BJJ Scout: Yuri Simoes NoGi Passing Study

I'll say the same thing I said on Reddit: this is brilliant marketing by BJJ Fanatics. Long form instructional/advertisements are a great way to get people excited, and Scout does a superb job here of balancing between giving you enough info to get a feel for what Yuri's doing without revealing so much that the DVD wouldn't be worth buying. I would probably have never thought about buying this (not that I don't like Yuri, he's amazing and seems like a cool dude I've just never thought of his passing as a standout point of his game), but seeing the similarities between what he's doing and what I try to do and seeing that there's a lot of what looks to be good detail on little things like grips and shoulder angles I'll probably end up picking it up. Business-hat Uchi Mata approves.

>#ItrainUFC
>not #ItraneUFC

Meme ignorance smh.

That important issue addressed, not too long ago Yuri showed some nice stuff on Bernardo's youtube (which is really a great channel since he gets all sorts of high level guys passing through demonstrating stuff), in particular the way he uses the arm turk to get the leg weave/smash pass position, which is very reminiscent of how Niel Melanson teaches using the cradle to attack half guard as well.

Last edited:
Back