BJM thinks UFC is going downhill

It might have started under Zuffa but it has gotten progressively worse under WME

I'd be interested to know how many events they're a year now vs the last couple of Zuffa years. I'd guess it's relatively the same.

The proliferation of "money fights" also began under Zuffa as well as interim titles being handed out way too frequently.

WME is just continuing what Zuffa started.

I'd be interested to know how many events they're a year now vs the last couple of Zuffa years. I'd guess it's relatively the same.

The proliferation of "money fights" also began under Zuffa as well as interim titles being handed out way too frequently.

WME is just continuing what Zuffa started.
What was the first money fight in your opinion?

Imo RDA vs McGregor

Time will tell.... Future. Mystic BJM!!!

1.5 Billion tv deal for 5 years. If it goes well the next 5 years easily double. ESPN is 10x better at covering and hyping sports. The NFL does over a billion per year and the UFC isn't touching that any time soon but that 4 billlion price tag could look reasonable in 5 years

He is a Bellator employee. He is a pioneer of MMA. These two combination make for a very unreliable and invalid opinion.

The UFC sucks for those stuck in the "Back in the good old days" nostalgic hype. The new generation of UFC fans are going to look at those PRIDE guys as bums. This is what happens in most sports that haven't yet peaked in their evolution.

No NBA fan today watches 1970 basketball, and thinks to itself "wow, this was really the good old days of basketball." If it wasn't for media propaganda, most of them wouldn't even care about Michael Jordan, because they have LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and etc.

No fan thinks to itself?

Of course he’s gonna say some stupid shit like that. He’s a belolator shill now.

Thing is, the problem of oversaturation goes back long before the company was sold.

WME has become a scapegoat for the UFC's problems, but the UFC was already running way too many shows for a good couple of years before the sell in their effort to get as big as possible and expand globally.

bellator sure doesn't do that haha

He’s a credible source, it’s not like he’s a Newb to the industry. He’s a respected member of the MMA community, I’d be inclined to agree with him.

He is a Bellator employee. He is a pioneer of MMA. These two combination make for a very unreliable and invalid opinion.

The UFC sucks for those stuck in the "Back in the good old days" nostalgic hype. The new generation of UFC fans are going to look at those PRIDE guys as bums. This is what happens in most sports that haven't yet peaked in their evolution.

No NBA fan today watches 1970 basketball, and thinks to itself "wow, this was really the good old days of basketball." If it wasn't for media propaganda, most of them wouldn't even care about Michael Jordan, because they have LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and etc.
Comparing NBA and UFC is nonsense. UFC has evolved under Zuffa but at it has turned into a soap opera under WME.

No fan thinks to itself?
What is the issue? You can't just assume I will know what you mean. Is the problem "no fan" or my usage of the word "itself"?

I am exaggerating when I say "no fan." There are probably a few modern NBA fans who would prefer to go back to the 80's, but the consensus is probably most new NBA fans prefer the game as it is.

I am starting to use the "it" and its pronouns to avoid gender bias in my statements. I am starting to speak about humans using pronouns that were traditionally reserved for animals. We are animals after all.

<TrumpWrong1>

What was the first money fight in your opinion?

Imo RDA vs McGregor

I guess I'd have to think about that one but it was around that time when the UFC started to go in that direction.

I'm trying to remember if there were any pre-Conor fights that I would consider money fights.

Dying is an overstatement, but if you were a fly on the wall at WME board meetings i'm sure you'd be hearing some regret about paying 4.2b for a company whose biggest star hasn't fought in 2 years, and whose 2nd biggest star is now a WWE wrestler.

Bellator has Mousasi headlining an event. Fucking LOL

UFC will be fine.
There's stars on the up.

And what's wrong with that ? Out of all the other examples you could of used like Kimbo, Royce, Ken, Lashley, Tito, Chael etc you chose one of the most talented fighters on their entire roster.

I agree with BJM. Nobody likes the direction where this is going with that scumbag Ari leading the charge. And you can bet the farm that the UFC is gonna be even more watered down now that the ESPN scumbags are involved, too.

They gotta ditch the norm of having so many events. Less is more.

Back