BJJ buddies....injury help

Striderx5

麻ベルト
@Brown
Reaction score
Hello gents, I have a torn shoulder. Long story short, I have been training bjj since 03 and this is the first real injury I have had. I have not trained in a month now. I am feeling that I may quit; any advice on healing or not quitting? Has anyone quit due to a bad injury? Thanks guys...I hope for some solid advice. I am at a point where I feel my body needs to heal, but I am a stubborn old man who likes to train.

Do some rehab exercise by pulling on a rubber band.

Do you know what got injured?

Rotator cuff?

If rehab isn't working than surgery will fix you up.

It's a long recup, but if you've been training since 02 you know what dedication is and can come back from this.

Find out exactly what's wrong!

I tried to rehab for four years before going to the doctor in Feb and finding out I don't have much cartilage left in my hip.

It's going to take a year to get back full resistance on the mat.

Sometimes you need to go under the knife.

Keep us posted...

There are some here who're in the same boat and struggling with that training jones blues too!

Maybe go to class and just watch. Be patient. Your shoulder will heal and jiu jitsu will be there waiting for you whenever you want to go back. Wish you a speedy and successful recovery.

Hello gents, I have a torn shoulder. Long story short, I have been training bjj since 03 and this is the first real injury I have had. I have not trained in a month now. I am feeling that I may quit; any advice on healing or not quitting? Has anyone quit due to a bad injury? Thanks guys...I hope for some solid advice. I am at a point where I feel my body needs to heal, but I am a stubborn old man who likes to train.
I broke my wrist last year. I was forced to take 3 months off. When the cast came off I couldn't even squeeze 5lbs. I was squeezing over 100lbs with my captains of crush before the injury. I was a little bit down.

I did my rehab even after I was back on the mats it still hurt like a mother fucker. It is just starting to get better a year later. Be patient do your rehab get back to it slowly.

I am sitting in a sling right now because I had to get my labrum repaired. I am not as experienced as you, but I'll offer up some advice on what has been helping me get through this period in my life. I can not wait to get back on the mat, but I understand what you're going through. The wrestling season that I decided to "tough out" with a torn labrum utterly broke me, physically and mentally. I had to frequently take time off of the mat, and when I came back on it, I went in too early. As someone who already has depression, this circumstance certainly did not help my mental state.

As far as getting through it, I would say that you need to look at what helped motivate you in the first place. For me, it was reflecting on the very nature of why I compete and train. "Why do you train jiujitsu? Why do we seek to better ourselves? What are we willing to do to reach the goals set before us?" Seeking the answer to these question will help you understand why you started on this perilous journey of self-mastery. For the practical side of things, I recommend seeking out a physical therapist to help you with the pain and to give you a firm diagnosis of what is going on with your shoulder. They are the experts on matters of the body, and will be able to give you a realistic outlook on your future activity levels and what you can do to manage the pain. I wish you a quick recovery.

Back