BJ Penn vs Eddie Alvarez in 2008-2009 - who would've won?

2008: BJ: Won UFC title, made Joe Daddy cry blood.
KTFOd Sherk.
2008; Eddie: Won Dream GP, lost to Aoki by sub.

2009: BJ: Lost to GreaseSP (to the death!), beat Florian and Sanchez
2009: Eddie: Won first Bellator GP

Who do you think would've won?

Eddie didn’t win the Dream GP. He made it to the finals but could not complete.

I think BJ beats Eddie. People complain Eddie is a brawler now. That was the height of his brawling style. He looks like a refined patient striker now compared to then.

No

You're just a fanboy

AllBiasNoMMA

I'm a fanboy cause I think Diego and Alvarez were similar level fighters in the mid to late 2000s but the match up favors Eddie? Really? Trying to discredit the person based on their username instead of what their saying is childish, and all it tells me is you can't debate what I said so you have to resort to name calling.

Grow up.

I'm a fanboy cause I think Diego and Alvarez were similar level fighters in the mid to late 2000s but the match up favors Eddie? Really? Trying to discredit the person based on their username instead of what their saying is childish, and all it tells me is you can't debate what I said so you have to resort to name calling.

Grow up.

Sanchez is on an entirely different level when it comes to top game on the ground

His chin is also next level. Eddie wont be cracking it

I'd Sanchez 30-27 maybe 29-28

Sanchez is on an entirely different level when it comes to top game on the ground

His chin is also next level. Eddie wont be cracking it

I'd Sanchez 30-27 maybe 29-28

Top game doesn't matter much if you can't take the other guy down. Eddie has better striking, more punching power and better wrestling.

30-27 or 29-28 Eddie IMO.

I can see Sanchez winning 29-28 but I think more often than not he loses that match up in 2008.

I think it would look kind of similar to Melendez vs Sanchez.

Back