BJ Penn is 12-11 in the UFC..

Nope, not a noob at all, been watching for years. What's so great about him? No cardio at all, mediocre striking. Has been dominated multiple times

By years, you mean the last couple years right?

Because the rest of your post suggests you're a total noob to this sport. Just because you watch MMA doesn't mean you know anything about it.

By years, you mean the last couple years right?

Because the rest of your post suggests you're a total noob to this sport. Just because you watch MMA doesn't mean you know anything about it.

I know plenty

People act like BJ Penn was amazing... he wasn't amazing. That's all

I know plenty

People act like BJ Penn was amazing... he wasn't amazing. That's all

Penn was the second person to win belts in two divisions. He was as dominant of a LW champ as any have been before or since. And he smashed a defending champ (and an all-time GOAT) to win the WW belt back in the day.

If you saw Penn fight in his day, you'd think he was amazing too, as did everyone. Penn was head and shoulders beyond where his competition was back in the day.

This is why it's easy to sport you as a new fan. You clearly were not watching MMA during Penn's glory days, or else you're criticisms would make sense. They don't as is.

Yeah, but at his peak more than half of his losses were at welterweight or above which is something modern fans who suck McGregor's dick for fighting Diaz twice will never really understand.

Just goes to show how meaningless records are.

Meaning what? That is he is one of the all time greats in spite of it? I really never got all the BJ hype. Good fighter and talented, but inconsistent even in his heyday. His longest wining streak in the UFC was 4. That's it 4 wins. Went up and down in weight a lot to challenge himself which is commendable but the success did not really follow. Other than his upset win over Hughes, not much else to point too. It was always "BJ is capable of doing this and that" That is all I heard going into the GSP rematch that BJ was in shape and would whip his ass now. Like most of BJ's fights, it was a lot of hype and talk..

It was once said that prime bj penn planted the first flag on the moon, and he jumped onto the spaceship from 4ft of water..crazy atheltiscm.

Prime penn was also a five star chef, he made the best meals, and was able to cook steak just using the fire from his fighting spirit.

Not very well known but prime penn, actually beat mike Tyson in a street fight, and after mike was rendered unconscious, he stitched mikes ear back toghether after prime penn bit It off, he also fixed mikes jaw....because prime penn was also a doctor, one of the worlds best doctors, well in his prime that is.
He did the first brain transplant of the machine that he developed, because prime penn was also the country's leading engineer, desgined the worlds first time machine, but it was never completed because he woke up one day.......out of his prime.
If only he finished the time machine so he can go back in time and actually put some effort into his career so his fans don't need to make excuses for him...

Rip prime penn
The worlds best doctor, engineer, and first man to land on The moon while jumping out of a swinming pool

It was once said that prime bj penn planted the first flag on the moon, and he jumped onto the spaceship from 4ft of water..crazy atheltiscm.

Prime penn was also a five star chef, he made the best meals, and was able to cook steak just using the fire from his fighting spirit.

Not very well known but prime penn, actually beat mike Tyson in a street fight, and after mike was rendered unconscious, he stitched mikes ear back toghether after prime penn bit It off, he also fixed mikes jaw....because prime penn was also a doctor, one of the worlds best doctors, well in his prime that is.
He did the first brain transplant of the machine that he developed, because prime penn was also the country's leading engineer, desgined the worlds first time machine, but it was never completed because he woke up one day.......out of his prime.
If only he finished the time machine so he can go back in time and actually put some effort into his career so his fans don't need to make excuses for him...

Rip prime penn
The worlds best doctor, engineer, and first man to land on The moon while jumping out of a swinming pool

Funny but honestly not far off. BJ was always hype, hype, hype. And when he lost it was always excuses. The first Edgar fight is a clear example. All I heard was that he was robbed, with his fans not even acknowledging the closeness of the fight. BJ was supposed to run through him. In the rematch a 31 year old BJ was destroyed. 31. Sorry he is not an all time great..

Funny but honestly not far off. BJ was always hype, hype, hype. And when he lost it was always excuses. The first Edgar fight is a clear example. All I heard was that he was robbed, with his fans not even acknowledging the closeness of the fight. BJ was supposed to run through him. In the rematch a 31 year old BJ was destroyed. 31. Sorry he is not an all time great..
I think he's great in terms of his fighting spirit, willing to fight bigger dudes ect.

But i tend to agree, edgar beat him twice in his prime, edgar is more of a great imo, because he too fought bigger guys, and he still has the longevity to show.

Achievement cannot be erased. Every fighter is trash in the end, means very little to the informed.

He had a great run at a past era in mma.. that's about it..

He truly is the "worst of the best".

Overrated. Whenever he stepped up he got his ass beat. Just pathetic work ethic. How do you get whooped by Dennis Siver after dropping him? He clearly has the natural skills but does not have the work ethic and mental toughness.

And don't give me that he is old. Siver is also 38 years old. Just flat out quit in the 3rd round after seeing Siver was still standing. Pathetic performance by Penn.

Honestly, he was a very "talented" fighter but not a great total package. He was a great fighter if he was beating you from pillar to post, but the minute anyone put the heat on him he would always....ALWAYS collapse. The definition of a front runner.

Back