Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this movie is gonna be great. Boseman killed it in Civil War. But I just can't stand Michael B. Jordan. I haven't seen Creed yet, but everything else I've seen of him I've hated. Not the movies, just his performances.

Would much rather see:

4178044347_3267f5e376_z.jpg
Creed was good time in theaters

not sure about this one. don't know anything about the character.
He's a great character, but probably can't carry a franchise (2 movies tops) because he didn't have any really good enemies.

He is the Prince of Wakanda, a highly advanced and secretive nation in Africa, as well as their champion (like Captain America).

In the comics he's one of the best hand to hand fighters (on par with Cap), highly intelligent (top 5-15 smartest), integrated advances technology into his suit (similar to, but much not nearly as robust as an Iron Man suit), and even has a mystical component to his mantle and skill set.

He's best in limited series' or as part of a team.

Don't know how much of a threat Klaw could be to Black Panther, no special powers or abilities. We'll see how powerful his claw is. Michael B. Jordan's character might be the one who is the real threat. The body guard to the Black Panther, those black women that confronted Black Widow in Civil War, I want to see them throw down.

Klaw is pretty powerful. He has super human strength, is virtually immortal, and can do a lot of stuff with his sound powers.

He's a great character, but probably can't carry a franchise (2 movies tops) because he didn't have any really good enemies.

He is the Prince of Wakanda, a highly advanced and secretive nation in Africa, as well as their champion (like Captain America).

In the comics he's one of the best hand to hand fighters (on par with Cap), highly intelligent (top 5-15 smartest), integrated advances technology into his suit (similar to, but much not nearly as robust as an Iron Man suit), and even has a mystical component to his mantle and skill set.

so worth a watch then.

After seeing him in Civil War, I can't wait for this to happen.

This should have Bucky and Cap in it. I can understand not revealing them, though. Don't want to overshadow the cast.

My first introduction to BP was in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I liked the role he played there as a mysterious loner, Batman-type figure.

Not sure they'll be able to keep the mystique if he's always front and center, but we'll see...

Bucky absolutely should be in this.

I'll even write the scene...

BP, after a big fight, is losing steam and starting to get his tail kicked. He fights his way back to the cryochamber and unleashes Bucky who fights back with one arm. Eventually making his way to an updated arm complete with vibranium

Man I can't see Michael B. Jordan as a villain. I'm not a huge fan of his but I've watched most of his movies including Fruitvale Station and F4nt4stic 4. There's no doubt I'm gonna watch it. I just have a hard time picturing it.

Unfortunately I could see them just leaving Bucky in the cryochamber until the next Avengers movie though.

But I will say.
The least they can do is give Bucky a scene towards the end of BP where a new vibranium arm is being installed.

Klaw is pretty powerful. He has super human strength, is virtually immortal, and can do a lot of stuff with his sound powers.
Yes in the comic books and cartoons. This is the MCU I was talking about. Claw is just a normal man. Unless he gets some secret root from Wakanda , I don't see Claw being a factor. Maybe explosives and sniper rifles as a factor

Update: July 25, 2016

First Story Details for Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Revealed

Michael B. Jordan was revealed to be one of these foes playing Erik Killmonger. Might the other one by Ulysses Klaw? We already saw Andy Serkis bring this vibranium-hunting comic villain to life in Avengers: Age of Ultron, and he walked away with at least one of his arms in tact. Given the character’s ties to Black Panther, the film seems like a logical place for him to appear next, if at all.

I sure hope so. After nazis, south african capitalists make the best movie villains.

Yes in the comic books and cartoons. This is the MCU I was talking about. Claw is just a normal man. Unless he gets some secret root from Wakanda , I don't see Claw being a factor. Maybe explosives and sniper rifles as a factor
Klaw started out as a mercenary in the comics, too. He'll change.

Man! This is great news! I hope they have Ta-Nesi Coates in on the script. The latest Black Panther comic is hot-fire!

BP, after a big fight, is losing steam and starting to get his tail kicked. He fights his way back to the cryochamber and unleashes Bucky who fights back with one arm. Eventually making his way to an updated arm complete with vibranium
I have a feeling one-armed Bucky would be less useful than Hawkeye, especially since the arm he has left is a normal arm.

I have a feeling one-armed Bucky would be less useful than Hawkeye, especially since the arm he has left is a normal arm.
Bucky is an enhanced human with great martial skills. Yes, one armed Bucky is less dangerous, but in the right context it would be an awesome scene

I feel like they should already have Buckys arm fixed and ready. Other than that I agree perfect scene.

I feel like they should already have Buckys arm fixed and ready. Other than that I agree perfect scene.

I mean the arm would be ready and he would be mowin through fools to get to it. He was frozen not because of the lack of arm, but because his mind was still prone to being taken over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back