BJ Penn is not the LW GOAT

JonesBonesJonny

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who has he beat? He hasn't even won a fight in years. He fought in a weak era while Bendo and RDA fought killers. Prime BJ wouldn't last in today's lightweight division

Last edited:
Well in a few years, someone will say Bendo and RDA's era was weak in comparison to what will be considered the current era.

So no one is the GOAT. Move on with your life.

Uno
Thomas
Serra
Ludwig fight was at WW like Nate vs Conor was at WW
Gomi
Pulver
Stevenson
Sherk
Florian
Diego

That being said, of all the divisions GOATs, BJ's status as the LW GOAT is the most debatable with competitors like Gomi Edgar and Bendo

Khabib will solve that 'who is the best LW' discussion anyway.

WTF ?

I have no use at all for Penn. But I respect what he did in the octagon. And if he isn't the GOAT so far... I'm not sure who would be.

I'd like to hear of any other candidates. And I'd like to hear an argument to back it up.

Who has he beat? He hasn't even won a fight in years. He fought in a weak era while Bendo and RDA fought killers. Prime BJ wouldn't last in today's lightweight division
BJ is the LW goat while Bendo and RDA are different era Lightweights. The LWs who BJ fought were the best LWs of that era. BJ is the Goat in the same way Anderson was the Goat and Jones is the current Goat. You cant look back and say who has BJ fought, because the Lws BJ fought were the best LWs at that time.

GOAT stands for greatest of all time, not greatest of this era. BJ's current slump has no effect on his incredibly dominant win streak against the best LWs the UFC could throw at him during that time, and I have not seen a more dominant LW champ since then...

Uno
Thomas
Serra
Ludwig fight was at WW like Nate vs Conor was at WW
Gomi
Pulver
Stevenson
Sherk
Florian
Diego

That being said, of all the divisions GOATs, BJ's status as the LW GOAT is the most debatable with competitors like Gomi Edgar and Bendo
hey..

BJ beatin twice HOF one of the ATG WW... is more than any other LW from any other era could do

So BJ's peers recognize him as the GOAT, but n00b TS does not.

Gee, I wonder who has more credibility...

In retrospect it's always easy to diminish the results of a great champion. You had to see it back then to understand what a special fighter he was...

Penn's victories against Pulver, Stevenson, Sherk, Florian and Sanchez were amazing. He totally dominated before finishing them i violent fashion.

I really don't like the idea of Penn making another comeback - but a motivated Penn in his prime was dangerous everywhere and incredibly tough...

Moving up in weight to beat Hughes - one of the greats - is a fantastic achievement. Then again, you have to understand how special Hughes was.

Yes, because that's how we rate guys pushing 40. How they have performed lately.

original.gif

The biggest coward on Sherdog is also the biggest idiot.

JonesBonesJonny - when he's not hiding like a bitch, he's making a succession of the worst threads and post imaginable.

Back