legit millionaire who sank all his money into hanging with MMA fighters and starting that gym. Dude wanted to be apart of the fighting lifestyle so much he went bankrupt. Sad news. He didn't look that old and had a family.

RIP, I remember thinking blackzilians would take over when all these big names were going there early on.

Last edited:
He saw AJ’s recent gains and his heart couldn’t take it.

RIP? I remember thinking blackzilians would take over when all these big names were going there early on.

That’s a pretty bad joke and in poor taste. Have some proper respect my man.

RIP man. Whatever happened behind closed doors stays there. This man put up his money with the intention to help fighters have legit world class training. Respect.

I think he had great intentions,too bad he was too naive and didn't know how the MMA game worked. He poured all his own money into Brazilians,but it was too many personalities and egos to manage. He was way over his head.

@BC

source.gif

Back