Black kid wrote a poem about death by cops

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Antwon Rose, an honor student wrote this poem in class 2 years before becoming another statistic
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b2d0987e4b0040e274265c7

“I see mothers bury their sons / I want my mother to never feel that pain,”

I understand people believe I’m just a statistic / I say to them I’m different / I dream of life getting easier,

Life did get easier for him alright but not for his loved ones. Looks like we have another martyred poet a la Tupac in the making

Thats the problem with the black community: too much poetry, not enough common sense: don’t run from the police and no one will have to bury you.

Classic Sherfront thread

5b2d0d9d2200006a03eec478.jpeg

you're a cunt TS

RIP Antwon

This should be in the running for the dumbest thread we've ever had.

Not counting the ufc forum of course.

Classic Sherfront thread
Just being practical. Have you seen women who specialize in getting into abusive relationship with jerks and living that heroic, dramatic long suffering life to finally triumph by getting out just to do it over again?

It gives their lives meaning. It’s the only way they know know to feel a sense of purpose and fulfillment. That’s the black community. They can’t get out of this hole that’s theyre very good at getting themselves in. It’s not like they don’t know know. The kids poem showed he was no dummy.

Just being practical. Have you seen women who specialize in getting into abusive relationship with jerks and living that heroic, dramatic long suffering life to finally triumph by getting out just to do it over again?

It gives their lives meaning. It’s the only way they know know to feel a sense of purpose and fulfillment. That’s the black community. They can’t get out of this hole that’s theyre very good at getting themselves in. It’s not like they don’t know know. The kids poem showed he was no dummy.
What?

<Dylan>

The punishment for running from the cops should not be a death sentence. Perhaps the details of this case are nuanced, but as a stand alone comment, I stand by this.

It’s life lesson for the uninitiated. Learn this and you’ll learn life.
So who is the abuser in the relationship that the black community is involved with? The white community?

{<huh}

This act-stupid-then-protest has become an African American tradition. It’s time to change paradigm.

So who is the abuser in the relationship that the black community is involved with? The white community?

{<huh}

Life is the abuser. You just have to not get into life stupid situations. Don’t jump infron of a car and you won’t get run over

The punishment for running from the cops should not be a death sentence. Perhaps the details of this case are nuanced, but as a stand alone comment, I stand by this.

In most cases I agree. If the cops are on you because a stolen car or drug activity and you run they should not open fire on you

But I think if the reason the cops are on you has to do with a shooting or a murder than you need to stop or else whatever happens is going to be justified.

its not a black and white thing and should involve some threat assessment

If you have a gun or knife and you aggressively attack the police I can understand them shooting you. I cant understand anyone being killed for running away from the police. That action doesnt warrant a death penalty.

I'm with you, but in terms of decision-making and becoming a statistic it's hard to sympathize with someone who just pulled a drive-by. Unless that's a rite of passage in the black community, it wasn't society that did him in. It was his own violent, criminal behavior.

I'm with you, but in terms of decision-making and becoming a statistic it's hard to sympathize with someone who just pulled a drive-by. Unless that's a rite of passage in the black community, it wasn't society that did him in. It was his own violent, criminal behavior.

I agree that a drive-by changes things dramatically, but let me hit you with this:

Police stated that witnesses described a car similar to the silver Chevrolet Cruze that Rose and two others were driving nearby.[4] Police stopped the car at 8:40 p.m., and a cellphone video recording of the event posted by a bystander on social media shows that police ordered the driver from the car.[8] While the driver was being handcuffed, Rose and the other occupant of the car fled from the police.

Is it possible that the "similar car" was only just that? What if it was just some scared kid who had a joint on him? The cop didn't know anything at the time he shot him other than the dude was fleeing and that he's possibly involved in a drive-by.

Is this the same kid who was killed running from the cops in Pittsburgh after a drive by? I think it is. I wonder what poem the black kid they shot wrote? They didn't care about making him into a statistic at all.

Protesting that the police shot a person likely involved in a murder is foolish.

Is this the same kid who was killed running from the cops in Pittsburgh after a drive by? I think it is. I wonder what poem the black kid they shot wrote?

I know, I know, I picked the worst possible time to take a stand against shooting runners. In my defense, TS linked a Huff-Po article, which I was not about to click.

I know, I know, I picked the worst possible time to take a stand against shooting runners. In my defense, TS linked a Huff-Po article, which I was not about to click.

I agree in principal that police should not shoot kids in the back, bu tin this specific case, the details seem to justify the shooting. I think the wrong shooting is being protested here. It's the other kid who needs his poems read and candlelight vigils and all that.

Back