black farmers were sold fake crop seeds to drive them into bankruptcy

Are they really blaming the farmers or merely pointing out that it could in fact be something else? The link you posted doesn’t do much to rule out other possibilities such as rain effect, soil quality and herbicides used. The only fact in the link that would help point to the problem is that the seeds were not the certified seeds that the low yielding farmers were sold. Also, to be fair, the article doesn’t even have an invoice to show that they in fact purchased certified seeds. I’m not saying that they don’t have any of this or other evidence...I’m merely stating that the article doesn’t.

I posted another article stating that the seeds the university tested didn't germinate at all. Zero success rate.

Post #253.

I posted another article stating that the seeds the university tested didn't germinate at all. Zero success rate.
Post #253.

That doesn’t add any value as it was stated in the first link that you posted. Said, another way, it was already determined that the seeds were tested and deemed not certified.

There is still little to no additional information that supports that this was racially motivated.

Does anyone know if paying a premium price for certified seeds mean that the company who certified them is liable if they don’t produce as certified?

That doesn’t add any value as it was stated in the first link that you posted. Said, another way, it was already determined that the seeds were tested and deemed not certified.

There is still little to no additional information that supports that this was racially motivated.

Does anyone know if paying a premium price for certified seeds mean that the company who certified them is liable if they don’t produce as certified?

You, and many people, are speculating that the farmers are just grossly inept.

"The link you posted doesn’t do much to rule out other possibilities such as rain effect, soil quality and herbicides used."

Under laboratory conditions, not a single seed germinated.

Are they really blaming the farmers or merely pointing out that it could in fact be something else? The link you posted doesn’t do much to rule out other possibilities such as rain effect, soil quality and herbicides used. The only fact in the link that would help point to the problem is that the seeds were not the certified seeds that the low yielding farmers were sold. Also, to be fair, the article doesn’t even have an invoice to show that they in fact purchased certified seeds. I’m not saying that they don’t have any of this or other evidence...I’m merely stating that the article doesn’t.
Try to imagine it from the lawyer’s perspective. What? You have no proof that the seeds came from where you say they came from, meaning, I have no case? Sure, I’ll take it! Ya never know.

You, and many people, are speculating that the farmers are just grossly inept.

"The link you posted doesn’t do much to rule out other possibilities such as rain effect, soil quality and herbicides used."

Under laboratory conditions, not a single seed germinated.

We knew from the first post that the seeds weren’t certified and could infer that a % didn’t germinate due to the poor yield. Your second link stated none of the tested seeds germinated. Which tells us what we already knew...the seeds they purchased weren’t certified and were supposed to be. Still absolutely zero facts that this was racially motivated. I’m not saying that it’s not I’m merely stating zero facts have proven it was. So, I would expect that in a court of law they will need to provide additional evidence to support their claim and prove that they were not negligent in their farming abilities.

You are making a giant leap of faith stating that I th8nk those farmers are inept. That in of itself shows your true colors...

We knew from the first post that the seeds weren’t certified and could infer that a % didn’t germinate due to the poor yield. Your second link stated none of the tested seeds germinated. Which tells us what we already knew...the seeds they purchased weren’t certified and were supposed to be. Still absolutely zero facts that this was racially motivated. I’m not saying that it’s not I’m merely stating zero facts have proven it was. So, I would expect that in a court of law they will need to provide additional evidence to support their claim and prove that they were not negligent in their farming abilities.

You are making a giant leap of faith stating that I th8nk those farmers are inept. That in of itself shows your true colors...
That aspect of the discussion may not apply to you, particularly, but it certainly applies to some ITT.

I don't think anything is happening that would lead to more information in a matter of days. Maybe once the trial starts or the investigation concludes, but not now.

I did find this, which has new information on the seed testing:

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/art...-suit-alleging-that-they-were-sold-fake-seeds

Click the articles to see links for more information on discrimination black farmers face.
They have the MSM looking at this. Yes, they would have turned over a moldy rock in a matter of days.

There's nothing here.

They have the MSM looking at this. Yes, they would have turned over a moldy rock in a matter of days.

There's nothing here.

What do you expect the news to find in a week? Wait for the trial and the investigation.

Please stop actually knowing about legal stuff, it makes their shitty arguments tougher to defend.

Thanks.

I'm not defending anyone, I posted from the suit earlier - 1 of the 2 guys is a distributor.

The seed company may be legally liable for his actions, but they didn't try to defraud anyone especially poc groups. And if you read the suit that is perfectly clear.

Back