Black Desert Online

jimmyw404

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Black Desert Online is a sandbox MMO

https://www.blackdesertonline.com

It was out in KR in 2014, but is being released in the US on February 28th.

black-desert-online-10-14-15-1.jpg

My guild, PRX ( www.prx-guild.com ) is rolling on Edan. I'm playing a Sorcereress. I'm most excited for the siege and castle PvP. In PRX's last game, ArcheAge, we held a castle on one of the toughest servers, Kyrios, from the time they were available to now (15 months!) and had a lot of fun defending it.

Is anyone else playing?

My guild is playing as well. I just don't really have the time to invest in an MMO right now.

Archeage was a pay2win money grab. I played alpha (invited didnt pay 150) till a month after launch.

Waiting on one of the two new iterations of Darkfall to come out or Crowfall.

Longterm just waiting on Star Citizen.

i think im gonna just inject The Division crack into my system this year, its the best we are gonna get imo in the rpg genre

Played the Russian beta. The combat is the best i've seen in an MMO.

I don't play but it looks extremely awesome. And its F2P, correct? I might drop in a little bit.
I gave that other MMO a try, Blade & Soul. Felt kind of underwhelmed by it.

Edit: Ah, fuck.. Buy to Play. Well, not that interested then, as MMO's are not really my thing anymore these days. Will wait until they hand out trial periods. And hands on experiences maybe.

Last edited:
Looks nice but i dont like the fact that the game punishes ganking random ppl.
Also its korean so it means i will probably quit the game before i reach max lvl just like i did with Aion and Archeage.

It looks pretty good, I'm going to have to give it a try.

For $30 I'll give it a try. I like that it's only cosmetic items for real cash, and that all updates/expansions are free(if I've read things correctly).

One of my buddies has been trting to get me into this game but I would need to build a new rig. With having that and being at work 60+ hours a week I have been wondering if I should invest. Anyone here can tell me if it is worth the investment? I am very competitive in pvp so I would hate a mmo that is zombie status on the grind. Like poster above me said.

"unconventional MMO", meaning there's actually depth and complexity to the game.

Back