BJ Penn moved up in Weight and beat the #1 P4P fighter

These other 2 division champs beat bums lol Big Tim? Bisping? little Eddie?

Even Hendo beat Wand when he was past his prime. He had lost to Hunt, Arona and almost got his headkicked off my Cro Cop just 5 months before the fight. Hendo beat damaged goods.

BJ beat prime Hughes ranked #1 p4p. During his prime, BJ was on another level compared to everyone else.

There weren’t as many fighters around back then. Especially in weight classes below 200 lbs.

Pretty much everyone who competed below 200 lbs was “Top 10”.

But yes, BJ truly was great.

You sound like you started watching MMA 12 minutes ago. At the point in time that BJ Penn took that WW belt Mr. Hughes was nigh invincible and on a very lengthy undefeated streak with multiple title defenses. BJ would have been his 14th consecutive win.
Yeah that doesnt make him #1 p4p..

Pretty sure it was Kid at that time

"Bj beat Machida"

"Bj beat gsp"

Oh boy I see Penn fans are back in full effect

<Lmaoo>

what the fuck kind of bullshit reasoning is this? he got beat by a lightweight, his title reign would have ended when it did regardless.

#1: Penn vs Edgar 1 was one of the worst robberies of all time.

#2: Penn had already fought all over the board at that time, and never truly invested himself into the LW division. I’m saying if he never took all of those fights at WW and above.

What exactly is the argument that he beat GSP in the first fight? Penn won the first round because he poked GSP in the eye and GSP could not see. Then he CLEARLY lost rounds 2 and 3. Its only "controversial" because Penn fans were insane and Cecil Peoples is the joke of the MMA world
He won the first because he shattered the fuck out of GSP’s nose dude. GSP’s face was a mess that whole fight. First time he faced real adversity in a fight other than tapping to Hughes’ armbar. When he came out and put BJ on his ass in rounds 2 and 3, I was shocked. It was the moment I knew he wouldn’t just be a champion, but one of the all-time greats of our sport.

Yeah... pretty sure you are lying
Nope, he definitely was around the time he lost to RDA the second time, and I’m pretty sure he stayed there tor a while until he lost to Masvidal.

I provided a p4p reference from the time period where Hughes was tied with Fedor as #1.
Problem is...it´s not really a "knowledgeable" list, its what people call a "stat" P4P list.

Then they became boyzzz...

Matt-Hughes-And-BJ-Penn-On-Bike.jpg
It’s kinda cool that people can make a career outta brutalizing each other then become friends

#1: Penn vs Edgar 1 was one of the worst robberies of all time.

#2: Penn had already fought all over the board at that time, and never truly invested himself into the LW division. I’m saying if he never took all of those fights at WW and above.
stfu positive balance lol

Bj at one point was other worldly. Besides the first Pulver fight and the draw against Uno he was untouchable.

He really was that good.

Wasn't he basically a self made camp too? I don't recall him training with any crazy camps.

All the talent in the world but laziness and yes men were his downfall. BJ will always be a "what could've been" for me. I liked his "I'll fight anyone" mentality, but when MMA became about game plans and all that, it seemed like he couldn't find his niche. And then when he was robbed against Franky, things went south fast.

Anyone that’s been watching MMA for more than 5 years remembers him for the Legend he is. That fight doesn’t even come to mind when I think of Penn.

The mind often blocks traumatic events......such as tippy toes Penn.

Bj at one point was other worldly. Besides the first Pulver fight and the draw against Uno he was untouchable.

He really was that good.

Wasn't he basically a self made camp too? I don't recall him training with any crazy camps.

nah, he trained w Frank shamrock and AKA

These other 2 division champs beat bums lol Big Tim? Bisping? little Eddie?

Even Hendo beat Wand when he was past his prime. He had lost to Hunt, Arona and almost got his headkicked off my Cro Cop just 5 months before the fight. Hendo beat damaged goods.

BJ beat prime Hughes ranked #1 p4p. During his prime, BJ was on another level compared to everyone else.
U my friend I agree with

Back