Bitcoin dropped close to $600 in just 15 minutes of trading.

ConnorMacGregod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was monitoring it how it was going and at the highest point it was at about $7800 and then 15 minutes later it went to $7200. Holy crap is that volatile. Imagine if the largest share holders ever decides to hold, we are screwed.

TLDR

"Help me Sherdog , I lost $242 ........whattammagonnado??????"

"Did I mention that I have 25k in an index fund? Cuz ive got 25 k in an index fund"

TLDRTLDR

TS is still poor.

TLDR

"Help me Sherdog , I lost $242 ........whattammagonnado??????"

"Did I mention that I have 25k in an index fund? Cuz ive got 25 k in an index fund"

TLDRTLDR

TS is still poor.

That sounds nothing like me. And you seemed mad, why do you sound mad in all posts directed at me Al?

Where are all you poor people coming from?

Just make real money.

Fascinating. You must be a VP at Goldman Sachs.

Stop-loss hunters gonna hunt. Don't be greedy and they can't get you. Place limit-buys to take advantage.

sucker, my extensive dogecoin collection remains up .003% this month.

play short and you almost always lose. investment is a patient man's game.

I was monitoring it how it was going and at the highest point it was at about $7800 and then 15 minutes later it went to $7200. Holy crap is that volatile. Imagine if the largest share holders ever decides to hold, we are screwed.

The only thing making bitcoin valuable is because other people want it. But there is nothing backing it like say US Dollars that are government backed.

There is a guy who invested late in pet rocks with a quarry in his basement.

The only thing making bitcoin valuable is because other people want it. But there is nothing backing it like say US Dollars that are government backed.

There is a guy who invested late in pet rocks with a quarry in his basement.

There's more than the reason 'because people want it'. There is a finite amount (21 million BTC) and unlike Gold who's price can decrease / increase when more is added to the market, that won't happen with Bitcoin.

There's something really interesting that has happened today. Bitcoin was supposed to have a Hard Fork sometime next week and it was called off today due to a 'vote'. I believe some of the developers wanted to take Bitcoin in another direction. So what happened was that many people started to pull the money they have invested into their Alt coins and put them into BTC for the free split. This sunk the alt coin market. When news broke that the 2x was off, all of a sudden the alt coin's jumped dramatically in price. So there's a chance many people bet on the hard fork because they were going to get a free coin once BTC split and ended up losing their stake in the alt coin market for nothing while BTC is staying at somewhat of a steady price ( +/- $7500). Kind of shady, but who's going to arrest them?

Edit: I did read about some guy who dropped $85k on the Segwit2x future coins. I think he paid a little less than $1000 for each because he thought that the 2x would eventually be the 'real bitcoin'. Don't bet on futures in a market that no one really knows how / what / why / when anything is happening. Insane.

Last edited:
play short and you almost always lose. investment is a patient man's game.

This.

I was late to the Bitcoin game. I bought in early August and have just been sitting on it. Currently have .328 BTC. More than doubled my money thus far. Still waiting for the next dip to load up as I only put in around $1,200.

This.

I was late to the Bitcoin game. I bought in early August and have just been sitting on it. Currently have .328 BTC. More than doubled my money thus far. Still waiting for the next dip to load up as I only put in around $1,200.

Nice! Same here. I've got quite a bit invested in different coins. I'm really hoping LTC will take off. For some reason I will like it.

Nice! Same here. I've got quite a bit invested in different coins. I'm really hoping LTC will take off. For some reason I will like it.

Own just under 5 LTC and about .48 ETH. Neither have done shit since I bought but I'm hopeful. But, I have so little invested that I am just hoping for a longshot explosion like BTC.

I'm balls deep in eth and it's been a bit of a disappointing ride these last few months. I should've bought BTC instead

Own just under 5 LTC and about .48 ETH. Neither have done shit since I bought but I'm hopeful. But, I have so little invested that I am just hoping for a longshot explosion like BTC.

Well I think in June/July there was a massive BTC / LTC / ETH crash and that's when I bought in. I got ETH at $250 and LTC at $42. Both great prices to buy, especially LTC considering it's ATH hit around $90+. I picked up BTC at $2500 which was a steal and I bought some more at $3900. Holding is the name of the game. I've been burned trying to day trade. I also have ARK / NEO / STRAT / DNT. I got roasted on the DNT and might just cut my losses but my biggest loss was BAT. I think I lost about $300.

One day of volatility doesn’t mean shit. Bitcoin has crashed several times in the past and will probably have a monumental crash sometime in the next couple years. But guess what? I don’t give a shit because my Bitcoin and Litecoin are long term investments. I’m holding them for at least 10 years before I will decide to sell. Checking the price daily will only drive you crazy.

inb4 fiats lovers.. oh wait.. they are already here.

TS, iirc, you made a thread weeks ago about buying BTC and when people asked some questions you seems to know nothing about it. @SwamiLeoni gave detail reason what caused the dip in post 13. It's because of the postponed/canceled Segwit2x.

Either go altcoins or hold for longer term. The dip have not ended, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back