BJJ Belts Reviewed (Eosin Panther vs. Kataaro)

do any of you have anything to say about the shureido belts from japan? i'm interested in them because they're 100% cotton and hand made, not to mention from japan.

You can't have the brand Shureido in a category with Eosin Panther & Kataaro.

The quality and workmanship on those Deluxe belts ($99) and $300+ karate uniforms are insane. Their embroidery service directly for Okinawa ($200) is top notch.

Shureido does not match belts for Bjj. You would probably be interested in their Deluxe black belt - In stock, Shureido Deluxe black belts at Kinji San

The finish on the cotton belt is like comparing to the finish on a fine Giorgio Armani suit. Very soft.

cool review might get one when / if I get to black but for now I love my War belt.

How does it look now after a few months of use?

Here are some updates after about 2 1/2 years of having the belt.

The belt is wearing in really nicely. the areas where there is most wear is right where the belt overlaps when tied into a knot. The belt gets washed and is used about 4-6 times a week.

I am very happy with it and I think it will be a good belt for quite some time.

Here are the pictures.

8638180894_aab3e3fb91_z.jpg

8638181778_aa49c7a491_z.jpg

This is where you can see the most worn out areas.

8638179020_e05715c3f4_z.jpg

8638180130_59c6636ae1_z.jpg

If you guys have any other questions, let me know.

Here are some updates after about 2 1/2 years of having the belt.

The belt is wearing in really nicely. the areas where there is most wear is right where the belt overlaps when tied into a knot. The belt gets washed and is used about 4-6 times a week.

I am very happy with it and I think it will be a good belt for quite some time.

Here are the pictures.

8638180894_aab3e3fb91_z.jpg

8638181778_aa49c7a491_z.jpg

This is where you can see the most worn out areas.

8638179020_e05715c3f4_z.jpg

8638180130_59c6636ae1_z.jpg

If you guys have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks for the update! Looks like I'm gonna be rockin the Eosin for my purple belt too.

Nice review. For your black belt will you be going with Eosin or Kataaro at this point?

Hey everyone, when I was looking for a purple belt I searched all of these threads and still had questions. I went with the Eosin but was still unsure of length, firmness, etc. I posted a video on YouTube for those in the same boat! Here it is:

I went with Eosin Panther Deluxe belt in “soft”. After I got the belt I wish I would have got the firm version (standard firmness = Firm). So I talked to their customer service and they sent me a new one (long story), they also put “Jiu-Jitsu” in Kanji for free! The purple is very dark plum in color but fades a little to a normal purple. The firm version is much heavier and feels great. However, the soft version ties better with a smaller knot and feels better rolling with it. Both are outstanding quality belts. I posted a few videos with pictures if you are researching now. I show the thickness and slight color change. Check them out. One of the videos is linked above and you can find the others there too. I’ll add more as time goes on and as the belt changes. Hope this helps some of you!

Back