Black folks react to Megadeth's "Holy Wars"

Me and a buddy often joke with each other about how many magics we have, how many we're gonna need, and which ones.
"I didn't bring my thermatology today..."

Master them all... bring "them" to their knees.

/maximum bro fist.

I know I've shared this multiple times over the years but Marty's solo in Lucretia, Goddamn man.

My only question is... why is there some old lady laughing at the beginning? It really gives me the creeps, especially hearing it again in Victory on Youthanasia. I thought that shit was over with.

By the way for Megadeth fans, I'm gonna be posting a list of all the Megadeth fit to bang your head to soon. In a short lived, barely visited thread.

I master five magics...

Only the originals. The remastered contains a very homoerotic possessing of hellish torment.

Master them all... bring "them" to their knees.

My only question is... why is there some old lady laughing at the beginning? It really gives me the creeps, especially hearing it again in Victory on Youthanasia. I thought that shit was over with.

haha Lucretia is about a "ghost" in his grandmother's house, or something, I forget again - too lazy to google. but yeah, I'm sure you know but that's Dave doing that creepy laugh.

I'm unaware of any reissue issues.
Did he add gloppy orchestration, or more cowbell?

Succinctly put; Dave pulled a George Lucas. The first four albums got a remaster. Whether it's a good thing is mostly of one's personal opinion. Here are my thoughts on the remasters:

Killing Is My Business (album) the guitar solos seem to be a little more "front and center". Not a bad thing, but I prefer the original mix.
Peace Sells seems largely in tact; if there's a difference, I haven't noticed. Others are saying there are huge mix differences, but I'm not hearing them.

Going into So Far... the changes get more aggregious:
Into the Lungs of Hell - MIDI sounding trumpet blasts are much louder and prominent in this mix; and while they don't ruin the piece, they just sound awkward. A misfire in my opinion. Seriously, it sounds like some medieval jousting tournament in the middle of thrash metal.
In My Darkest Hour - Gets an acoustic intro that sounds good. A positive change.

Then onto Rust In Peace. My biggest gripes are the rerecorded vocals for Take No Prisoners and Five Magics. The originals sound MUCH better.

Last edited:
Succinctly put; Dave pulled a George Lucas. The first four albums got a remaster. Whether it's a good thing is mostly of one's personal opinion. Here are my thoughts on the remasters:

Killing Is My Business (album) the guitar solos seem to be a little more "front and center". Not a bad thing, but I prefer the original mix.
Peace Sells seems largely in tact; if there's a difference, I haven't noticed. Others are saying there are huge mix differences, but I'm not hearing them.

Going into So Far... the changes get more aggregious:
Into the Lungs of Hell - MIDI sounding trumpet blasts are much louder and prominent in this mix; and while they don't ruin the piece, they just sound awkward. A misfire in my opinion. Seriously, it sounds like some medieval jousting tournament in the middle of thrash metal.
In My Darkest Hour - Gets an acoustic intro that sounds good. A positive change.

Then onto Rust In Peace. My biggest gripes are the rerecorded vocals for Take No Prisoners and Five Magics. The originals sound MUCH better.
Jesus, I don't even want to hear RIP remastered.
The only good remasters IMO are ones that try to fix something that was clearly needed, like if Metallica remastered Ride the Lightning to not sound like shit, as if it had the same care as Puppets.

I was afraid you were gonna say Dave did a full blown Ozzy and re- recorded all the instrument parts with studio musicians he wasn't beefing with.

I'd love to see them react to Mr. Bungle.

LOL at Dave never being able to top Metallica.
Musically he did that early.
Sales, sure.
He was the best guitar player in that band and best songwriter.

Lyrically they're almost equally juvenile, I'll give ya that, but Dave's lyrics are still better

It doesn't matter though because Dave's voice is absolute trash. They make good music despite his voice IMO.

It doesn't matter though because Dave's voice is absolute trash. They make good music despite his voice IMO.
Yep.
There's some story I've never looked up about the moment Dave said, "Fuck it, I'll just be the singer."

It's my primary example of a band whose songs I often like, until the vocalist turns it to shit.
Breakpoint is like that. Great, until... the stupid spoken word segment.
Does he really think I want to listen to a minute of that stupid shit every time?

Yep.
There's some story I've never looked up about the moment Dave said, "Fuck it, I'll just be the singer."

It's my primary example of a band whose songs I often like, until the vocalist turns it to shit.
Breakpoint is like that. Great, until... the stupid spoken word segment.
Does he really think I want to listen to a minute of that stupid shit every time?

Yeah man.
I'm not a big metal guy, I was a fan as a teen of certain stuff. Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, etc...the basics.
When I show my friends this music they like it, but when Dave's voice comes in it's hard to defend it. Number one reason I'd take Metallica over Megadeth. They have similar song structures but James' voice appeals to a much much larger crowd. Just my two cents.

Yeah man.
I'm not a big metal guy, I was a fan as a teen of certain stuff. Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, etc...the basics.
When I show my friends this music they like it, but when Dave's voice comes in it's hard to defend it. Number one reason I'd take Metallica over Megadeth. They have similar song structures but James' voice appeals to a much much larger crowd. Just my two cents.
I can't take Pantera. Dime was phenomenal, but Anselmo's voice, plus his love of cussing like a child who's just discovered it, really kills their music for me.

Hetfieled said recently that none of the guys in metallica now are really exceptional,they somehow make the music they do by working together...but Dave,and Cliff were exceptional musicians,its no wonder their best work was with those guys.
I'd say James is pretty exceptional when it comes to being a rhythm guitar player. I mean he is arguably one of the best downpickers in metal. But you are correct in that Dave is and Cliff was exceptional as musicians. Cliff was just starting to fully come in to his own when he was tragically killed. Cliff wrote what is my favorite instrumental of all time in Orion. That fucking bass interlude gives me goosebumps every single time. As for Dave he is the most talented of everyone in the band and one of the most talented musicians in music. All you need to do is listen to Rust In Peace to know just how talented Dave is.

It's awesome to see that Dave replied on twitter and linked their vid and Phil anselmo replied in the comments on YouTube on their take on Panteras Walk video.

Last edited:
By the way for Megadeth fans, I'm gonna be posting a list of all the Megadeth fit to bang your head to soon. In a short lived, barely visited thread.

I master five magics...
Link?

Holy Wars is excellent, but far from the best song on that album.

Five Magics, Tornado of Souls, & Polaris are absolute masterpieces.

I'll never understand how people (usually Metallica fans) shit on Megadeth, saying they "suck" because of Dave's voice. these are the same people that get mad when you say Megadeth is way more talented & are better musicians than Metallica.

I can't stand AC/DC (forget which singer) because of the singing but I won't say they suck. just not my flavor. then you get to Geddy Lee. his voice sounds geeky as fuck but the man has range. everyone knows Rush does NOT suck.

the same goes for Mustaine. people just want to hate on him & deny Megadeth because of the age old beef between both bands.

Holy Wars is excellent, but far from the best song on that album.

Five Magics, Tornado of Souls, & Polaris are absolute masterpieces.

I'll never understand how people (usually Metallica fans) shit on Megadeth, saying they "suck" because of Dave's voice. these are the same people that get mad when you say Megadeth is way more talented & are better musicians than Metallica.

I can't stand AC/DC (forget which singer) because of the singing but I won't say they suck. just not my flavor. then you get to Geddy Lee. his voice sounds geeky as fuck but the man has range. everyone knows Rush does NOT suck.

the same goes for Mustaine. people just want to hate on him & deny Megadeth because of the age old beef between both bands.
I've always been a big Metallica fan, and while I can appreciate some of Megadeth's music, most of it just isn't for me. His voice being a reason, but I'm also not a fan of how most of their songs are structured.

And I believe you're talking about Brian Johnson, he took over as singer for ACDC after Bon Scott died, and I'll agree, I don't like his voice, either. They style totally changed when he took over, too.

Last edited:
I went down the rabbit hole of watching people react to Rammstein live. It's funny to watch them get more and more speechless as the videos go on.

This reaction is awesome. Subbed to this guy after this video.

Starts at 6:18

I've always been a big Metallica fan, and while I can appreciate some of Megadeth's music, most of it just isn't for me. His voice being a reason, but I'm also not a fan of how most of their songs are structured.

And I believe you're talking about Brian Johnson, he took over as singer for ACDC after Bon Scott died, and I'll agree, I don't like his voice, either. They style totally changed when he took over, too.
You'll laugh at this then. It is Megadeth in a nutshell

Back