Black Sails (Starz)

Anyone watch this? I just watched the first episode and wasn't exactly blown away. Should I stick with it? I dont have a lot of time to watch tv so that's why I'm asking if it's worth my time. I like the concept.
Stick with it.
It's not a life chaingnig show, but it's definitely a good one

Ya need to watch into 2nd series. It takes its time setting shit up. Good show, the Madame that people are hot over is no e looking but the way she has that chr speaking is fucking infuriating. The reveal about captain flints motivation is great.

Black Sails is an amazing show that should be talked about more.

At any rate, that chick is legit stunning.

It’s a good show too. Not GoT level but certainly premium quality.

GoT is better, but not by much.

Couldn’t make it through the first season.

Don’t remember when I stopped watching.. it was slow to the point I lost interest.

Acting, props, costumes are top notch. But some episodes drag on. Plus they did not end it right.

They bring in Blackbeard only to kill him off too easily. And then they quickly wrapped everything up.

I think they wanted at least two more season, but something happened, and they had to cut it short.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acting, props, costumes are top notch. But some episodes drag on. Plus they did not end it right.

They bring in Blackbeard only to kill him off too easily. And then they quickly wrapped everything up.

I think they wanted at least two more season, but something happened, and they had to cut it short.
Cat hasn't even watched it yet. Mind what arcs you give up, please. I spoilered as much in your original.

Watched all seasons and enjoyed it. I liked it better than Vikings and Last Kingdom, for comparison.

I liked how the show explored the different aspects of being a leader.

I loved this show, and couldn't understand why people weren't into it.

The story, acting and production values were off the charts.
I agree. And I thought it definitely got better as it went on. People who bailed after one episode missed out.

Couldn’t make it through the first season.

Don’t remember when I stopped watching.. it was slow to the point I lost interest.
Yes I stopped a couple times trying to make it through the first season, but it gets so much better.

It's definitely worth powering through.

Didn't the set burn down and they had to end it prematurely? lol what a fuck up somebody got their ass fired.

Last edited:
Not as good as Game of Thrones, better than Spartacus. Very watchable.

To me, when someone says smokeshow, I think like the makeup is a smokeshow hiding her ugliness. Or those fitted yoga pants are a smokeshow for cottage cheese. Ya dig? I'm thinking.smokeshow means smokescreen unless those 2 words aren't synonymous and im the actual idiot here lol.

Smokeshow as in she's so hot you can see the smoke

Never got around to the last season.

Not as good as Game of Thrones, better than Spartacus. Very watchable.
I might say season 1 of Spartacus is better. Prequel season was about on par IMO and then the later seasons were of course unwatchable.

I thought the show was dope.
dont think i finished the final season, i should do that.

and yes the lead actress is fucking gorgeous. So many babies would be made... so many

black-sails-4256x2832-jessica-parker-kennedy-max-season-4-4k-6980.jpg

I bailed halfway through season 1. I really wanted to like it, but it drags on too much.

Back