Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to it. I like the character in Civil War so I'm hoping this turns out good. Unfortunately I'm already a bit worried by the RT score. The last movie to score that high that I saw was Last Jedi, and good lord did that suck donkey dick.

A 2nd negative review

http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/view.asp?a=22139&s=Reviews

"Dialogue heavy with a confused sense of place, this mega-budget Marvel marvel might be a misfire for anyone beyond the fan-base,"

The review mentions that it's being championed as the first black super hero movie? Is that true? Did everyone forget about the Blade movies? Blade 1 and 2 are still awesome BTW

Zero desire to see this one. I may watch it months down the line when hd copies hit the web only so that I don't miss out on story pieces going into the next avengers movie.

It looks like a good movie, I'll wait until Netflix only because I am over superhero movies. It was funny to see it make the cover of Time and read an article filled with hyperbole.

The review mentions that it's being championed as the first black super hero movie? Is that true? Did everyone forget about the Blade movies? Blade 1 and 2 are still awesome BTW

1. People probably do not remember Blade. It came out in 1998.

2. People who do remember the film probably incorrectly classify it as a vampire movie instead of a superhero movie.

3. Promoters gonna promote. People are on full hyperbole mode across the board. Which makes you say some stupid shit.

Has there ever been a Disney Marvel film that didn't recieve 'overwhelmingly positive' reactions from critics-only viewings just days before a world-wide release?

Can't recall a single one that all critics said 'this movie is complete shit, don't waste your time and money, don't fall for the tens-of-millions marketing budget trying to trick you into see it.'

Yeah, not happening. Not one of those critics wants to say no to the galas, dinners and gift bags.

1. People probably do not remember Blade. It came out in 1998.

2. People who do remember the film probably incorrectly classify it as a vampire movie instead of a superhero movie.

3. Promoters gonna promote. People are on full hyperbole mode across the board. Which makes you say some stupid shit.

1. And being as the Blade is the one movie that saved us from the genre going extinct (along with Batman 1989 before him and Iron Man after him), people should probably remember it.

2. Well, Blade is a superhero who's theme is vampires. Not saying they're right, just sayin'.

3. Agreed.

Last edited:
Yeah, not happening. Not one of those critics wants to say no to the galas, dinners and gift bags.

Obviously not happening, especially if they wish to be granted early screenings for future Disney/Marvel/StarWars/Fox films - which is becoming a larger and larger portion of the yearly blockbusters.

Which begs the question if ANY of the said critics have mentioned anything negative in a damaging way to any of Disney's recent films, like Star Wars Ep8.

I doubt it.

And let's not forget the 'Overwhelmingly Positive' Twitter critics reviews for Star Wars Episode 7, Rogue One, and Episode 8.

Any one taking bets the same critics are going to praise 'Solo' as well?

What a bunch of cunts.

Obviously not happening, especially if they wish to be granted early screenings for future Disney/Marvel/StarWars/Fox films - which is becoming a larger and larger portion of the yearly blockbusters.

Which begs the question if ANY of the said critics have mentioned anything negative in a damaging way to any of Disney's recent films, like Star Wars Ep8.

I doubt it.

And let's not forget the 'Overwhelmingly Positive' Twitter critics reviews for Star Wars Episode 7, Rogue One, and Episode 8.

What a bunch of cunts.

Movie reviews need their version of gamergate to much corruption and people claiming to be journalist when they are just pr for studios

I doubt it.

What a bunch of cunts.

Meh, even if they keep some level of professional criticism, they'll conceal it with a carefully constructed sentence. Something to the extent of "Not my cup of tea, but i do applaud them for the brave/honest approach and an interesting premise/take/whatever." That way, they can always refer to that and say they didn't like it. Which is a cop out, IMO.

Just once, i'd like to know the intricate details of social media marketing that is done for any given movie. E.g. the level of grandour that is taken when organizing those screenings for critics. Or the fact that I find it hard to believe that Cinemasins, How it should have ended and ScreenJunkies (some of the channels i follow) all have issued their take on the Blade runner original the month/week the sequel is coming. Or how is the amount of money to be given to select twitter/instagram/facebook celebs determined? Or how much money @Dragonlordxxxxx gets for these threads? Things like that...

I doubt it.

What a bunch of cunts.

Sounds like Disney is ready for Solo to flop. Therefore, I doubt there will be any pressure put on reviewers.

Solo won't get glowing remarks, but you will read stuff like "popcorn movie", "Light hearted romp compared to...", and "Disney will learn from this to prepare for the next origin story for Boba Fett."

Sounds like Disney is ready for Solo to flop. Therefore, I doubt there will be any pressure put on reviewers.

Solo won't get glowing remarks, but you will read stuff like "popcorn movie", "Light hearted romp compared to...", and "Disney will learn from this to prepare for the next origin story for Boba Fett."

Oh they'll try to wash, dry, and put a nice wax job on that explosive diarrhea on a screen Disney will call a movie.

Watch them.

I'm looking forward to it. I like the character in Civil War so I'm hoping this turns out good. Unfortunately I'm already a bit worried by the RT score. The last movie to score that high that I saw was Last Jedi, and good lord did that suck donkey dick.

Blade didn't really lean on its character being black. He just happened to be black. BP heavily relies on his identity being African, so people tend to ignore the past with Blade and Spawn. Both vastly superior characters imo.

Ill see this though. I like the actors, and they made BP pretty badass in the fight scenes of previous Marvel flicks. The music throughout is annoying though. From what ive heard in trailers and such.

DU6OcTDU0AAXkPX.jpg:large

DU6OcTEVQAAPLwX.jpg:large

This is pathetic as fuck

I doubt it.

What a bunch of cunts.

This is the huge problem with the virtual monopoly disney now has on the market in terms of big-budget superhero movies, i.e. marvel, star wars, etc.
With less competition in those spheres, the critics are forced to play ball.

This is the huge problem with the virtual monopoly disney now has on the market in terms of big-budget superhero movies, i.e. marvel, star wars, etc.
With less competition in those spheres, the critics are forced to play ball.

Don't forget all of Fox's properties.

Whenever their streaming service gets going, and offers more than what Netflix could ever hope to compete against, after another few years Disney may buyout Netflix.

Wouldn't be surprised is DC Comics would be next on Disney's hitlist.

Blade didn't really lean on its character being black. He just happened to be black. BP heavily relies on his identity being African, so people tend to ignore the past with Blade and Spawn. Both vastly superior characters imo.

Ill see this though. I like the actors, and they made BP pretty badass in the fight scenes of previous Marvel flicks. The music throughout is annoying though. From what ive heard in trailers and such.
The previous Marvel flick; he's only been in one so far.

I want a Namor/BP feud in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back