BJ Penn is 16-10-2

BJ Penn is the type of fighter that you need to actually watch all his fights and understand the context of them in order to appreciate his career and understand why he has such a massive fanbase.

While he is definitely not the greatest fighter of all time, what he's done inside the ring/cage certainly deserve respect from MMA fans.

Don't feed the trolls. They just want attention, and ignoring them is their worst nightmare.

Chuck, Tito and BJ all started in the UFC so they didn't have much room to fight 1-0 guys. Prolly not a coincidence that numbers-wise their records don't look that great (idk if Chuck's is as bad tho)

He was a rich boy who got to do what he wanted which all of us cant relate to.

He always gassed
He quit in ring and didnt answer the bell
He talks alot of shit
He lost to frankie edgar that is a midget 3 times

There is so many more things with bj

And with randy, its easy to win titles when youre given free title shots.

The funny thing about this is that while posting from my phone it shows no belt colours. After reading most of your posts, I'm just going to assume you're all white belts

The 1st win over Hughes is the foundation for BJ's reputation, the Sherk win is good and BJ may have been his best in the 1st loss to GSP, that's it.
Saying he is not top fifty is a bit extreme at this point . This is a young sport though and BJ doesn't have a strong enough legacy to remain an all time great imo.

That's rediculous. I mean, the guy wanted to challenge outside of his weight class and happened to challenge the two top WW of all time and even Machida. The guy really took on all comers and that's why he lost so much. Guys like BJ are few. He risked more than most fighters just to test himself. This thread is terrible

Like I said, if Penn would've stayed in the UFC his whole career and only fought at LW his record would be closer to Anderson Silva's. Like 25-5 or 26-6, something like that. And don't forget he wasted Gomi.
I agree. Probably the most insignificant fight he had was his first fight against Joey Gilbert. Gilbert didn't have a successful mma career but he was a pretty good grappler, ADCC placer, and wrestler, 2x all-american, 3rd and either a 5th or 6th finish; most guys now wouldn't take that as their first pro fight.

And went after Ludwig.

yea, that random brazilian/russian dude with 20-0 is obviously a better fighter

Back