BJJ Star Garry Tonnon To Try MMA, Signs WIth One Championship.

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://fansided.com/2017/10/16/bjj-star-garry-tonon-make-mma-debut-one-championship/

Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Garry Tonnon has announced that he will be transitioning into MMA via the ONE Championship promotion.
If you follow the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu circuit you have probably heard of Garry Tonon, and if you haven’t — you will. The black belt has just announced that he will be making a transition into MMA via ONE Championship.

“I am thrilled to be able to finally announce my arrival in ONE Championship. It is the natural evolution in my career as a grappler,” Tonon said in a ONE Championship press release. “I have achieved all that I have set out to do in the world of jiu-jitsu, and now I am ready to take on a new challenge.”

Tonnon is currently training with former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre who is gearing up for his return to the Octagon when he faces middleweight champion, Michael Bisping.

He has won numerous BJJ competitions including the Eddie Bravo Invitational (four times), IBJJF World No-Gi Champion, IBJJF World Champion, IBJJF Pan American No-Gi Champion and FIVE Superfight winner among many others.

“It is with great excitement that I announce the newest addition to ONE Championship’s elite list of global martial arts superstars, American submission grappling legend Garry Tonon,” said ONE Championship CEO, Chatri Sityodtong. “Garry is an amazing individual with a long list of accolades in submission grappling. I have no doubt that his transition to the ONE Championship cage will be a successful one. Fans have a lot to look forward to when Garry finally makes his debut with us.”

Tonnon is a black belt under legendary grappler Tom DeBlass and is the head BJJ instructor at Brunswick BJJ.

Next: Top 30 MMA knockouts of all time

Wonder who will be his MMA coach. Almeida? Renzo? I'm sure Danaher will still be involved.

Nice!

He allready said it on JRE (pretty long ago) that he was planning to get into MMA and that he is training heavily in boxing.

Back