BJ vs Aldo

BusterBluth

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What an awesome fight.

Competitive fight until 2nd Round?

yeah we've seen how well BJ deals with kicks...

people seem to think he will resolve his cardio issues if he fights at LW...? no

Aldo murders BJ at 155lbs, starting from ROUND 1

BJ isn't the same fighter anymore, he'll get destroyed by prime Aldo.

Actually, BJ is one of the few boxing-heavy fighters that checks leg kicks well. If you watch his fights closely he frequently does a very quick leg-check while moving into punching range.

If you want to see poor leg checks see the Diaz brothers, Rampage or JDS.

It would be brutal,I don't think BJ should be in the octagon anymore,let alone be in it fighting someone as dangerous as Aldo.rd 2 ko for Aldo

If BJ had to cut to featherweight he would look like he had AIDS.

i would take LW champ BJ

Mark Hominick boxed Aldo up, BJ would scrap for sure!

Aldo all the way.

sad to say but BJ is past it as a main contender now, either at LW or WW

yeah we've seen how well BJ deals with kicks...

people seem to think he will resolve his cardio issues if he fights at LW...? no

Aldo murders BJ at 155lbs, starting from ROUND 1

This. BJ has nothing for Aldo at any weight. I'm a Penn fan, but he needs to retire before he gets seriously injured... I've posted this same sentiment before. BJ fights at WW because he doesn't want to or can't make 155 anymore. I'm sure he could make it, but IMO it will require more work than he's willing to put in. I'm sure he could whip my ass, but not any of the current LW or WW prospects or contenders. I fall for the "BJ is back and motivated" everytime... But not after his performance against Rory. He just needs to retire.

I actually think BJ takes him down and submits him, but probably not this late in his career.

If BJ had to cut to featherweight he would look like he had AIDS.

He'd be Diaz bro #3 .

Seriously , Nate look like he's on the verge of dying from a long and painfull bacteria that's eating him alive .

Aldo dominates him. Penn is too slow. It might be somewhat competitive for three minutes.

After the beating BJ just took this is a horrible idea. Aldo would pick him apart and might seriously injure his legs.

two years ago, I would have said BJ. I would take Aldo now. BJ's problem doesn't really seem to be cardio now; he was in good cardio shape for Rory. He can't pull the trigger on punches. He will throw out some jabs with no follow up. That won't beat Aldo. Aldo by UD.

Flat footed BJ would look terrible against Aldo IMHO.

He would get lit up bad.

Back