Locked - BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews) | Page 47

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

heavyarms21
    Is it good ? I have High Hopes because of Boseman working with Jordan, Serkis and being directed by Coogler.

2. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

heavyarms21
    Didn't realize Coogler was a pretty good Comic Book fan , wanted initially to somehow fit Kraven the Hunter in , but Kraven is still a Sony Property and in the final writing for this film he wouldn't have fit anyways

Fluffernutter likes this.
  3. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt

Substance Abuse
    Have you read every review?

4. Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

Aegon Spengler
    More like Spielbergo

The non union Mexican Spielberg

HomerThompson and Kirin like this.
  5. Big Brown Clown Purple Belt

Big Brown Clown
  6. SoberAwakening Black Belt

SoberAwakening
    I thought it was great. A Marvel film has certain checkboxes it has to fill, but the leadership also allows their directors to have a creative flow that often time works. All the reasons you stated is why this is a really good film. Serkis, Jordan, Boseman and a slew of other characters just nailed it in this film. And Coogler...that's 3 for 3 in my humble opinion. Dude has this indie filmmaking vibe, and he's not afraid to direct like that in some moments. I thought this project was going to be too big for him, but it wasn't.

7. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

heavyarms21
    Coogler handled Creed like champ Not surprised that he seems to have done a good Job Can't wait.

8. Tiny Blue Belt

Tiny
    Lol

9. PRIDEWASBETTER United We Stand

PRIDEWASBETTER
    Got my tickets for Thursday night. I'm not as pumped for this as I am Infinity War, but I'm still excited as hell.

10. Kirin Death Operator

Kirin
    Probably around the same amount of backlash that positive reviews are getting from the right-wing snowflakes: "they're only saying good things about the movie to be pc; cucks...sjw's...libtards...etc."

Bingo.
    Same whining, same sensitivity, same sense of entitlement/belief that they're being persecuted.

11. liljoe Brown Belt

liljoe
    My body is ready.
    808bab09855d9b4e0443d0960b7d3b8e.jpg

12. KnightTemplar Infinity Belt

KnightTemplar
    Reported for Cultural Appropriation. You are literally Hitler.

13. TheSlothMan Orange Belt

TheSlothMan
    I'm looking forward to it. I like the character in Civil War so I'm hoping this turns out good. Unfortunately I'm already a bit worried by the RT score. The last movie to score that high that I saw was Last Jedi, and good lord did that suck donkey dick.

The review mentions that it's being championed as the first black super hero movie? Is that true? Did everyone forget about the Blade movies? Blade 1 and 2 are still awesome BTW

14. NickNick Black Belt

NickNick
    Zero desire to see this one. I may watch it months down the line when hd copies hit the web only so that I don't miss out on story pieces going into the next avengers movie.

D3THRONED likes this.
  15. Nameless Ghoul Brown Belt

Nameless Ghoul
    It looks like a good movie, I'll wait until Netflix only because I am over superhero movies. It was funny to see it make the cover of Time and read an article filled with hyperbole.

16. Ikuza Purple Belt

Ikuza
    1. People probably do not remember Blade. It came out in 1998.

2. People who do remember the film probably incorrectly classify it as a vampire movie instead of a superhero movie.

3. Promoters gonna promote. People are on full hyperbole mode across the board. Which makes you say some stupid shit.

17. taurus Tiger knee belt

taurus
    Yeah, not happening. Not one of those critics wants to say no to the galas, dinners and gift bags.

1. And being as the Blade is the one movie that saved us from the genre going extinct (along with Batman 1989 before him and Iron Man after him), people should probably remember it.

2. Well, Blade is a superhero who's theme is vampires. Not saying they're right, just sayin'.

3. Agreed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  18. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom.

GearSolidMetal
    Obviously not happening, especially if they wish to be granted early screenings for future Disney/Marvel/StarWars/Fox films - which is becoming a larger and larger portion of the yearly blockbusters.

Which begs the question if ANY of the said critics have mentioned anything negative in a damaging way to any of Disney's recent films, like Star Wars Ep8.

I doubt it.

And let's not forget the 'Overwhelmingly Positive' Twitter critics reviews for Star Wars Episode 7, Rogue One, and Episode 8.

Any one taking bets the same critics are going to praise 'Solo' as well?

What a bunch of cunts.

19. Hogey Black Belt

Hogey
    Movie reviews need their version of gamergate to much corruption and people claiming to be journalist when they are just pr for studios

20. taurus Tiger knee belt

taurus
    Meh, even if they keep some level of professional criticism, they'll conceal it with a carefully constructed sentence. Something to the extent of "Not my cup of tea, but i do applaud them for the brave/honest approach and an interesting premise/take/whatever." That way, they can always refer to that and say they didn't like it. Which is a cop out, IMO.

Just once, i'd like to know the intricate details of social media marketing that is done for any given movie. E.g. the level of grandour that is taken when organizing those screenings for critics. Or the fact that I find it hard to believe that Cinemasins, How it should have ended and ScreenJunkies (some of the channels i follow) all have issued their take on the Blade runner original the month/week the sequel is coming. Or how is the amount of money to be given to select twitter/instagram/facebook celebs determined? Or how much money @Dragonlordxxxxx gets for these threads? Things like that...

Dragonlordxxxxx and Hogey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.