bj penn vs ryan hall

BJ told us to bet every penny we had on him against Yair.

Penn is 40 years old and his prime was a decade ago. The amount of mileage he has is ridiculous. He is no longer a UFC caliber fighter, so literally anyone deserving of a roster spot should beat him.

I honestly don't understand why he doesn't just do some grappling tournaments to compete and keep busy.

No he is not, but at least is unlikely that he will get his ass kicked very badly, at least I hope so

I feel like I’m one of the very few who is looking forward to Hall’s return

Penn is 40 years old and his prime was a decade ago. The amount of mileage he has is ridiculous. He is no longer a UFC caliber fighter, so literally anyone deserving of a roster spot should beat him.

I honestly don't understand why he doesn't just do some grappling tournaments to compete and keep busy.

I agree with this...

But I'd give him a chance against this guy... LOL
102359.jpg

BJ is still in love with his hands, he would probably be better served doing bare knuckle boxing, so he could lick someone else's blood off his knuckles.....

no offense to bj but the entire card looks like a joke when he is on it. why is he still doing this... is he broke?

BJ is still in love with his hands, he would probably be better served doing bare knuckle boxing, so he could lick someone else's blood off his knuckles.....

BJ just doesn't need anymore brain trauma, its really ridiculous to have these geriatric fighters still taking hits. Especially in the lower weight division which isn't full of old farts.

i feel you guys on everything you said except ryan hall beating him...
i mean really? ryan hall? stylistically bj penn should annihilate this fuckin guy even at 40 yo

I'm not betting on BJ beating anyone at this point, except CM punk.

As someone who bets a lot on UFC events, if hall is anything over a .5 for betting odds I'm probably putting a substantial amount of money on him. I think out of ten fights hall wins 9

BJ just doesn't need anymore brain trauma, its really ridiculous to have these geriatric fighters still taking hits. Especially in the lower weight division which isn't full of old farts.

Well it's not up to us, if BJ wants to fight and he's cleared to fight then so be it............ I am going to take it that you're not an old fart?

People always say "The last thing to go is the power" but BJ is Hawaiian and as such, the last thing to go is the chin, and that left town a few years ago, BJ needs to hang'em up.

To be fair, they probably wouldn't have sanctioned BJ vs Yair if BJ was in his prime.
BJ would have straight up murdered Yair in his prime.

BJ LW GOAT. (But Khabib is coming hard for that distinction)

To be fair, they probably wouldn't have sanctioned BJ vs Yair if BJ was in his prime.
Yair, in his prime, got wrecked by Frankie on the tail end of his career.

BJ in his prime - should have won the first and took the 2nd to a DEC.

Back