BJJ is for Unathletic Nerds, Fat Kids, Soccer Moms, 40 Year Old Dads, 100 lb girls, etc...

Just like 99% of the rest of techniques, What's your point? Do you actually believe helio invented leverage?

As long as you understand that Kung Fu and Karate has blue belt level ground fighting now. lol

It's called a rash guard and compression pants. Skinned my knees pretty bad two weeks ago and I don't think I'm going to roll without them again. Not sure what you have against BJJ but for me personally, I think grappling is a pretty important skillset to have.

I love to see grappling between top level guys. I actually prefer to watch wrestling and BJJ over striking, simply because UFC fighters are complete amateurs in the striking department. Grappling between middle of the road competitors is however boring as hell.

As a skill set, I'd say BJJ is dubious without some form of stand up complement. You really don't want to be on the grund in the streets, no holds barred. If you only can pick one, I'd say striking is a much better tool.

I don't want to be in a fight of any kind on the streets. So far that's going well for me.

The only thing I fear is delusional fan boys of BJJ who think that they are invincible on the street and end up dying.

If someone trains seriously and thinks they're invincible on the street, well they are delusional for sure.

One of the things I find interesting about competing is seeing folks that look totally average or so gear up and proceed to wreck folks. You never know who is really a major butt kickers.

If someone trains seriously and thinks they're invincible on the street, well they are delusional for sure.

One of the things I find interesting about competing is seeing folks that look totally average or so gear up and proceed to wreck folks. You never know who is really a major butt kickers.

I guarantee you that if I were to visit a BJJ or MMA club, the wide majority would bet they would could take down before I punch their lights out. This is a very dangerous mentality.

Wtf is that shit you posted.

This video seemed like some of the deadly techniques you were talking about you'd use if you actually trained at a BJJ or MMA gym.

They are lucky you don't visit.

Maybe the case in the US but in Poland (and I think Europe/Russia) it's the opposite. BJJ is marketed as the MMA entry point and the sport for "real hardcode motherf#ckers!". No women at all, no nerds, no fat people. Most of the students are either roided chavs or testosterone bullies and one of the most famous coaches has a foul mouth, flips the bird to ppl, threatens strangers on forums and still lives in the world of the "Gracie challenge". You say a bad word about BJJ, he'll choke you. He's 41.

I went to one of the local BJJ gyms, had a horrible experience. Shoulder dislocated twice (!) because some assholes don't understand the concept of "going easy". A hippie looking guy who joined around the same time left after someone ripped his hair out while rolling. Instead of an apology he was advised to shave his head "because long hair is for :eek::eek::eek:s". I left after almost getting KOed in a standup sparring session that was supposed to be a "wind down" - against a guy with 5 years of MMA experience. Still had personal issues apparently and had to show off on the newbie.

Moved to a Judo gym, the people were friendly and nobody wanted to kill me. Unfortunately the shoulder never recovered fully so I had to quit after it snapped again a year later.

Wtf! This cant be real life!!??

Who is the instructor/gym? For some season I assumed that Europe/Russians are in to judo/sambo and catch wrestling....

Who is the instructor/gym? For some season I assumed that Europe/Russians are in to judo/sambo and catch wrestling....

Nah, I believe him.

One of my students went to train in polland and the BJJ instructor had a gun in his gym bag. When he asked him why he had a gun, the guy just replied "mafia". And they all rolled like nut cases.

I guarantee you that if I were to visit a BJJ or MMA club, the wide majority would bet they would could take down before I punch their lights out. This is a very dangerous mentality.

If you could knock out the 'wide majority' of competitive MMA fighters, why aren't you competing and making boat-loads of cash?

I'm a 40 year old dad who trains in BJJ. My young boys love it and constantly want to roll with me and play. Helps keep my cardio up, strength, flexibility, it's a viable martial art, and it's a lot of fun.

#BJJforlife

Or I could sit on the couch watching football like all the other fatfuck 40 year old dads...

Last edited:

Kung Fu and Karate Mcdojos have absorbed BJJ into their curriculum. Fair is fair. Since BJJ magically includes wrestling, Judo and any other martial art it fancies. lol

The fallacy is that BJJ can add any techniques it desires but Wing Chun just sucks and cannot change to include grappling.

If it does, it's stealing and BJJ gets the credit. lol

If you could knock out the 'wide majority' of competitive MMA fighters, why aren't you competing and making boat-loads of cash?

Not competitive fighters. Although I could probably do that to on ocassion too. But nothing that I could rely on. My takedown defence is very good, though.

He is talking about Poland.
Poland and Hungary are the 2 Eastern Europe countries, where sambo is not practiced (have quite good judo and wrestling though).
Poland is known to have more than a hundred BJJ black belts for over a decade now.
And I havent heard of catch wrestling place outside of England...

Nah, I believe him.

One of my students went to train in polland and the BJJ instructor had a gun in his gym bag. When he asked him why he had a gun, the guy just replied "mafia". And they all rolled like nut cases.

Sounds like we need the BJJ movie version of "pain and gain"

He is talking about Poland.
Poland and Hungary are the 2 Eastern Europe countries, where sambo is not practiced (have quite good judo and wrestling though).
Poland is known to have more than a hundred BJJ black belts for over a decade now.
And I havent heard of catch wrestling place outside of England...

I thought all Eastern Europe practiced sambo but I guess I was wrong. That being said is BJJ cheaper in Poland?

Also who is this BJJ instructor? I would love to google to see some info on him because so far this sounds far fetched.

Back