BJJ Match Study: Gordon Ryan vs Roberto 'Cyborg' Abreu

Lol, 137 view and NO comments?! This is another fantastic breakdown! Thank you!

Seriously this one awesome... I've been obsesed with dds entries to the saddle...

Seriously this one awesome... I've been obsesed with dds entries to the saddle...
Jonathan Calestine from Renzo Gracie Brooklyn is really good at this entry. If you get on youtube and check out some of his matches especially his Show The Art Finishers matches you'll see him using the entry. I think of it like the reverse of the saddle entry where you collect the non-trapped leg as you drop into position. This entry seems to be getting that far leg first and THEN snaring up the leg that you'll eventually heel hook without letting go of the far leg.

Thanks its my first Match Study to focus on leg locks. Leg Locks are not my forte so i'm glad I nailed it; technique and analysis wise.

Jonathan Calestine from Renzo Gracie Brooklyn is really good at this entry. If you get on youtube and check out some of his matches especially his Show The Art Finishers matches you'll see him using the entry. I think of it like the reverse of the saddle entry where you collect the non-trapped leg as you drop into position. This entry seems to be getting that far leg first and THEN snaring up the leg that you'll eventually heel hook without letting go of the far leg.
Will check this guy out later. Thanks for the positive feedback

Great technical analysis!

As much I like and respect the OGs of the sport, I hope to see some more newbreed breakdowns partly because of the video quality of the modern era is MUCH better than than some of the potato recorders of the old school days.

I'd recommend checking out Adam Wardzinski. Hes got really great details on the butterfly guard and others that has got the attention of a lot other guys who do highlight videos and technical breakdowns.

Back