Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^actually is my perception of the above true? Has there been any/many actors (leads) who have traversed both MCU and DC movies back and forth or do they tend to be 'with' the MCU or DC unless they change teams?
Your observation is true. Most of the actors with active recurring roles in either the MCU or DCEU tend to stick to that side of their corner. If their character dies or that particular movie franchise is dead, there are a few actors that have gone to the other side.

In the case of Morgan Freeman, he is not attached to a DCEU movie. Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is done and not part of the current DCEU. However, I think Morgan is a Warner Bros. actor and is loyal to the studio. So I don't expect to see him in an MCU movie anytime soon.

Update: January 26, 2017

BLACK PANTHER Begins Production; First Synopsis Revealed; Andy Serkis Confirmed

Andy-Serkis-Black-Panther-012617-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Marvel Studios announced today that production has begun on Black Panther, starring Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira (The Walking Dead), Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, with Academy Award nominee Angela Bassett with Academy Award winner Forest Whitaker, and Andy Serkis (Avengers: Age of Ultron).

Additional cast members include Letitia Wright (Urban Hymn), Winston Duke (Person of Interest,), Florence Kasumba (Emerald City), Sterling K. Brown (The People v. O.J. Simpson) and John Kani (Captain America: Civil War).

Ryan Coogler (Creed, Fruitvale Station) directs Marvel Studios’ Black Panther from a screenplay he co-wrote with Joe Robert Cole (The People v. O.J. Simpson). The film, which opens in U.S. theaters on February 16, 2018, will be shot in Atlanta and South Korea.

Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the events of “Captain America: Civil War,” returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk.

Based on the Marvel comic character that first appeared in “Fantastic Four Vol. 1” Issue 52, published in 1966, Black Panther joins Marvel Studios’ slate of releases in its Phase 3 commitment to introduce film audiences to new heroes and continue the adventures of fan favorites over the course of four years and nine films.

https://news.marvel.com/movies/58647/marvel-studios-begins-production-black-panther-2/

Nice... I liked him in the avengerz movie... (captain america actually... but may as well of been avengerz... lol)

Would be looking forward to some Avengerz cameoz.

I am quite looking forward to this. Not in an Infinity war kind of way, but still.

Update: February 1, 2017

Marvel's BLACK PANTHER to Shoot Huge Chase Scene in Korea

Busan-Black-Panther-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel’s Black Panther will use South Korea’s port city, Busan as the backdrop for a huge chase scene. The city, known for hosting Asia’s biggest film festival, will see its landmarks including the Gwangalli beach, Gwangan Bridge, and the Jagalchi fish market near Nampodong, used in the movie.

“The shoot, which will involve some 150 cars and more than 700 people, is a car chase scene with the protagonist and the villain,” said local production service company Mr. Romance Film. “It will also involve helicopter(s) and guns (firing blanks) and may cause noise as well as traffic restrictions.”

“Last November, the city invited Darrin Prescott, the film’s second unit director, to pitch Busan as the film’s potential shooting location,” said the Busan Film Commission in a statement.

Directed by Ryan Coogler, Black Panther features a king who takes over the African nation of Wakanda after the murder of his father. The film is using the working title “Motherland” for its Korean shoot, and is set for worldwide release from February next year.

One local resident posted local notices on his Facebook account on Tuesday, which the Busan city also shared on its official page. The city deleted the post a few hours later, saying that the information had been unintentionally disclosed before the studio and the city had finalized their deal.

Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ to Shoot Huge Chase Scene in Korea

Maybe the hot Korean doctor will be in it.

I like how they felt compelled to point out they wouldn't be shooting live rounds:D

I like how they felt compelled to point out they wouldn't be shooting live rounds:D
With black people you never can tell, I guess. :rolleyes:

Interesting to see what twist of the story takes a Wakandan king to SK... though I guess the hot Korean doctor may factor in, as mentioned.

Update: February 8, 2017

Andy Serkis' Ulysses Klaue Up to No Good on the Set of BLACK PANTHER

C4Lk65XWMAEahhs.jpg:orig

C4Gvo37XAAAl8fM.jpg:orig

This looks amazing. Really crazy how good Marvel is at starting these characters movies off.

Beautiful architecture. Will be nice to see them re-create that in the movie.

Concept art looks dope

I like the art, let's hope they stick close to this in the movie and make it look excellent.

Man this little nation has like super duper technology.

Update: March 21, 2017

New BLACK PANTHER Set Videos of Car Chase Scene in South Korea

17333514_643748252493430_6449673322350247936_n.jpg

17437525_724770674357666_3255245628778741760_n.jpg

17333492_174161296433302_4500714079362482176_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back