BJJ in Farmington Hills, Michigan

CAP-10

White Belt
Reaction score
Rigan Machado Black Belt and Pan Am Medalist Tyrone Gooden is now teaching three nights a week in Farmington Hills at D.S. Kim's Black Belt School as an extension of Vision Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (based in Novi). This large, brand new facility is located at 28857 Orchard Lake Road, on the west side between 12 and 13 Mile Roads (just north of I696). It's in the same building as Mr. Pita and India House restaurant.

Right now classes are scheduled Tuesday and Thursday 7:35-8:50PM and Saturday 1:20-2:30PM.

For more information you can call or text Professor Gooden at 248-252-8830 or call 284-987-6668 for the D.S. Kim's direct number.

Professor Gooden is also still at Vision BJJ's main location in Novi at the corner of Novi Rd. and 14 Mile Rd.

Hell yeah. I'll probably see you there before too long.

Hell yeah. I'll probably see you there before too long.

I was there on Tuesday and I plan on being there again tonight. I imagine the classes will be filling up once word gets out. This location is enough closer to the east side that I can see Tyrone getting some more people from the east side of town that wouldn't have wanted to drive out to Novi.

Plus, generally, once more people realize what an awesome instructor he is . . . . Anything Ty can do to get the word out that he's teaching is a good thing. Farmington, Novi, wherever (this new Farmington thing, though, is probably five miles from my house, so I couldn't be happier).

Hey hows the schedule there for the week after christmas and before new years? Does he mind drop ins?

Hey hows the schedule there for the week after christmas and before new years? Does he mind drop ins?

I know drop ins are fine, but I'm not sure on the schedule. I actually want know for myself too, so once I know something I'll pass it along.

Eh, turned out to be useful information as Michigan doesn't have too many great schools.

i have to look at ads left right top and bottom. i don't need more. use email.

i have to look at ads left right top and bottom. i don't need more. use email.

What did you think you were getting into with a thread titled "BJJ in Farmington Hills, Michigan"? Something about free turkeys at Whole Foods?

Last edited:

I confirmed that the schedule should be no different for the week after Christmas.

Back