bjj and weight training at same day

I don't think you can go all out on both the same day and get good results.

One will suffer in quality of work IMO.

I do a 45 minute stability routine (it's rough though). Then a high intensity circuit (30 minute routine) directly after. Then about 15 minute rest. Then 1 hour or so striking/sparring. Then directly into BJJ.... I make a "meal replacement" type drink to consume inbetween striking and BJJ.

Man up pussy...

ive lifted in the morning and still pretty amped by the preworkou to get through bjj at night

if you can fit a nap between both then maybe that might work as well

Try it. U can either manage it or you can't. Only one way to find out

I usually try to hit the weights before BJJ, because I feel that weight training doesn't affect my BJJ performance as much. It's also a good way to focus more on technique, because you have already lost most of your steam in the gym. If possible, I try to always separate them so that there's at least 8 hours in between, but sometimes it's impossible. In those days I try to go to the gym before JJ.

Today I have to do jiu-jitsu first, hopefully my deadlifting doesn't suffer too much

I've done it for years. But my lifting is not that intense 45m-1 hour a day 3-4 mornings a week and BJJ 3 nights a week plus the weekend.

I don't think you can go all out on both the same day and get good results.

One will suffer in quality of work IMO.
I went all out on both for about 6 months, 5 days heavy compound weights with alot of runni g, skipping, rowing ect followed by a long sauna and a dip in a cold pool (2 half hour session) g homeome eat dinner then off to bjj 3 nights and 1 day a week after working an 7 hour day, I burnt out and crashed hard

Back