Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered

Well, here is the thing. The backpack of belongings and the shoe with the foot still in it was found at a distance estimated to be 12 hours away. The 911 calls make it even more unlikely that it was an animal attack because they occurred for days. Had they been attacked and killed there would be no 911 calls. If only one of them was attacked, why didn't the other just go back and get help? The series of photos 8 days after they went missing is also strange.

Check out this map of where they found the backpacks and bones. If map is too small to read try this link.
http://mostlymystery.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/enhanced-sinaproc-search-map.jpg

enhanced-sinaproc-search-map.jpg

Totally agree, if a big cat attacked, it can only kill one person at one time, the other would've fled. Total bullshit, as is the river scenario. They were definitely murdered IMO, but the whole situation is really odd. They were definitely trying to raise alarms with the phonecalls etc but why wouldn't the kidnapper take their phones?! Surely that's the first thing you would do if you kidnapped two women? Take anything they could use to communicate with the outside world? Really baffling case, one of the only ones I've read where I've come away without a concrete idea of what I thought happened!

...why wouldn't the kidnapper take their phones?! Surely that's the first thing you would do if you kidnapped two women? Take anything they could use to communicate with the outside world?

Unless the perp(s) had never seen a phone and didn't comprehend the technology.

Also, check out the Missing 411 series by David Paulides.

Last edited:

I listened to a podcast about this a few months back, it was fucking engrossing, awesome shit to listen to. So weird.

I've seen my fair share of blood and guts in my life but that as a parent the Tara calico photo disturbs me. Anything involving kids is extra troublesome.

He just released the fifth book in the 411 series - 'A Sobering Coincidence'

Fascinating stuff, gentlemen. Absolutely bone chilling.

The thing that gets me the most is that a lot of these things could happen to any of us, but who ever really thinks it's going to be them?

Read several articles linked here, now watching Megan is missing. Keep em coming.

I haven't read any details beyond the posts in this thread and I'm still freaked out. Scary shit

For me this thread begins and ends with DB Cooper. Thats a crazy story.

http://culturecrossfire.com/etc/uns...les-of-the-missing-and-murdered/#.Vd81fvZViko

Five tales of bizarre cases of people who have gone missing, murdered or both. From serial killers to hippies who vanished in a supernatural glow, the stories vary from tragic to mesmerizing

Solid read. That 1st one is pretty fucked up.

The Hippy one sounds pretty conclusive tho imo, dudes got burnt up by the lightening. Is normal.

And I read the link to the German farm murders in the 20's.. meh, sounds like they caught the guy but let him go due to lack of evidence.

For me, HH Holmes (potentially 1st serial killer in America's history and some believe he could have been Jack the Ripper as well):

Herman Webster Mudgett (May 16, 1861 – May 7, 1896), better known under the name of Dr. Henry Howard Holmes or just H. H. Holmes, was one of the first documented serial killers in the modern sense of the term.[1][2] In Chicago at the time of the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition, Holmes opened a hotel which he had designed and built for himself specifically with murder in mind, and which was the location of many of his murders. While he confessed to 27 murders, of which nine were confirmed, his actual body count could be over 200.[3] He brought an unknown number of his victims to his World's Fair Hotel, located about 3 miles (4.8 km) west of the fair, which was held in Jackson Park.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes

H.H. Holmes Was Jack The Ripper? Great-Great-Great-Grandson Of Chicago Serial Killer Floats Theory

Holmes, who admitted to killing 27 people in the late 1890s, also apparently had a similar modus operandi to Jack the Ripper. After killing his victims, Holmes would dissect the corpses, selling the skeletons to medical schools, according to the Daily Mail.

One handwriting analyst fed the two samples into a computer program that determined there was a 97.95 percent chance the samples are a match..

The Chicago Sun Times reports that Holmes allegedly traveled to London in 1888, the year of the Ripper's murders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/hh-holmes-was-jack-the-ripper_n_2231896.html

Back