Bitcoin currency of the future?

Yeah I'm admitting I was wrong. I wasn't actually doing the math through my thought process.

It's ok man. I just didn't know what you were talking about for a while there.

You need to get your math right for this ride though.

I have 25 IOTA. If IOTA makes decent money how would once sell that? There's only options for depositing to other coins. No option to sell into fiat.

I use Bitfinex for IOTA which I believe allows you to exchange it into dollars or Euros. Otherwise exchange it to bitcoin then sell the bitcoin. I made a small fortune on IOTA but I believe its still only going to go up significantly with microsoftsoft's backing so I will be keeping mine.

Unless the future of currency is a gigantic bubble waiting to pop, I'm not touching Bitcoin with a 10 feet pole at this point. If you're going to get in on the action, at least wait until after the crash.

Unless the future of currency is a gigantic bubble waiting to pop, I'm not touching Bitcoin with a 10 feet pole at this point. If you're going to get in on the action, at least wait until after the crash.
lol... sounds like you're better that you havent made serious cash.

from 10 cents to 17,000$
you clearly dont understand the underlying tech
you clearly dont understand the extent to which silicon valley and global markets have gotten behind it

on a side note, anyone stoked about this 20% rally in 24 hours?!

Another FOMO'ing douche that has no idea what he's talking about. You probably said the same thing at 10$... and 100... and 1000...and 10000. We're nearly at 16k. How mad are you??

<Waaah>

I bought microsoft in 1986 so I'm not mad at all.

It funded my college, trade school, and a commercial pilots license which is why I will be on "fast and loud" running on the kennedy space center runway next friday and you won't.

Your trend following ass will struggle for scraps and likely lose in the end because you are behind the curve instead of in front of it.

Why is money so important to you guys? Stop being brainwashed by the media into thinking buying fancing stuff will make you happier. I'm glad some of you made money off of this but this obsession is a bit unhealthy. If you're only putting a bit of money in that is completely fine but don't risk it all just in the hopes of getting rich quick. Reading through this thread makes me feel that while we've made so many breakthroughs technologically we've also taken two steps back spiritually. Just remember at the end of the day it's just money and there are more important things in life. And some yall really need to keep your egos in check

I bought microsoft in 1986 so I'm not mad at all.

It funded my college, trade school, and a commercial pilots license which is why I will be on "fast and loud" running on the kennedy space center runway next friday and you won't.

Your trend following ass will struggle for scraps and likely lose in the end because you are behind the curve instead of in front of it.
For all you know this is Microsoft in 1986. History is in the making right now. I bet someone told your ass in 86 that computers were just a trend and wouldn't have mainstream appeal. And just like your detractors back in the day, you clearly have no understanding of the underlying technology and the mainstream appeal and industry support for the tech

LOL..........I had my first PC in 1981 and by 1984 was programming in 4 languages.

I am so far ahead of you concerning any "technology" that you aren't even capable of understanding just how far you are behind.

You are already 5 years late on bitcoin.

lol... sounds like you're better that you havent made serious cash.

from 10 cents to 17,000$
you clearly dont understand the underlying tech
you clearly dont understand the extent to which silicon valley and global markets have gotten behind it
People thought the dotcom hype would go on forever too back in the 90's, and it went on a much bigger and longer bull run than bitcoin.

See a pattern?
nasdaq-bubble.gif

LOL..........I had my first PC in 1981 and by 1984 was programming in 4 languages.

I am so far ahead of you concerning any "technology" that you aren't even capable of understanding just how far you are behind.

You are already 5 years late.

You can make bank if you're still skilled with Fortran there's a lot of legacy software that needs maintenance and/or conversion to modern high level languages. Just fyi.

You are already 5 years late.

You're such a douche bag it's unbelievable. Let's say it's not Microsoft in 86. It's 5 years later. It's 1991, is buying Microsoft stock in 91 a terrible idea and "too late"? Lmfao @ being such a stuck up douche bag you're shitting on people for doing the same thing you did when you were young.

Look at the early pages of this thread. People like you have been saying the same shit since bitcoin was 100$, 500, 1000, 2000, and so on. When bitcoin was 1000 "if you didn't get in before this you're too late". Now it's nearly 17k. How about when bitcoin is worth 500,000$? At which point do you admit you were wrong or do you just infinitely move the goal post.

Block chain technology only started in 2009 with bitcoin. Get over yourself.

People thought the dotcom hype would go on forever too back in the 90's, and it went on a much bigger and longer bull run than bitcoin.

See a pattern?
nasdaq-bubble.gif
That's a composite of ALL .com/tech domains. Did the .com bubble burst mean that ALL websites crashed and went under and the internet went away??? Ofc not. Yes, cryptocurrencies are in a bubble. The bubble is that there are now 1300 different coins and 99% of them are going to vanish when people realize they have no reason to exist. Fortunately I have 0 positions in any of these copy cat bullshit coins.

I traded my positions over for mass sums of cash and invested in myself.

You haven't.

See a pattern?
nasdaq-bubble.gif

That's not really a good example, but look now:

nasdaq-history-chart.gif

Higher than it was only about 17 years ago.

Sure cryptocurrencies might be in a bubble (I'm not sure though since this is slightly different than everything else.), and it might shed some of its value, but it'll be a good investment long term.

That's not really a good example, but look now:

nasdaq-history-chart.gif

Higher than it was only about 17 years ago.

Sure cryptocurrencies might be in a bubble (I'm not sure though since this is slightly different than everything else.), and it might shed some of its value, but it'll be a good investment long term.

That guy isn't even worth responding to. He's made some block-headed determination and is using an isolated portion of a performance chart to prove a highly debatable argument.

Also seems unnecessarily emotional about something that really doesn't need to be affecting his day.

The thing about crypto currency is that nothing actually backs them. There's no government, army, gold etc. They're not actual currency as you can't really use them as currency without paying abhorrent fees. As such, they're a collector's item. They're only as valuable as the collector deems. In that sense they're no different than baseball cards. If they were viable as currency, I'd be more optimistic about their future. Eventually they'll be regulated, but determining which currency becomes regulated is pretty much just gambling at this point. It's the type of unwise investment that ruins amateurs. I can't even imagine all the suicides we'll see over the next half decade.

Back