Black powder pistols and revolvers?

Big Nasty Edison

Excellence of execution belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know its not uncommon for people to hunt with black powder rifles and such but do any of you guys enjoy shooting black powder pistols and revolvers? I've been looking at them and they seem like a lot of fun, if not a lot of work. I'm a huge history buff and shooting these seems like it'd be a fun way to get some appreciation for early American culture and hardship. Plus who doesn't love a loud bang, big flash and a lot of smoke? lol

I've shot a couple here and there over the years and it's fun... but the other guys at the range given what direction the wind is going will think it's fun too at first until their lane keeps getting innundated with the smoke just as an FYI.

Also be very careful on what kind of powder you buy for them.

I like using a muzzle loader for late season elk, in fact the biggest elk and best hunts I've ever done for elk were late muzzle loader hunts in New Mexico.

I've only shot a revolver one time, my dad has a pretty nice one that's been passed down and maintained well over the years but we havnt shot it in decades.

You might look into a conversion model, it will look like the real thing, same size/weight but probably fire 38spcl rounds. I think cimarron makes them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back