Bitcoin currency of the future?

A buddy trades. He has been telling me to buy bitcoin but, the transfer of it is very slow. I am sure 2.0 will go faster but, that is where i see its weakness atm. I don't know it well enough to drop a lot of money on it and I see it as flawed until it can be transferred quicker.

I have money on Bitcoin, Etherium and Digibytes, all are doing really well. I wish my house would sell so I could invest some serious money on it.

Anyone looking to join coinbase which is basically the main app / website to buy you can follow the link below and we both get a free $10 / £7 when you join and transfer your first 100.

https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d91cd4a53baa3e858b9f53

Google is your friend for all your questions.

Can someone explain to me what ethereum is all about. I read a lengthy description, but is still seemed rather nebulous to me.

I regret not mining bitcoin early on, but don't we all?

Its still early on in the scheme on things, imagine where it will be in 5 years.

@mr.bigglesworth posted some interesting thoughts on this shit the other week, so I ended up buying some Ethereum last week. Pretty impressed with the results so far. Steady growth but obviously gonna stick around long term see where it goes

You gotta find a trading broker ts. I'm on Quadriga. I had to do some ID verification and that took a few days to process (Send them a pic of some ID and a pic of you holding that ID). Then you just throw some money into your acct (You can do this a number of ways depending on how much you want to invest)

I thought one of the benefits to some of this stuff was the ability to remain anonymous (ala Silk Road etc) while conducting transactions? Seems totally the opposite if you have to go thru all that to invest or get started.

That's all speculation.

It will only truly be worth something when it has economies/governments backing it (sadly).

And I mean serious 1st world backing, not Buttfuckistahn or BuFu.

Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, ZCash, Monero is a free-market's wet dream. A truly decentralized form of currency. But it's doubtful a country won't maintain some form of central authority over their own digital currency. Which means decentralized global currencies will remain popular.

How would they gain control over it?

Don't worry about copycats. Bitcoin is the standard based on the technology. I'd rather not explain it because it takes a while, but you don't need to worry. Volatility is the concern.

Not to my knowledge. You can get Bitcoin in lots of places though.

Please feel free to take your time to explain

It will only truly be worth something when it has economies/governments backing it (sadly).

And I mean serious 1st world backing, not Buttfuckistahn or BuFu.

It went from pennies to 2850 dollars...

I thought one of the benefits to some of this stuff was the ability to remain anonymous (ala Silk Road etc) while conducting transactions? Seems totally the opposite if you have to go thru all that to invest or get started.
The biggest value to this technology isn't the currency, but the technology behind what makes a blockchain.

But there are blockchains with coins which focus on anonymity such as zcash and monero.

I bought $7500 worth of etherium a few weeks back when I saw a post on Here about it. It was @ $185 then, now it's about $275.
Nice man. Gotta love that 50% gain. But don't forget to pay your damn cap gains taxes!

Read Revelation.

981988.gif

credit cards are already a type of "internet currency" It is electronic form of payment. And so is online banking bill pay. Our "currency" is already not backed by anything and is totally imagined.

Back