bj penn vs ryan hall

I hope bj taps before his knee is shredded.

If this doesn't hit the ground I will lose my fucking shit.

Cro Cop vs Barry ening in sub, Barnette KOing Mir early, Ortega KOing Frankie early, and now this(if that happens) I will lose so much hope in fights similar.

Motivated, prepared BJ Penn?
Hall should be ready to bleeed!
The Progidy! <Goldie11>

Well it's not up to us, if BJ wants to fight and he's cleared to fight then so be it............ I am going to take it that you're not an old fart?

Actually I'm only a bit younger than BJ, so in lightweight MMA terms I'm well ensconced in 'old fart' territory.

BJ is one of my favorite fighters of all time, and I've been to Hilo multiple times over the years to visit his gym.

Personally I'd like to see an end to the practice of letting old fighters who clearly need to retire still take more brain trauma. Penn hasn't won a fight in 8 years, and he's taken some horrific beat downs. There is no reason for the UFC to book this stuff.

Actually I'm only a bit younger than BJ, so in lightweight MMA terms I'm well ensconced in 'old fart' territory.

BJ is one of my favorite fighters of all time, and I've been to Hilo multiple times over the years to visit his gym.

Personally I'd like to see an end to the practice of letting old fighters who clearly need to retire still take more brain trauma. Penn hasn't won a fight in 8 years, and he's taken some horrific beat downs. There is no reason for the UFC to book this stuff.

I understand what you are saying and I do agree but it's his life and who are we to judge, let's just hope for him and his family.........that his choices don't come at too much of a cost....

I'm looking forward to this fight to see both...

Would break my hesrt if BJ got tapped to some weird leg hold.

Anything but that.

Does Penn need money or does he feel he has something to prove? Really wondering what the *motivation* is?

I feel like I’m one of the very few who is looking forward to Hall’s return

I am too, I hope to see him get knocked out.

What's the risk to BJ in this fight, being old and leg locks.

i feel you guys on everything you said except ryan hall beating him...
i mean really? ryan hall? stylistically bj penn should annihilate this fuckin guy even at 40 yo
Well, BJ has loss his last 4 since 2011. His last loss was against Dennis Siver for crying out loud! His last win was in 2010, against Matt Hughes. Would be crazy to bet on him...

BJ Penn got his ass kicked by Dennis Siver. He's a complete shell of his former self and shame on his friends/family for not giving him the Rogan/Shaub talk. He's probably gonna get his shit pushed in again.

Hope its a nice grappling match, but I have a feeling BJ only wants to stand now days.

Hall is going to scissor BJ to a decision with all of his fancy 50/50 stuff.

I think BJ is going to be playing defense the entire night as Ryan will be hunting for leg locks constantly .

BJ Penn a lock in 2018

giphy.gif

I hope we see the return of tippy toes Penn
GOAT ridiculous MMA stance

Penn just lost to Siver.

I had to google that.

I was sure that BJ's last fight was against Yair, but nope, it was against Siver. I must've completely blocked that fight from my brain because I cannot remember it at all.

BJ is quickly becoming the saddest thing in MMA... Apart from Johnny Hendricks... And Stephan Bonnar... Jesus. MMA can get depressing as fighters get old.

bj is a lock to win this fight at least... right?
He's going to be completely dominated by Ryan Hall's kicking game, and if he gets it to the ground he'll be submitted, and quickly I bet. Horrible fight for Penn, much like all the others he's taken in the last 5 years.

Back