BJ Penns old coach (Parillo) working with RDA

interesting.............RDA is better than BJ was IMO but didnt know he was working his sturiking with Parillo
Parillo for boxing is fine but if he is using him as a head coach

Bad move as parillo is awful in that area

Still

Lawler wins no matter who RDA trains with

Comparing BJ (one of the top 3 biggest legends in the sport) to RDA is offensive

Actually, RDA is comparible, he went on a tear at LW to become champ. Flatlined a surging Pettis, Henderson and Cerrone.

He has remained an elite LW/WW in a much more competitive era.

Far from insulting in my opinion.

RDA has what it takes to beat a prime BJ Penn, that fight would be competitive.

RDA would destroy Stephenson, Florian, Pulver, Gomi, Serra and Sherk no problem.

I'm a fan of the old guard, but the division has come a long way.

Last edited:
Actually, RDA is comparible, he went on a tear at LW to become champ. Flatlined a surging Pettis, Henderson and Cerrone.

He has remained an elite LW/WW in a much more competitive era.

Far from insulting in my opinion.

RDA has what it takes to beat a prime BJ Penn, that fight would be competitive.

RDA would destroy Stephenson, Florian, Pulver, Gomi, Serra and Sherk no problem.

I'm a fan of the old guard, but the division has come a long way.

It's not fair to compare their p4p status by who would win if you had a time machine. You have to compare them by the other guys in their era... EVERYONE from BJ Penn's era looks like trash compared to any top 15 fighter in the UFC. Also RDA is not an "elite" WW. He will get dealt with by Robbie, he is just too small. Nothing against him, his frame is just tough for the elite of that weight class.

It's not fair to compare their p4p status by who would win if you had a time machine. You have to compare them by the other guys in their era... EVERYONE from BJ Penn's era looks like trash compared to any top 15 fighter in the UFC. Also RDA is not an "elite" WW. He will get dealt with by Robbie, he is just too small. Nothing against him, his frame is just tough for the elite of that weight class.

I disagree, quality of era and competition comes into these sorts of debates regularly, that's why no one considers Kitchko a a top 5 HW all time...

We'll see, he's pretty much at even odds with Robbie and most pundits have this as a close fight. If he's competitive with Robbie tomorrow, he will be considered as elite.

I know styles make fights, but RDA's besmirching of Cerrone, didn't make Robbie's close decision look all that flash..

Lmao rda would make bj cry.

Your join date and shit posting about BJ let me know how much you know about this sport.

Prime BJ would splatter RDA's face and then strangle him. Prime BJ gave GSP everything he could handle. Prime BJ dominated everyone at 155 with ease.

RDA is a great fighter, but BJ is a legend and one of the best ever. His record is not indicative of his greatness when he was on top.

(I'm a BJ hater)

Trains alot of fighters. Including Bisping.

As I remember, 217 was a particularly bad night for him.

But, I do actually like the guy...He saved Penn’s life.

2n67jpv.jpg

I disagree, quality of era and competition comes into these sorts of debates regularly, that's why no one considers Kitchko a a top 5 HW all time...

We'll see, he's pretty much at even odds with Robbie and most pundits have this as a close fight. If he's competitive with Robbie tomorrow, he will be considered as elite.

I know styles make fights, but RDA's besmirching of Cerrone, didn't make Robbie's close decision look all that flash..

You're missing my point, people just didn't know as much about fighting in 2003 as they do now. If you don't account for that we will have a new GOAT every few years. Jim Brown is widely considered the best football player of all time, do you think he was the same type of physical specimen as Adrian Peterson? No, but accounting for the time he had a more impressive career.

I think it's 80/20, but RDA could win; who knows where Robbie is at rn though honestly? He hasn't fought a top WW since getting KO'd by Woodley. Idk RDA's skills are certainly elite, I just think it's an uphill battle for him at WW. There are a couple like Till, and Woodley who I just know would smash him. Maybe he could be a top 5 guy though, we'll see.

<bball2>

\

You're missing my point, people just didn't know as much about fighting in 2003 as they do now. If you don't account for that we will have a new GOAT every few years. Jim Brown is widely considered the best football player of all time, do you think he was the same type of physical specimen as Adrian Peterson? No, but accounting for the time he had a more impressive career.

I think it's 80/20, but RDA could win; who knows where Robbie is at rn though honestly? He hasn't fought a top WW since getting KO'd by Woodley. Idk RDA's skills are certainly elite, I just think it's an uphill battle for him at WW. There are a couple like Till, and Woodley who I just know would smash him. Maybe he could be a top 5 guy though, we'll see.

BJ was damn slow compared to RDA and broke in every fight where the going got tough. He also never learned how to check kicks and you bet your ass he couldn't keep pace with RDA.

If BJ doesn't clip RDA early he's fucked

Speed wise BJ is faster, but the cardio and heavy wrestling and grappling would drain his tank.

Parillo turned Kailin Curran into a beast

against sean sherk, kenny florian, and diego sanchez.... lol

the only quality win BJ has to his name is Matt Hughes

Regardless of what your pitiful rationale, he still defended as opposed to your hero who has NEVER defended in either Cage Warriors or the UFC. That is fact.

Your join date and shit posting about BJ let me know how much you know about this sport.

Prime BJ would splatter RDA's face and then strangle him. Prime BJ gave GSP everything he could handle. Prime BJ dominated everyone at 155 with ease.

RDA is a great fighter, but BJ is a legend and one of the best ever. His record is not indicative of his greatness when he was on top.

(I'm a BJ hater)

Sadly most of these current "fans" really never saw BJ in his prime. They weren't around when he announced he was going to fight Matt Fucking Hughes, and most people thought he was crazy and was going to get rag dolled.

Back