Bitcoin currency of the future?

If you're not retiring next year, I wouldn't micro-manage this stuff.

I wouldn't say that is micro managing. He just trying to time the market.

Asset allocation is a much stronger driver of returns than security selection.

You've got to research research research. There is a bubble. The bubble is this massive amount of coins. However, some of these coins are going to succeed. It's not just going to be one.

Some questions you need to ask yourself when investing in an altcoin

1) Does this new coin fill a need that others don't?
1a) Is there high demand for that need/niche?

2) Who's behind the coin? The CEO, the devs, the marketing team.

3) What's their business strategy?

4) Where are they at in their development? Have they launched a working platform? Are they still in their conceptual phase with no product? Do they have a beta out?

5) What's the community consensus around "insert coin here"?

With your example of litecoin vs ripple, ripple is a crypto for financial instituions to provide instant liquidity between them with no fees. It's not really meant for retail consumers. Litecoin is a superior version of bitcoin in that it's designed for the individual user, is nearly instant and has low fees.

Power Ledger (POWR) is going to be a currency tied into the emerging smart energy power grid for buying, selling and trading renewable energy. Don't ask me how it works, I don't know. lol.

Substratum (SUB) is trying to build a decentralized internet where people that host their network get paid in SUB for the use of their computer's resources. People use the SUB coin for access to a decentralized internet that cannot be censored or controlled.

IOTA is the next evolution of block-chain in that it makes the block-chain obsolete and is not actually a block-chain. It is instant and has no fees. The developers are based in Berlin. The company wants IOTA to eventually be used as the currency for the internet of things.

Ethereum is a decentralized app building platform, with ether being the fuel used to power the network.

What I'm getting at here is these coins arent just made for the purpose of currency. They have different tech behind them and are seeking different market niches. Be wary of a new coin where its only goal is to be used as currency.

Thanks for that.

Gold has been widely invested in as a commodity for like thousands of years. I wouldn't even compare it to bitcoin, and in terms of value it's nothing like bitcoin as it has remained largely stable for hundreds of years.

I didn't compare it beyond saying its only slightly more useful. Which is true. If it wasn't shiny it would be sold by the kg. Both do next to nothing for you except if they can be sold to someone else for more than you paid.

No doubts your money is vastly safer in gold but its just convention that gives it such value.

Its a bit saddening to think of the extensive destruction of the planet carried out for nothing more than shiny things.

I didn't compare it beyond saying its only slightly more useful. Which is true. If it wasn't shiny it would be sold by the kg. Both do next to nothing for you except if they can be sold to someone else for more than you paid.

No doubts your money is vastly safer in gold but its just convention that gives it such value.

Its a bit saddening to think of the extensive destruction of the planet carried out for nothing more than shiny things.

The planet and people alike. Pretty much everything here on our earth is secondary to the priority of money and power for the ruling class.

I was getting my hair cut on Saturday and my barber was talking non-stop about how he's making a killing on cryptocurrencies and how it will be the future. Dude took out a loan from the bank to invest into Ethereum and Iota and said he made $50k already. He's absolutely convinced this gig is going to make him into a millionaire by next year. It's bordering on fanaticism.

I'm about to drop some money in Vechain, Request Net, Enigma, NEO, Tron, and Agrello.

My small investment of $500 in ethereum last week has went up to $643, which is nice.

I think a lot of people are going to be in shock when blockchain technology becomes integrated into society. It's revolutionary but to niche markets thus reducing its potential disruption. The currency side absolutely will not have the same value as gold or existing paper currencies- it would mean one or both of the latter two would have to dramatically reduce in usefulness. There will be a handful of winners- most prominently being top crypto/blockchain minds.

It really will depend on existing corporate power players and banks as well as what the masses choose to accept.

I agree, blockchain technology is here to stay. But I'm still not convinced bitcoin is here to stay as a currency. I know it has skyrocketed in value, but it's more of a store of value and an investment (speculation) than a currency. It's an asset. As a currency I see a lot of problems with it, it's unstable in price, it will be deflationary, it's slow, and it's energy inefficient.

There are some cryptos that address these problems and outperform bitcoin, they just don't have the name recognition.

So on Binance when I look in Funds; Deposit Withdrawls and it says balance does that mean how many coins I have or the actually amount of USD i have in that particular coin?

I might think about cryptocurrencies when a major correction occurs, until then I will stick with stocks. I also think the stock market bull run will come to an end in about 12 months from now, so getting ready to switch my investment type to bonds soon.

Soon? you know hat if bond rates go up after you buy that the value of the ones you hold will drop. right?

I agree, blockchain technology is here to stay. But I'm still not convinced bitcoin is here to stay as a currency. I know it has skyrocketed in value, but it's more of a store of value and an investment (speculation) than a currency. It's an asset. As a currency I see a lot of problems with it, it's unstable in price, it will be deflationary, it's slow, and it's energy inefficient.

There are some cryptos that address these problems and outperform bitcoin, they just don't have the name recognition.

Name recognition is a big thing. Remember Beta vs VHS? I still agree with the points you've made.

So on Binance when I look in Funds; Deposit Withdrawls and it says balance does that mean how many coins I have or the actually amount of USD i have in that particular coin?
If were talking about the same thing, its showing you the bitcoin equivalent of all of your holdings combined, along with the total dollar value of your holdings

Threw a few bucks towards a basket of cryptos on binance last Friday. Picked up some cardano, ripple, substratum and power ledger. Power ledger is up from like 80 cents to over a dollar now. And the cardano I bought at 22 is now... 53 cents. The whole portfolio is up 40% from when I bought in. In just 3 days lol. Think I'm gonna rebuild my iota bags, and reinforce my cardano, power ledger and ripple holdings.

People on that ripple train need to settle the fuck down. They think it's going to be a 100$ coin or something one day when everything about ripple screams otherwise.

Some facts on ripple:
1. It's built to be a liquidity mover between banks. Banks can't do that if the price is fluctuating and going up.

2. The creators of ripple have stated they will just create more circulation if investors don't settle down, to bring stability to the price.

That leads to
3. Ripple is a centralized currency that can be manipulated and controlled by it's creator.

All these zealous morons think they're going to be millionaires buying ripple similar with what happened with bitcoin, are ignoring or are ignorant of the entire nature of what ripple is.

Ripple has 100 BILLION coins in circulation, compared to bitcoins 21 million. XRP is NEVER going to be worth 20k. It will never be worth 10k. Nor 5k. Nor 1000. Probably not even 500.

I will be shocked to see ripple hit 100 one day.

However, I am still going to buy some as I see it as pretty undervalued and could see it hit 10$ one day.

Gold doesn't oxidize and conducts electricity like a motherfucker.

Mix a little in with glass and you get skyscrapers that resist solar heating.

It's likely that gold is the most useful metal on earth.

Gold doesn't oxidize and conducts electricity like a motherfucker.

It's actually likely that gold is the most useful metal on earth.

Its useful yes but 95% of gold in the world does nothing besides be expensive and/or purrty.

Threw a few bucks towards a basket of cryptos on binance last Friday. Picked up some cardano, ripple, substratum and power ledger. Power ledger is up from like 80 cents to over a dollar now. And the cardano I bought at 22 is now... 53 cents. The whole portfolio is up 40% from when I bought in. In just 3 days lol. Think I'm gonna rebuild my iota bags, and reinforce my cardano, power ledger and ripple holdings.

People on that ripple train need to settle the fuck down. They think it's going to be a 100$ coin or something one day when everything about ripple screams otherwise.

Some facts on ripple:
1. It's built to be a liquidity mover between banks. Banks can't do that if the price is fluctuating and going up.

2. The creators of ripple have stated they will just create more circulation if investors don't settle down, to bring stability to the price.

That leads to
3. Ripple is a centralized currency that can be manipulated and controlled by it's creator.

All these zealous morons think they're going to be millionaires buying ripple similar with what happened with bitcoin, are ignoring or are ignorant of the entire nature of what ripple is.

Ripple has 100 BILLION coins in circulation, compared to bitcoins 21 million. XRP is NEVER going to be worth 20k. It will never be worth 10k. Nor 5k. Nor 1000. Probably not even 500.

I will be shocked to see ripple hit 100 one day.

However, I am still going to buy some as I see it as pretty undervalued and could see it hit 10$ one day.

Seconded.

Most ripple is not yet in circulation and is instead held by its creators.

If other banks start using it they will generate massive wealth for the creator banks. It would be suicide.

No ripple for me.

Seconded.

Most ripple is not yet in circulation and is instead held by its creators.

If other banks start using it they will generate massive wealth for the creator banks. It would be suicide.

No ripple for me.
You can make money from it too though. People just need to realize it's not the next 1000$ coin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back