Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2017 Official Thread

The sports games for 28 bucks like I always do each year

My Madden day is Black Friday sale day lol

Thinking of finally making the jump to PC gaming, so I'm keeping an eye out for a good price on a 1080 card and 240hz monitor.

Just bought from the Xbox store

FFXV
Ori And The Blind Forest
Little Nightmares

Also got Titanfall 2 and Watchdogs 2 from the ps store a few days ago. Basically a winter stockpile.

Just bought from the Xbox store

FFXV
Ori And The Blind Forest
Little Nightmares

Also got Titanfall 2 and Watchdogs 2 from the ps store a few days ago. Basically a winter stockpile.

I plan on picking up Little Nightmares as well and also Furi and Sexy Brutale.

Ori and FFXV are excellent. Good pick ups.

I plan on picking up Little Nightmares as well and also Furi and Sexy Brutale.

Ori and FFXV are excellent. Good pick ups.

I've been looking forward to playing to playing all these games for a while. I bought the deluxe version of FFXV is the dlc any good? I read it has episodes for each party member.

On another note, i can't believe how good Titanfall 2 is, the campaign and multiplayer are both excellent, it's a shame the player count is so low now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Microsoft unveils big Xbox One game discounts for Black Friday
The Verge said:
Microsoft is unveiling its Black Friday discounts today, and there’s a number of deals if you’re interested in an Xbox, Windows laptop, or a Windows Mixed Reality headset. Microsoft is discounting the Xbox One S 500GB model down to just $189 with a free game. That’s $10 cheaper than Sony’s 1TB PS4 Slim deal (without a game), which isn’t a big gap but Microsoft’s console does include a 4K Blu-ray player if you’re interested in watching movies. Other deals include $50 off 1TB and 500GB Xbox One S bundles, and discounts on some Xbox games, accessories, and Xbox Live subscriptions.

The new Surface Pro is also receiving some discounts for Black Friday. Microsoft is offering $329 off the Surface Pro i5 256GB and $229 off the Surface Pro i5 128GB, and both are bundled with a black Type Cover keyboard. If you purchase a Surface Laptop (either i5 256GB or i7) then Microsoft is bundling the Harman Kardon Invoke Cortana speaker free of charge. Invoke will also be available at a discounted price of $99 between November 23rd and 27th, a great deal for those looking to get Microsoft’s Cortana speaker.
The Verge said:
Microsoft revealed earlier this week that it’s cutting the Xbox One S price to its lowest point of $189 for Black Friday, and now it’s discounting games to match. Xbox Live Gold members can get early access to the deals, with a range of games seeing discounts up to 65 percent.

New games like Call of Duty: WW2, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus are all on offer, alongside recent titles like Destiny 2 and Fifa 18. The discounts are ideal if you’ve just purchased a new Xbox One X, or if you’re planning to gift games to friends over the holidays. You can find the full list of deals over at Major Nelson’s site.

10 Best Xbox One Video Game Deals
Fortune said:
Microsoft is offering discounts on a slew of titles. And if you want to see them all, click here. But if you want a handy list of great deals on outstanding games, here’s your best bet:

1. Assassin’s Creed Origins is getting a 20% discount on Black Friday. But if you’re an Xbox Live Gold member who buys the game digitally, you’ll get a 30% discount.
  2. Call of Duty: WWII will be available at a 5% discount, though Xbox Live Gold users will get a 10% discount.
  3. The hit Destiny 2 will benefit from a 17% discount on Black Friday, or a 25% price drop for Xbox Live Gold users.
  4. Sport lover? Microsoft is offering the EA Sports FIFA 18 & NHL 18 bundle for 40% off for Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Other Xbox owners can get it at a 30% discount.
  5. Final Fantasy XV will be offered at up to a 60% discount on Black Friday.
  6. Halo 5: Guardians is getting the Black Friday treatment with up to a 50% discount on the big holiday shopping day.
  7. Want to play Madden NFL 18? Get on Black Friday for up to 50% off.
  8. Basketball fans will be able to get NBA 2K18 for up to 30% off.
  9. Quantum Break will get a steep discount of 40% for non-Xbox Live Gold users and 50% for those who are on the subscription gaming service.
  10. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is tallying up to a 50% discount on Black Friday.
This just makes an absolute joke of any other HTPC offering on the market. It doesn't matter if you don't play a single game. This is still the best entertainment deal on the market for you.

Think about it.
  • $69 = Amazon Fire TV 4K 2017 (8GB)
  • $99 = Roku Ultra 2017 (SD Card storage only, not included)
  • $179 = NVIDIA Shield 4K 2017 (16GB)
  • $179 = Apple TV 4K (32GB)
  • $189 = Xbox One S (500GB)
  • $300+ = Minimum, Self-Built 4K Linux/Windows HTPC

Last edited:
Ps4 is 199$ on Black Friday with a 1tb hard drive. Seems like a better deal to me unless you are strictly buying it for an entertainment system and no gaming whatsoever.

https://www.google.ca/amp/bgr.com/2017/11/10/black-friday-2017-ps4-psvr-playstation-deals/amp/
Agreed/ PS4 is a better deal for gamers, generally, unless of course your game is an Xbox game, but the Xbox One S is the better score for the general market.

The "S" is a slightly more powerful and slimmer refresh of the original Xbox One, unlike the PS4 1TB, and it comes with the advantage of 4K playback. I believe Sony is mostly caught up in terms of media and media server support, but the Xbox is still ahead in terms of its appeal to general entertainment consumers with the functionality of the Xbox One app, and its integration with any Android or iOS smartphone.

Another example, it will still play audio CDs for roaming dinosaurs like myself. Additionally, you can plug your cable box directly into the Xbox so you don't have to switch inputs to go between YouTube and your cable menu, for example.

Sony has been dragging its feet with decoding. It finally added mp3 and media server support in late 2015, I think, but it's probably not as reliable for streaming your HEVC 265 rips yet, for example. It also gravitates towards more open-source solutions like Sling TV instead of Vue. The open-source software is superior pretty much every time.

HTPC Pros
for Xbox One S (vs. PS4)
  • Cable Box can be jacked directly into Xbox One S
  • 4K playback
  • Can play old Audio CDs
  • 3x USB 3.0 (vs. 2x) for external hard/flash drives or other USB accessories
  • 802.11ac WiFi rating (vs. 802.11n)
  • IR remote functionality for normal remotes
  • Xbox One app > Playstation app for remote control of entertainment features via smartphone or tablet enabling voice control of the console, practically speaking (highly desirable when working with YouTube, for example).
  • Sling TV > Playstation Vue
  • SoundCloud, Pandora, Groove for music, and more total entertainment app options
  • Native h.265 decoding
    • This is an example of a history of media center functionalities being ahead and better optimized on Xbox One (ex. mp3 support, DLNA/UPnP support, external hard drive support, etc.)

The biggest con is the lack of bluetooth integration, but Sony doesn't invest heavily into its support for the world's catalog of bluetooth drivers out there, and Microsoft clearly (wisely) banked on a wireless router being ever-present in a home HTPC environment.

Last edited:
Controllers for ps4 are currently 40 bucks at gamestop, Horizon is 20, beat the crowds if you guys want or need either of those and go/order while you can.

Ugh anyone know when the steam sales drop? I'm picking up some V Moda M 100 headphones Monday and can't decide between a new TV or just getting a fuck ton of games on Steam.

Ugh anyone know when the steam sales drop? I'm picking up some V Moda M 100 headphones Monday and can't decide between a new TV or just getting a fuck ton of games on Steam.

There was one a couple of weeks ago. Next big one might not be until the xmas sale.

Already bought a bunch of telltale games

Should start around the 22nd. The Black Friday sales aren't as good as the Christmas or summer though.

So far I've picked up:

Overwatch: GOTY ($30)
Metal Gear Revengeance ($8)
Fallout New Vegas ($5)

The sale are pretty good, but there just isn't that much I really want to play. Need a new controller and a headset, gotta see who has the best prices.

Already bought a bunch of telltale games

On console or PC? I've been waiting for GotG and the second season of Batman to go on sale on Xbox. They may already be on sale, I'll have to check.

On console or PC? I've been waiting for GotG and the second season of Batman to go on sale on Xbox. They may already be on sale, I'll have to check.
On Xbox. The second season of Batman is $15. I didn't see GOT on there.

On Xbox. The second season of Batman is $15. I didn't see GOT on there.

Thanks. I meant Guardians of the Galaxy by "GotG", but I don't think all of the episodes are out yet so I doubt they're on sale.

Thanks. I meant Guardians of the Galaxy by "GotG", but I don't think all of the episodes are out yet so I doubt they're on sale.
It is... I bought that too. It's only $10 right now for all five episodes

It seems Best Buy & Walmart have the red & blue transparent PS4 Dualshock 4 respectively on sale for $39 now.

Back