BJS wants to fight Danny Jacobs!

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
You read that right! Billy Joe Saunders wants to take on Danny Jacobs! This just goes to show you that all those times he was accused of dodging good opponents and not wanting to fight anyone good were just because of unfortunate circumstances and had nothing to do with him being a bitch.

Now the question is does Danny really want to throw down with the undefeated Travelling Man???

Oh yeah.

I forgot to mention that BJS wants 7 million fucking dollars for the fight.

“Get his management to ring me up and I’ll have 5 million pounds and I’ll go over and fight,” said Saunders to Fighthype in talking about a fight against Jacobs. ”Give me 5 million, no problem. I’ll sign the contract. We’ll get him over, and I’ll fight him. He don’t sell in America. His last fight had 2,000 or a thousand people,” said Saunders.

The 5 million he mentioned is in POUNDS so it's closer to 7 million US. In my opinion that is the textbook definition of pricing yourself out of a fight.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/12/saunders-wants-5-million-fight-daniel-jacobs/

Its easy enough to tell the fans and press that all you want is to fight the best.

Ill believe it when he signs.

Maybe that schooling he gave Lemi boosted his confidence though. Great fight for us fans and a great win for either.

Ill take Danny, pretty easily.

You read that right! Billy Joe Saunders wants to take on Danny Jacobs! This just goes to show you that all those times he was accused of dodging good opponents and not wanting to fight anyone good were just because of unfortunate circumstances and had nothing to do with him being a bitch.

Now the question is does Danny really want to throw down with the undefeated Travelling Man???

Oh yeah.

I forgot to mention that BJS wants 7 million fucking dollars for the fight.

“Get his management to ring me up and I’ll have 5 million pounds and I’ll go over and fight,” said Saunders to Fighthype in talking about a fight against Jacobs. ”Give me 5 million, no problem. I’ll sign the contract. We’ll get him over, and I’ll fight him. He don’t sell in America. His last fight had 2,000 or a thousand people,” said Saunders.

The 5 million he mentioned is in POUNDS so it's closer to 7 million US. In my opinion that is the textbook definition of pricing yourself out of a fight.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/12/saunders-wants-5-million-fight-daniel-jacobs/
<[analyzed}>

promoter-wise
seems like the next logical step
saunders is pricing himself high, but its probably the biggest, only fight he'll ever get in his career

saunders puts viewers to sleep
decision goes to jacobs

BJ vs DJ. I believe Billy is totally worth the $7 mill plus having this in his backyard. He only needs to be competitive and survive to likely get the decision (depending on any knockdowns ofc). Only a fool wouldn't take this amazing offer.

Canelo and GGG don't get $7 million, no promoter in their right mind would pay that much. If he was smart, he would fight a cupcake and then ask for the winner of canelo vs ggg for ppv money.

He also had another interview saying Jacobs needs to come to London, since BJS is the champ.
And another where Warren says Jacobs doesn't bring anything to the table.

I'm a have to agree with Warren on this one. Jacobs has nothing to offer. Not even a ranking. Even beating him ain't doing anything for JBS, since Jacobs already lost to GGG who people already know is the real champ over Billy Hoe.

Canelo and GGG don't get $7 million, no promoter in their right mind would pay that much. If he was smart, he would fight a cupcake and then ask for the winner of canelo vs ggg for ppv money.
umm... They got 5 mill and 3 mill to show up. After ppv probably more like 20 mil and 15 according to estimates

No reason for BJS to fight Jacobs when he has a big payday vs either Golovkin or Canelo potentially happening soon. Jacobs doesn't have a belt and isn't as respected/known as his skill level merits.

No reason for BJS to fight Jacobs when he has a big payday vs either Golovkin or Canelo potentially happening soon. Jacobs doesn't have a belt and isn't as respected/known as his skill level merits.
not to mention he puts a tremendous beating on him.

BJS's last showing makes it interesting. Jacobs figures BJS out and gives him a taste of his own medecine with superior movement. He outguns BJS, has the reach advantage and won't be less accurate.

Yep. I think he matches up best against Canelo, though he'd still lose.
honestly, i don't see it. i think canelo counters him all night long and boxes his ears off.

canelo has struggled with slick boxers who could move, but they were all slicker and moved better than BJS. and in the end, only the best one of them actually beat him. BJS has a shot with gennady if gennady noticeably slows down, if not he gets KO'd by GGG. he has a shot vs danny if they fight in the UK and danny can't put him away, but i doubt it. jacobs looked a bit hesitant on the trigger in his last fight, but i think he'd pull it vs BJS and beat him up.

of the three, i think canelo is actually the worst match up for him because he's the youngest, is still improving, draws his opponents into exchanges, and he packs big power. he's only going to look better when he fights BJS, and he actually has the legs to put him in tough spots.

at the end of the night, i just want BJS to finally step in there with one of them. the only thing bothering me about it is that the cunt's going to get paid for the beating that awaits him.

You guys are forgetting Jacobs' HBO deal. Jacobs brings HBO to the table. Saunders is the guy who needs exciting opponents. Fans aren't going to get excited about watching Saunders beat some UK club fighter.

Why are people talking like Saunders is Floyd Mayweather all of a sudden? Saunders is no star.

You guys are forgetting Jacobs' HBO deal. Jacobs brings HBO to the table. Saunders is the guy who needs exciting opponents. Fans aren't going to get excited about watching Saunders beat some UK club fighter.

But Canelo and GGG also bring HBO though

Danny gets a big fight easier than BJS.

Why are people talking like Saunders is Floyd Mayweather all of a sudden? Saunders is no star.

The only thing he has going for him is that he has a belt, and he's going to want to sell it off to Canelo/GGG for the most reward he can get.

Back