"Black Mirror" sucks

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Black Mirror sucks. I saw endless praise of it but I noticed some mixed reviews as well. Some people in interviews were citing it and also coming off very pretentious while doing so, so it turned me off of checking it out. However, I did check it out in the last few days.

One episode in the first season was good. I'm almost to season 3 and actually had to skip a lot of the rest out of boredom. Also, the fan base reminds me of the RIck and Morty fan base in that "my IQ must not be high enough to understand the deep social commentary and creative originality of it"

It's shallow, makes the same point over and over again, is extremely incoherent, has no memorable characters (so far from what I've seen), and is just bleak pretentious garbage that takes itself way to seriously.

Rick and Morty is pretty good though.
Wabalabadubdub bitches

EDIT:

Here I'll do you all a favor. This meme sums up the show perfectly.

the-don-jackedyotweets-black-mirror-2017-4-51-pm-03-jan-30540831.png

Now you don't have to waste your time watching it.

Last edited:
I'm watching it now, actually.

Excellent show, IMO

tenor.gif

I agree TS, terrible show. Corny, some of the plots make no sense, trying too hard to be edgy. It's a total chick show

Season 1 is good

Season 2 is less good

Season 3 is not watchable

That's the vibe I'm getting. Season 1 wasn't terrible. I like the second episode.
But relative to how people are praising it like it's the best show ever, it sucks.

That's the vibe I'm getting. Season 1 wasn't terrible. I like the second episode.
But relative to how people are praising it like it's the best show ever, it sucks.

I think it sucks in the same way Stranger Things sucks

None of it is fresh or original. Its all cliches

What do you like about it? I liked the second episode of the first season. So far that is it.

I'm a huge Twilight Zone, Tales From the Darkside fan.

Love those types of shows.

Black Mirror is similar, but with that technology twist.

If you're just on season one, check out the third episode-The Entire History of you.

It's One of the best episodes overall, IMO

black_mirror_the_entire_history_of_you_tv_969163933_large.jpg

I think it sucks in the same way Stranger Things sucks

None of it is fresh or original. Its all cliches

Stranger Things first season was fun. Not great but not terrible either. The second season was very cringey at times (cough... Episode 7 cough...).
I do like ST better than this crap though. Black Mirror has no humor, no lasting power to it's social commentary, no characters worth remembering. It's just nothing really.

If you all want some good social commentary, read 1984... (do people even read anymore though?)

I'm a huge Twilight Zone, Tales From the Darkside fan.

Love those types of shows.

Black Mirror is similar, but with that technology twist.

If you're just on season one, check out the third episode-The Entire History of you.

It's One of the best episodes overall, IMO

black_mirror_the_entire_history_of_you_tv_969163933_large.jpg

I hated that episode TBH. A cool premise that turned into a break up story over a cheating, lying wife. Was so fucking boring.
And do you remember either the husband or wife's names? Don't google it, Jesus will see and know you lied to me.

You guys are mad tonight.
Everyone hates everything.

Someone even said they hated Jewish people... wtf is going on?

I hated that episode TBH. A cool premise that turned into a break up story over a cheating, lying wife. Was so fucking boring.
And do you remember either the husband or wife's names? Don't google it, Jesus will see and know you lied to me.

Of course I remember them.

Seen the episode tons of times.

"I'm fucking joking again, Jonas!"

Back