BJ Penn vs. Dennis Siver Announced For UFC Fight Night Oklahoma City (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...johny-hendricks-tim-boetsch-ufc-oklahoma-city

As relayed on UFC Tonight, Penn will be staying at featherweight to take on Dennis Siver at UFC Fight Night in Oklahoma City on Sunday, June 25th. Also announced for the event is a middleweight bout between Johny Hendricks and Tim Boetsch. Neither Penn-Siver nor Hendricks-Boetsch will serve as the main event, but they will both be on the FS1-televised main card.

BJ gets the W.

Hendricks sticks his head in Boetsch's crotch for three rounds.

How's about you go fuck yourself

I've been a fan for years but if BJ can't he's done. Sometimes you have the dream go and trying to relive the past takes its toll .... on me at least.

Boetsch strong judo, Johny might hold him down but not against cage

No care about outcome of Penn fight. Just finished watching Yair clown him

SIver will make a model prisoner after he's convicted for cold blooded murder...

Jesus, Siver hasn't fought in nearly two years.

If Penn can't win this, I don't even know. That be beyond sad.

Tinkle Toes Penn gets da smackdown

Slob-dricks vs Boetsch = pick em

Fun fight. The only reason bj is fighting in the UFC now is because he puts bums in seats. Siver takes it.
I bet it's the UFC asking Penn to keep fighting as they're desperate for names right now.

I hope Penn pulls out all the stops. Brings jackson, wink, parillo, marinivich, all his brothers, his wife, daughters, mom, dad, tom, Ralph, and who ever else he needs (probably not dolce ) to a huge training camp and figures it all out. Walks out to Hawaii 78 and A country boy can survive while getting a piggy back from Matt Hughes. Bell rings and he runs across the cage and knocks Silver out in 30 seconds. Dreams can come true. They can

I've been a fan for years but if BJ can't he's done. Sometimes you have the dream go and trying to relive the past takes its toll .... on me at least.
If? Really? BJ has been done since 2010! He is so delusional, I bet he thinks Yair got lucky! It's one thing not to win in 7 years but not being able to even be competitive when your moniker is The Prodigy, now that's the real shame!

I guess we can safely say that BJ is the puppet of his emotions...
ic6cHeE.jpg

And Yair's puppet too!

I wish bj would do steroids like a normal fighter

Jesus Christ Bj, oh no, what is you doin baby

Really BJ? What the fuck are you doing? What happened in your last fight that made you think you needed to do another???

If? Really? BJ has been done since 2010! He is so delusional, I bet he thinks Yair got lucky! It's one thing not to win in 7 years but not being able to even be competitive when your moniker is The Prodigy, now that's the real shame!

I guess we can safely say that BJ is the puppet of his emotions...
ic6cHeE.jpg

And Yair's puppet too!

Maybe true but I've seen enough "sure things" to know there's no sure thing. Let's keep it real, he's not fighting a young killer on the way up either.

As for his prodigy moniker. I rate BJ in the p4p best of ratings, same for sakaraba, Edgar or any other who used their style across multiple weight categories. Everyone craps on about a fighter being p4p best because they think his style would do well against different sizes. With these guys you know because they have, look through BJ's fights and as importantly his and his opponents fight skill time period and his skillset was up there.

Not any more maybe but time has no friends and one day today's favourite will be tomorrows fool. Welcome to the fight game

Siver via wheelkick hopefully

Maybe true but I've seen enough "sure things" to know there's no sure thing. Let's keep it real, he's not fighting a young killer on the way up either.

As for his prodigy moniker. I rate BJ in the p4p best of ratings, same for sakaraba, Edgar or any other who used their style across multiple weight categories. Everyone craps on about a fighter being p4p best because they think his style would do well against different sizes. With these guys you know because they have, look through BJ's fights and as importantly his and his opponents fight skill time period and his skillset was up there.

Not any more maybe but time has no friends and one day today's favourite will be tomorrows fool. Welcome to the fight game
Granted. His moniker was plenty deserved, no question there. He's the poster boy of the fast road to success, but he's also the poster boy for incredible shortcomings in the limelight. It's undeniable.

BJ's rapid ascent to BJJ then MMA fame inflated his head so much, he became delusional. I place the threshold to insanity after his Matt Hughes win. We can all agree on that: he was ready to fight the whole MMA roster, all weight included on the same night after that. While that is commendable, it is also highly delusional...

I can admire brashness but I despise shortcuts. BJ was ready to fight Fedor on a "Just Scrap" mentality with a "Just Crap" game plan. He was like that: "no need to train hard, I'm the Prodigay BJ "baby Jay" Penn baby! IV's are for wimps, weight cutters suck, none can do what I do."

Ends up suspended for IVs, cutting to 145 and utterly fail, miserably. Face the facts: BJ might have been done for longer than 7 years: I think he was done after that historic Win!

bj-penn-chokes-hughes.jpg

J/k of course, but you get my point: BJ's delusion of grandeur sealed his fate. The rest is becoming a re-writing of UFC history and the conclusion to his legacy. Hall of Famers don't come back to get destroyed again and again. They're supposed to have the dignity to step back and enjoy the walk into the sunrise.

Let's hope he can keep some dignity after Siver tramples him...

Back