Bivol to fight in December, Jack or Smith Jr. likely next opponents

Jack said his manager is trying to get a big fight for him. Maybe Co Main for Stevenson/Gvozdyk

Last edited:
Love the mentality of all 3 guys, all 3 are wanting big fights

well, this is a disappointing turn. Oh well, as long as we get that Alvarez//Kovalev II winner fight, it doesn't matter.

well, this is a disappointing turn. Oh well, as long as we get that Alvarez//Kovalev II winner fight, it doesn't matter.

Why? Joe Smith Jr is a quality opponent and in exciting fights. Lost to Barrera mainly due to not being able to deal with pain of a broken jaw after the second round and got worked after it. I understand Jack is coming off a draw with Stevenson, but this is a quality fight.

Why? Joe Smith Jr is a quality opponent and in exciting fights. Lost to Barrera mainly due to not being able to deal with pain of a broken jaw after the second round and got worked after it. I understand Jack is coming off a draw with Stevenson, but this is a quality fight.
we, I don't think much of Smith to be honest. Big puncher, not much else, certainly less salivating than a showdown with Jack, whom Bivol has a bit of a narrative with anyhow. STill, He's ranked in the top 10 of most independent ranking organizations though, so it's ok I guess. Probably one of the better opponents he will have faced so far.

It's not a terrible fight, but he's a step down from Bivol's last two opponents, whereas Jack would have been a step up.

Shame we dont get him vs Jack. Though its probably good for Jack lol.

Absolutely. Hes game.
the story would be good too. Networks would bring up that Jack vacated his WBA title to face Stevenson with accusations of ducking being heard in the audience. Not that I think he did, Jack has never been one to show fear of good competition. But it would add to the narrative.

It's not a terrible fight, but he's a step down from Bivol's last two opponents, whereas Jack would have been a step up.
At least Smith Jr has accomplished more at LHW than Jack has. I don't see how it's a step down. Jack got a draw against Stevenson and a win over Cleverly who was already damaged goods. At least Smith Jr. was the only man to stop B-Hop and has a win over Fonfara (who was coming off a fight giving Stevenson all he could handle, dropping him in the 9th. Also had just beat Chavez Jr, Cleverly, and would beat Chad Dawson after).

I don't see it as a step down.

At least Smith Jr has accomplished more at LHW than Jack has. I don't see how it's a step down. Jack got a draw against Stevenson and a win over Cleverly who was already damaged goods. At least Smith Jr. was the only man to stop B-Hop and has a win over Fonfara (who was coming off a fight giving Stevenson all he could handle, dropping him in the 9th. Also had just beat Chavez Jr, Cleverly, and would beat Chad Dawson after).

I don't see it as a step down.

Barrera handled Smith Jr. pretty convincingly in a fight where was saw his very clear limitations. It's hard to see how he wouldn't be a step down from Barrera in light of that fight, and I think most would argue that Chilemba is a tougher out than Smith Jr., as well (I'd be pretty confident in Chilemba beating Smith Jr.).

I'm not saying it's a waste of a fight, but Jack would definitely be the more interesting opponent.

Barrera handled Smith Jr. pretty convincingly in a fight where was saw his very clear limitations. It's hard to see how he wouldn't be a step down from Barrera in light of that fight, and I think most would argue that Chilemba is a tougher out than Smith Jr., as well (I'd be pretty confident in Chilemba beating Smith Jr.).

I'm not saying it's a waste of a fight, but Jack would definitely be the more interesting opponent.
Also, how well would even Stevenson stand up to any opponent if he had a broken jaw in the second round? I'm not saying Smith Jr. didn't get beat convincingly, he did, but it happens. And I've seen nothing from Jack at LHW that suggests he can be any serious threat to the title. He got clearly out classed for 6 rounds by Stevenson until he gassed and then put in some work against a 40 year old who fights once a year. At least Smith Jr. stopped a guy that Stevenson blatantly ducked

I like Joe Smith Jr.
Hope he beats Bivols ass.

A stay busy fight I guess. Hopefully the top names in this division start fighting each other soon here. Bivol vs Alvarez or Beterbiev will hopefully happen in the first half of next year.

I like Joe Smith Jr.
Hope he beats Bivols ass.
You may like JSJ, that is your right. But he's gonna get spanked.

Doesn't matter though. Broner will beat both of them on the same night. They're all just scared of AB.

Back