Black Beast finally clear of back issue, training like never before and wants 5 fights in 2018

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/derrick-lewis-half-ass-training-marcin-tybura-ufc-austin

maxresdefault.jpg

“I really haven’t trained the last few years the way I’ve supposed to be training because of my back issue,” Lewis told MMAjunkie. “We fixed it, and I trained my ass off for this fight. … I still feel like I’ve got a lot left in the tank. I’m taking my training more serious, my diet more serious. I’m just giving myself a chance. Before I wasn’t giving myself a chance. Doing half-ass training, my coaches would try to push me, and I’m still half-ass training. But this camp right here, I really pushed myself to the limits.

“I don’t have no pain nowhere, nothing. I’m training more than 30 minutes a day. I’m doing two-a-days. I’ve been doing two-a-days, training more than just stair master for 15 minutes and hitting pads for 15 minutes. I’ve been doing more than just that.”

“Of course it’s about the money and stuff like that, but I am hungrier than I was before, back in 2010 when I first started MMA,” Lewis said. “I feel ready to go. I got the rest that I needed and the time off, and I feel ready.”

“We can see if we can rise up in the ranks and try to get paid more this year,” Lewis said. “Hopefully I can fight four more times this year. Hopefully I get Ngannou sometime down the line. He said he wanted some time off, but we’ll see. I’ve got to get past Tybura, and hopefully if I can get past him, I want Fabricio, then Ngannou sometime this year. Because I know he wanted time off (after losing to Stipe Miocic at UFC 220).”

derrick-lewis-travis-browne-ufc-fight-night-105-22.jpg

Wow sounds like he took training like a lazy bastard in the past.

I had a feeling he was running a lot off talent. His drop off in the cage when he gets tired is dramatic. I know people always hype up there training camps but I believe when he says he’s putting in work like never before , because frankly I don’t think he was putting in much to begin with compared to his peers.

He trained 30 mins a day and got near the top 5 of the ufc rankings? just shows how shallow the hw mma talent pool is, i kinda hope that was an exaggereation by Derrick.

if you are legit HW size might as well train and join the UFC. it seems like most of the HW are either aged or do not take it seriously and even they do well. where is UberTS when you need him.

you know you can tell if a girls crazy by them crazy eyes?

black beast has em

but will he finally find out where ronda rouseys fine ass is at?

tune in on ufc fight night austin!

He’s been training more than 30 minutes per day!!
Beast Mode!!

Interesting comments considering he just recently said if he got paid ngannu money he wouldn't train at all, would drink a beer after the weigh-ins and would gas out as well.

I had originally picked Tybura for this fight. But, after reading this, I’m having second thoughts.

I had a feeling he was running a lot off talent. His drop off in the cage when he gets tired is dramatic. I know people always hype up there training camps but I believe when he says he’s putting in work like never before , because frankly I don’t think he was putting in much to begin with compared to his peers.

What dramatic drop off?

5 of his last 7 wins were outside the 1st round, and he goes fucking bananas in the octagon pushing the pace. He has 3rd and 4th round finishes as well.

He is quite the character and has delivered some decent scraps. Glad to hear he wants to up his game and is looking for multiple fights.

War Black Beast!

happy for him. this is a really good fight coming up too. rootin for beast.

Hell yes!

Black Beast in this hoe!

Heart of a champion!

Sign me up, give this man as many fights as he wants. The dude brings it every time. 21 of his 24 fights have ended in a finish, 19 by ko. Kill or be killed kind of fighter.

I can't wait to see him fight Ngannou. It's inevitable, and I think Black Beast will KTFO the Predator.

ScientificPowerlessHuman.gif

I love beast, funny as fuck and a decent fighter but he can't be serious with this 30 minutes a day bullshit.
Or is "1 hour beast" gonna be the new sea level Cain?

Edit.
I'd quite like to know what his back issue is as well because mines been like balsa wood for over 20 years due to a lifting injury, if he's fixed it I could do with him pointing me in the right direction.

Back